Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bizarre Post-Op Side Effects!?

I had my surgery on 2/22/2013. I have no complaints regarding my surgery, but have noticed the following changes. I would like to know if any of you suffer from the same, or? 1. Clumsiness. I have began to notice how often I drop things. Anything small seems to hit the floor. Everything from Vitamin tablets to pens. Did the portion of my stomach which was removed throw off my balance? 2. Cotton mouth. Constantly thirsty. Every day around 3-4pm, I feel severe thirst. 3. hair feels different. For whatever reason, my hair no longer stays brushed. Shortly after brushing my hair, it looks messy.

The cotton mouth thing I totally

have. I can tell when I need to up my Water intake. I was sleeved 2/11

My doctor told me to drink plenty of Water. He said it would prevent me from getting hungry. No, it just prevents me from getting thirsty - Comedian Ron White.

I have some hair issues. At first it was a different texture then it seemed to always look messy but now it is falling out. I was sleeved 12/26.

Cotton mouth, yes. I was sleeved on 12/19. I always carry Water with me - all day, everywhere I go. I can go from feeling well-hydrated to feeling completely dehydrated in about a minute.

The other stuff - not so much - always been a bit of a butter-fingers and my hair... always had a mind of it's own and now it's begun to fall out.

I don't have those symptoms....but I do have an extraordinary sense of smell, and I also notice I'm a little foggy sometimes. Like I forget what I was doing. Maybe due to 800 calories a day?? My surgery was also 12.19.12.

Hairloss is typical. All these make sense since we're not getting nearly the amount of nutrients in our body as before. Try Biotin for the hairloss, or prenatal Multivitamins. I was just sleeved last week and the only odd thing I've noticed is that my dad ate a cheeseburger in front of me and I didn't have the mental vision of jumping over the table like a lioness and ripping it from his hands. :P Good luck on your journeys,kids!

Your balance will return once your body readjusts its center of balance. Because its used to carrying so much of you. As for everything else it's normal but drink more liquids and buy new gel.

Your balance will return once your body readjusts its center of balance. Because its used to carrying so much of you. As for everything else it's normal but drink more liquids and buy new gel.

I think you covered all the bases.

I was sleeved on 11/30/13 and my hair went from curly to straight and a tiny bit of loss. Also after sleeving I have a super sensitivity to any thing sweet. most slightly sweet food is just to sweet to eat

I forgot to mention the 4th change. A craving for spicy food. I suppose all of the Soups, Protein Shakes and yogurt have put my taste buds to sleep! great input everyone, I appreciate it!