Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

finally discharged from the hospital after 2 days

when does it get better? pain...nausea. .soreness...gas pains.

Oh dear....I hope really really soon! I can't stand when people suffer. I will pray for you right now. Hope you feel better soon. Take your meds, whatever pain killers they gave you....& hope it helps!

Everyday it gets a little better.. As much as you don't want to do it sometimes walk, walk about 10 to 15 minutes out of every waking hour it really does get that gas moving and out quicker!

Discomfort can last about a week make sure your not twisting and bending to much. And it's easier to "roll" when you are getting out of bed.

Good luck to you

I had gas for the first two days after surgery. It went away after that. I did have pain from my incisions to some degree for at least a month.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this. This was the worst part for me.

For me, the nausea went away day 4. Came back after I wasn't drinking enough fluids on day 5. I've been diligent about walking and DRINKING (yay for the 4oz of Fluid sf Popsicles give you) and my nausea has been good. He cramping got significantly better day 6. Yesterday. Because the grumbles got lower and the tooting amped up. (hasn't really stopped. No complaints!)

The question your asking was the only one I would ask when I was in and just out of the hospital. I'd ask it in my head, to anyone that would listen, and sometimes while just whining to myself. I kept hearing "it gets better everyday." I didn't believe it. But it's so true. Again, the only reverse I had was because I wasn't getting enough fluids in. It'll gett significantly better by the end of the first week!

Oh! And I was on roxicet and I was slightly over medicated once and that got me nauseous. I don't have any pain in my insision's anymore. Never really did. I am lucky there.

Sorry you are hurting. It really does get better every day. Stay ahead of the pain if you need to and take the meds. Walk and sip as much as you can, it will help more than you can realize right now.

Speedy recovery!

It really does. Keep walking and sipping. Take you pain meds before the pain kicks in. Praying for you.

I am newly sleeved! 3-18-13, and the gas has been the worst part for me! I have been up walking consistently since I came out of recovery. I have had a hard time being able to burp, and when I can or if I hiccup it hurts so bad. My insidious have never bothered me! I occasionally feel bruised but my biggest complaint is the gas, and the shoulder pain! Gas X strips have helped me be able to fall asleep, but they don't last long! Everyone is different, you just have to find what works for you! Good luck to all!

everyone is different because I have not had pain or gas or any complication. I take malox before bed. I am lucky I guess