Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months out and still feeling like I'm not worthy of my success!

So I have confession: I went shopping over the weekend and found some pretty summer dresses and and bathing suit. The thing is it was all located in the juniors dept!! I felt guilty for even looking in the dept but Hubby and my Sis kept trying to reassure me that it was ok. All I kept thinking was, "what gives me the right to be In This section that I have NEVER been in in all of my life!!! (Tearing up)

I'm 8 months out, 115 pounds gone. I'm at below my goal. I made it to 100lbs gone six months out!! I'm in a size 8 pants and dresses, small shirts, and I've been shopping a lot in Victoria secrets! I'm happy until I go out to go shopping then I get sad because I don't feel like I'm worthy!!! This mind game is something else. The size 8 jeans I had them for 3 weeks still wearing my size 2xl and size 12 because I couldn't believe I was actually in a size 8. I probably would still be wearing my bigger drawers if I wasn't losing them so much while at work. Just want to put my thoughts out there!!!

You are worth it! If you're anything like me, you thinking that you're "not worthy" is a reason why you got to your highest weight. Sometimes, as overweight women, we're made to believe we're not worthy of happiness I think. You are SO worth it and congratulations! I hope I too can have such a great success story as you.

You are worth it! If you're anything like me, you thinking that you're "not worthy" is a reason why you got to your highest weight. Sometimes, as overweight women, we're made to believe we're not worthy of happiness I think. You are SO worth it and congratulations! I hope I too can have such a great success story as you.

Thank you so much!! It's just hard and unbelievable to think I'm at this stage already!!!!

Good for you! :) I think this is the thing I am looking forward to the most. Being able to walk into any department store and be able to find something.

Good for you! :) I think this is the thing I am looking forward to the most. Being able to walk into any department store and be able to find something.

I actually had shopping but love what I look like when I get home. It's the comfort of the home and the fact that ice hidden for so long from others.

You are worth every once of it. We were covered up precious Pearls. We have to change our self talk. Start repeating positive talk, thoughts to our selves. I am worth it! I am worth it. Congrats on your Success. Your are worth it!

You are worth every once of it. We were covered up precious Pearls. We have to change our self talk. Start repeating positive talk, thoughts to our selves. I am worth it! I am worth it. Congrats on your Success. Your are worth it!

You are so right! We really can be our own worst enemies sometimes, and I know I have been mine regarding my weight. I still don't what's harder to believe - the self loathing related to weight, or disbelief that I am actually succeeding...both of these are different forms of negative self talk. Funny, because I really don't feel like I have self esteem issues. I'm pretty confident and successful, and I think others see me that way too, but when it comes to my weight, it's another story. Anyway, Changing, you are doing a great job, and you EARNED the right to wear whatever you want!! You deserve to enjoy it and feel so proud of what you've accomplished. I bet your head will eventually get there!

Interesting, Changing B4YourEyes. I have felt strange shopping in "normal" areas myself. I have awoke feeling my ribs and wondering what happened to my body.

Sometimes people who lose limbs still feel the limbs. It is called phantom pain.

I am wondering if we who have lost part of our stomach don't still perceive it being there in some way.

But more than that, emotionally attachment to the fat image that was a big part of our lives for so long could be still haunting us. We need to detach it from our identity and accept that reality has us skinny now. We never cry when we throw our cut off hair in the trash. Why do we mourn for fat or hang on to how it made us feel? I think humans need time to adjust to just about everything that occurs to them.

My mother never could fully adjust to the fact that I was an adult. I was still that helpless kid to her, she was amazed when I could function on my own. Now I have a wife to amaze. :huh::D

You ARE worth it!! I AM worth it!! We ALL are worth it!! Put on those size 8 pants and strut your stuff!!! We have worked hard to be at this point enjoy it and relish what you have accomplished.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats! That's so awesome!! I am so proud of u! You have done an amazing job!! Throw out all of those clothes that are too big! I went from a 22 to a 10. I don't wear anything that is too big. Regardless the amount of money I have spent on clothes over the last 11 months. I bought clothes for every size I went down. However. I am dealing with not wanting to leave the house. I never want to go and do anything. I would rather stay at home and go to the gym. I always decline invites with friends. All that being said. It sounds like we are all having struggles with the weight loss in some fashion. Good luck to you!! Throw out all of those clothes that are too big!! :)

So I have confession: I went shopping over the weekend and found some pretty summer dresses and and bathing suit. The thing is it was all located in the juniors dept!! I felt guilty for even looking in the dept but Hubby and my Sis kept trying to reassure me that it was ok. All I kept thinking was' date=' "what gives me the right to be In This section that I have NEVER been in in all of my life!!! (Tearing up)

I'm 8 months out, 115 pounds gone. I'm at below my goal. I made it to 100lbs gone six months out!! I'm in a size 8 pants and dresses, small shirts, and I've been shopping a lot in Victoria secrets! I'm happy until I go out to go shopping then I get sad because I don't feel like I'm worthy!!! This mind game is something else. The size 8 jeans I had them for 3 weeks still wearing my size 2xl and size 12 because I couldn't believe I was actually in a size 8. I probably would still be wearing my bigger drawers if I wasn't losing them so much while at work. Just want to put my thoughts out there!!![/quote']

Congrats to u...what an amazing transformation and testament to your hard work an dedication!!! I will be sleeved n 2 days and love to hear successful journeys.....continue to INSPIRE!!!????????????????

You look great and U are SO WORTH IT! congrats!

Interesting, Changing B4YourEyes. I have felt strange shopping in "normal" areas myself. I have awoke feeling my ribs and wondering what happened to my body.

Sometimes people who lose limbs still feel the limbs. It is called phantom pain.

I am wondering if we who have lost part of our stomach don't still perceive it being there in some way.

But more than that, emotionally attachment to the fat image that was a big part of our lives for so long could be still haunting us. We need to detach it from our identity and accept that reality has us skinny now. We never cry when we throw our cut off hair in the trash. Why do we mourn for fat or hang on to how it made us feel? I think humans need time to adjust to just about everything that occurs to them.

My mother never could fully adjust to the fact that I was an adult. I was still that helpless kid to her, she was amazed when I could function on my own. Now I have a wife to amaze. :huh::D

Your so right!!!! Thanks Bunches!!!!