Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10 days post-op. last night a had a sliver of a chicken tender, yesterday. I chewed it about 100 times but I still feel it in my throat, the next morning. Any suggestions.

Keep sipping Water to work it out. Your new tiny tummy is just not ready for that dense kind of Protein yet. Listen to it and keep with your Dr.'s diet. It's in place for a reason.

Good luck!

I went out for dinner with the hubs at about the same time frame. I had an ounce or so of Bourbon chicken and a couple of bites of a baked potato. Surgery on 7/24 and out for dinner on 8/4 or 8/5. Not a slip up according to my surgeon's book-o-info. Day 1 at home after surgery (two days after surgery), I started on soft foods, all going by his plan.

But definitely make sure you adhere to your doctor's plan. As newat52 said, it is there for a reason. :)

Hi Kimbernada, wow your stats are amazing i am your starting weight and im waiting to be scheduled for a date for my surgery. please can you give me a normal days worth of what you eat so i have an idea of how its done? Newat52 you didnt slip too bad my nutritionis said to start on mushy foods from the start. i dont know if i can mentally do that i havent had the surgery but already get nauseous at the thought of eating after surgery, so nervous.

Hi Kimbernada, wow your stats are amazing i am your starting weight and im waiting to be scheduled for a date for my surgery. please can you give me a normal days worth of what you eat so i have an idea of how its done? Newat52 you didnt slip too bad my nutritionis said to start on mushy foods from the start. i dont know if i can mentally do that i havent had the surgery but already get nauseous at the thought of eating after surgery, so nervous.

Do you have an account on My Fitness Pal? I can friend you and you'll have access to my food journals. :) I still have a Protein shake every morning. It saves me a little time because I don't have to "think" about what to have. My name on MFP is kimbernada.

Here are a couple of days... My goal is to eat around 900 calories and at least 80 grams of Protein. Nothing is really "off limits" except for trigger foods (Wheat thins, etc.) I have a little fridge under my desk at work and keep Atkins Protein shakes and Greek yogurt available. Plus I like Luna Protein Bars and Quest brownie Protein Bars. (The Quest ones are AWESOME after you microwave them for 10 seconds.)

foodjournal1.PNG

foodjournal2.PNG

I have it but it gives me Facebook acess my contacts or email theres no where i can see to type your name in. im not on facebook.

AHHHH I see, I thank you for that it gives me some kind of base. I had my nutritionist consult over the phone so I feel right from the get go it doesnt make sense, she told me I can eat soft mushy food as soon as I get home. I dont know if I agree with that too much. I feel Im going to be afraid to eat.

I have it but it gives me Facebook acess my contacts or email theres no where i can see to type your name in. im not on facebook.

Here's another way to add a friend by username:

1. Log into MFP

2. Click Friends

3. Click Profile

4. Click Find Members

5. Enter Username, click Search

6. Click Add As Friend

Here's another way to add a friend by username:

1. Log into MFP

2. Click Friends

3. Click Profile

4. Click Find Members

5. Enter Username' date=' click Search

6. Click Add As Friend[/quote']

Thank you. I needed that. You never know who is reading and lurking about :).

Thank you for all your help but unfortunately i cant get past the profile part it only gives me an option of view my profile or add friends then im back to square one. Its ok I wrote stuff down and took notes .Thank you guys for being so helpful.

Thank you for all your help but unfortunately i cant get past the profile part it only gives me an option of view my profile or add friends then im back to square one. Its ok I wrote stuff down and took notes .Thank you guys for being so helpful.

I know it's confusing. You go to add through email and then it gives you option to type I user name or email address. It worked for me. Try again :)

Here are the steps in pictures.. :)

Step 1: Log into MFP. Click on Profile.

step1.png

Step 2: Select Find Members.

step2.png

Step 3: In the Username or Email field, enter the username that someone gives you. Click Search.

step3.png

Step 4: Click Add as Friend.

step4.png

Step 5: Optionally enter a brief message and click Add as Friend.

step5.png

Ha... and yes, I'm 13 calories over my 900 caloric goal. I would have stopped at the gym after work today, but I've had a major head ache all day. I was throwing a rubber ball for my little dog while getting ready for work today. Instead of getting the ball to go down the hallway, I hit the wall and the ball hit me squarely in my right eye. HOLY BUCKETS! I never want to SEE something like that coming straight at my eye. (So far, I don't appear to have a black eye, so I sure hope it stays that way.) Anyhow, a head ache and blurry vision in the eye was the fun I had today. Oh well, it could have been worse. Somehow, I'm not quite sure HOW, but it could have been. LOL

Ouch that sounds like it hurts. I cant believe you took the time to give me a step by step in pics no less lol your the best! I appreciate that but we must have different versions because i dont have all those things but I managed to request you. I used ItsNowOrNevers directions lol hopefully you get the invite. MFP isnt in use I plan to use it after surgery.