Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non refrigerated snacks

So in June I will be going on vacation. Being only a week and a half out now, it seems like all my Snacks (yogurt, Jello etc) all have to be refrigerated. On vacation I will not have access to a refrigerator all the time and would like to find some snacks that I can tote with me. Any ideas? I like the idea of cheese, but good luck finding cheese that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Any suggestions?

The tuna packets. :)

By June you should be able to incorporate more Snacks into your regime. So guessing then at 9 weeks or more things you could try:

nuts

Protein Bars

high Fiber crackers

those packs of crackers and cheese(not the healthiest but will fill you up)

Jerky or pepperoni sticks

smalls cans of tuna, chicken(these are great to bring, I have done so)

I love the 100% juice fruit cups, especially the pears. Can you have that? SF pudding doesn't have to be refrigerated..

Thank you for the suggestions guys. This site is so helpful.

I buy these spicy pumpkin seeds from the whole foods bulk area. They are awesome. I've always loved spicy food, but now I crave it in postop life.

Depending on how far out you are from surgery..... I stumbled on the best quick snack that is ready to eat, Jiff Peanut Butter to-go. I keep them in my purse with little individual wrapped spoons. (Funny that the only thing I have gone into fast food places for are their spoons! ). This fills me up and stays with ya. 9grams of Protein. May not be the healthiest but holds you over and is great on the go. They sell big boxes at warehouse places too. Have a great vaca!

I am so sorry I didn't read more carefully and just now saw you are newly sleeved. How I missed that I don't know. Guess I saw "vaca" and thought woohoo! Ask your NUT about the Peanut Butter. I am 7mo out and have been eating it for awhile. I cannot, however, eat it with crackers. Don't like the way it feels. Where are you going on vacation?