Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 29th is Sleeve Day for Me...anyone else?

Just looking for folks with the same sleeve date so we can cheer each other on! I'll be sleeved at Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.

Congrats! Me too. March 29th in NJ. Overall, I'm excited... with the occasional nervousness. ;) How much time do you plan on taking off for recovery?

Congrats! Me too. March 29th in NJ. Overall' date=' I'm excited... with the occasional nervousness. ;) How much time do you plan on taking off for recovery?[/quote']

Off. Well...there is no "off" since I stay at home with my FOUR little boys, but I am staying at least 4 nights away (getting a hotel near the Hospital) since I live 1.5 hours away.

Do you think that's enough time? How long are you taking off?

Yeah, I guess with 4 little guys there is no "off" to be had. But great that you are giving yourself the 4 nights away for a little recoup time.

I'm going to take a week off from work after surgery. From others' experiences, it seems that everyone's recovery time is different. The thing I am concerned about is just getting tired easily. So, fingers crossed that isn't too much of an issue.

Yeah' date=' I guess with 4 little guys there is no "off" to be had. But great that you are giving yourself the 4 nights away for a little recoup time.

I'm going to take a week off from work after surgery. From others' experiences, it seems that everyone's recovery time is different. The thing I am concerned about is just getting tired easily. So, fingers crossed that isn't too much of an issue.[/quote']

I have questions about energy too! How can we even MOVE at that much if a calorie deficit? But it seems like a lot of people get back to work and do just fine. I hope you do too!

Im getting sleeved the 8th of april just got my date yesterday. . I ask the doc how long I should be off, he said some people do a week, but 2-3 is good to be able to adjust and give your body time to adjust. So im taking off a total of two and a half weeks returning on a wenesday, So ill only have a short week to get back on schedule. I live 1 hour from my joband commute daily n he just adivses me to get out and walk n stretch atleast 30 min into my commute to prevent blood clots.. so hoping all goes well. I have five littles to care for so im prepared to keep quick food in thr home for them so I can rest.. im glad theyll be in school during thr day though.. lol

Im getting sleeved the 8th of april juat got my date yesterday. . I askes thw doc how long to be off he said some do a week but 2-3 is good to be able to adjust.. So im taking off a total of two and a half weeka returning on a wens. So ill only have a short week. I live 1 hour from mu job n he just adivses me to get out and walk at 30 min into mu commute to prevent blood clots.. so hope alk goea well

Wow...great info! Especially since I live 1.5 hours from my hospital. I won't be driving, but I'll be sure to get out and walk around a bit along the way!

PS-Congrats on getting your date!!!