Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Louisiana Sleevers?

@@saintsfan1 been there its insecurity..... if its ment 2 be u will over come... if not he will let his insecurities gwt the best if him an it will be over..... I had 2 ch3ck mine.... like wjat.... was I 2 big 4 u to be jealous b4???

Which hospital is ur surgery at? I can say that he definitely knows his stuff. My pain was that of gas which was remedied by walking, I had no problem wi th the incisions or drain removal. U are in great hands and God is definitely with u and ur surgical team! Are you having to do the presurgery diet?

I am in Lafayette and hoping to get sleeved in mid April. My doctor is Carson Cunningham.

My insurance will not cover the surgery so I am private pay.

I am a little nervous about this new journey and would like advice from any of you.

Hey, I'm going to set an appointment with Dr Cunningham soon. How is it going?

I'm approved financially, but I'm scared. Errr

Im from Lake Charles. No one has mentioned Dr.Dominguez in Covington on Northshore? Anyone have expirience with him, or know anyone that has? Thing is...i was going to use Dr.Alveraz in Mexico, he's got major great reviews. I was going to self-pay. Well, Im temporary available for a medicaid card and I found only one Dr in all of Louisiana that accepts it and its Dr Dominguez in Covington, but I can not find ANY reviews, positive or negative? Im at a loss on what to do??? HELP! "/

No,he's with St.Tammany Parish Hospital in Covington.

I've been researching this man for nearly 3 days now and can't find anything? He's a general surgeon who does gastric sleeves only. His nurse said about 30 a month, but I just find it odd that I have searched 2 different weight loss/bariatric forums and nothing at all on him. Ughhh

@shnyinside check out Southern Surgical Hospital in Slidell. Their website is www.whyweight.com They are on LindbergDr, it's the i10 service road. They have a group of doctors, like 6 of them, that all preform the surgery. Dr Moore did mine and she was fantastic. Their main office in in Mandeville in the Premier Building on the 190 service road near Lakeview hospital and they have a smaller office in Slidell near the surgical hospital. Everyone in the office was great and were accommodating. They do surgery at several hospitals in the area and I was able to choose and had it here in Slidell at southern surgical.

I'm in Slidell too Dr Moore also Dec 22 2014 love them only 20pds away from goal an just 7mts out

Dr. Ordoyne is leaving. That is who I wanted to do it. He's going to be the medical director of an insurance company. He will be taking call on weekends, but is leaving full time surgery. Broke my heart! I spoke with him a few weeks ago in the hospital and I believe he was on call and already gone from full time stuff.

I'm looking at Dr. Rachel Moore who is in with Dr. Lavin. They use three surgical centers. One is in New Orleans, one in Covington, and one in Slidell.

Went for my first appointment today for weigh in and spoke with one of the nurse practitioners. Liked all the staff and they seemed to have it together pretty good. I'm going to a seminar in Covington tomorrow night.

It's looking like, if all is a "go", I'll be having surgery in September.

she did my surgery Amazing!!!! Dec 22 7mts out over 100pds down an 20 away from goal you can not even see my incisions

Im from Lake Charles. No one has mentioned Dr.Dominguez in Covington on Northshore? Anyone have expirience with him, or know anyone that has? Thing is...i was going to use Dr.Alveraz in Mexico, he's got major great reviews. I was going to self-pay. Well, Im temporary available for a medicaid card and I found only one Dr in all of Louisiana that accepts it and its Dr Dominguez in Covington, but I can not find ANY reviews, positive or negative? Im at a loss on what to do??? HELP! "/

regardless going 2 Mexico is a bad idea my sister went 2 him has so many problems an medicare won't aid 2 fix since it was done out the country..... here is better an at least u know they can't steal a kidney... lol... I had Dr Moore here fantastic.... but u gotta do what u have 2....Mexico is just a bad choice

I disagree about it being a bad idea. There are hundreds of threads in here where ppl haved used Alvarez and praise him and his,work. I think Id get much better treatment there than in the states. A local friend went to him 4 months ago and has had a very successful surgery, lost 70lbs so far. I'm far more concerned about getting surgery from a dr in the states that has zero recommendations or reviews.

You are actually the very first person that has spoke anything negative about him in the hundred reviews Ive seen.

Can you elaborate on your sisters "problems"??

Vitamin deficiencis blood issues Idk a lot he offered 2 fix if she paid 2 get there but her funds wouldn't allow... I just feel going 2 another country with no laws is a bad idea... who's 2 say u don't have complications that may need regular treatment are you rich enough 2 keep traveling back and forth??

Im only 6 hours away, I can drive, lol.

Im about 5 hours from Covington, so... if its an emergency I just go to the ER. Other wise, I would drive. Not expensive for me at all.

Edited by Fonteli37

Like I said though, you are the only one out of hundreds thats said anything negative. Id rather pay out of pocket to use a Dr that I feel knows what hes doing, they shuttle me from Tx a few miles across the border, than stay in the states and let the State pay for a Dr who I know nothing about and when I asked questions to his nurse, she got defensive & rude like how dare I ask questions. Naaahh, Im just not feeling him or his staff at all and If I do a consult with him and still dont have peace of mind, my @$$ will be in Mexico w-Dr Alvarez.

Edited by Fonteli37

U should see if Dr Moore in Slidell will accept insurance she did a phenomenal job on me you can't even see my scars.... 7mts out over 100pds