Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questioning myself on everything! Please Help!

Hi Everyone! I am two weeks post-op and am just starting my next phase of blended food. Everything I have eaten I have done fine with, so far. But the problems I am having is I am desperately afraid of gaining weight back or not being successful with my new gastric sleeve. I am afraid I am eating too much, I am afraid I am going to fall back into unhealthy habits. Ugh! It's driving me crazy what I am doing to myself!! So have any of you experienced this or think this way? Please help I am in need of some encouragement!!

I was sleeved march 8th and feel the same. It's all in our heads. Dr told me I must log my food so I can c that I'm not over eating. It worked. Good luck to u

I know it's in my head but its SO hard to change that internal dialogue to myself. Yes, I log my food also. I can see I am not eating all that much but it just doesn't help all those bad thoughts. Good luck to you also! How many calories are you consuming daily?

Just don't over eat. It's really pretty simple. Your sleeve will let you know in no uncertain terms when you're full. When that happens, just stop. If you continue, you won't feel very will and will know better next time. Unless you limit your diet to Twinkies (I don't think they even make them anymore) eating 3 meals consisting of 3-4 oz 3X a day and a couple of 2 oz Snacks is never going to put weight on you. Chill out and enjoy. I have had refried Beans, houmous, pudding spiked with Protein Powder, Protein Shakes, nonfat yogurt, etc. Not my first choices but it's only for 2 weeks. Eat every 3 hours and you'll be just fine. Promise.

i don't eat more than 1/2 cup of healthy Protein at a meal and eat 3 meals and a snack. my calories average 800 calories and i get 60gpand 48 -64oz Fluid. 8 weeks post op

I think it comes from the fact that every other time we've lost weight we've put it back on. Hard to believe this is the time that won't happen again right? But it is.

As the scale starts to slide you'll get more self confidence. As soon as you recognise the negative self talk, shake it off. You can obviously recognise it because you posted about it.

Make sure you're getting plenty of exercise, like walking. That will help with the anxiety if there is any.

Good luck. You are losing this weight for the last time!

Go on to YouTube and search VSG - watch hundreds of videos (if not thousands) of successful people.

Try to turn your internal dialogue of one that is anticipating failure to one that is of unlimited possibilities and success.

This conversation has been really helpful to me. Thanks everyone! I am 6 days post surgery and was afraid I was eating too much. Today I had about 6 Oz Protein Shake the Water later, 8 oz then for lunch 1/2 cup Soup, then 8 oz water, the supper 1/4 cup mashed potatoes with a little cheese to add more Protein also had a Popsicle for snack says is about 450 calories do far and about 40 grams of protein. Does this sound ok to eat? Just feeling nervous a bout eating!??