Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IM SCARED ...HAVING LAST MINUTE BAD THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT CAN GO WRONG DURING SURGERY :’(

Blood Clot Prevention: Leg Sleeves and Stockings

Ask your doctor if he has ordered special sleeves or stockings for you to wear on your legs to help stop blood clots from forming in your legs while you are in the hospital. The sleeves are called Sequential Compression Device (SCD) system and the stockings are Thrombo Embolic Deterrent hose (TED® hose). These sleeves and stockings help keep pressure on the legs to help stop blood from clotting.

Along with the SCDs or TED hose' date=' your doctor may order other methods to prevent blood clots. These may include taking medications to thin your blood, doing ankle-pumping exercises, getting out of bed and walking around. Any or all of these may help to stop blood clots.

I hope this eases your mind. Best wishes for a safe surgery.[/quote']

Thank You doll. He's going to have some boots on me while surgery is happening . I'm kind of not sure if the boots are going to stay on me after surgery but there some type of special boots that will keep your blood flow going ..I'm just scared

I bought some compression stocking at Walmart, but any pharmacy will carry them. (I used them during my pregnancy cause I worked on my feet all day) so I brought them to Mexico with me, they had thigh high ones to wear during surgery an my stay at the hospital but I wore my knee high ones when traveling.

My surgery is Thursday (March 21) and like you all I am VERY nervous and scared of possible complications but like my surgeon said, it's by far less risky than doing nothing!!! I don't want to leave my wife and 2 babies!!!

Heaviness had nothing to do with it. When its your time its gonna happen. I bet he walked and food everything right.

They will give you Teds to wear on hosp and to take home.

You will wear the bootsthe whole time your in hosp. They detach when you get up to potty or walk. Try not to worry. I know its easier said than done but you will be okay guys.

You'll be ok!

I feel terrible for that persons family after hearing of his passing.

You need to put it into some context though. This site has 55,000 members. You heard about one person who recently died.

I'm sure you've jumped through a lot of hoops to get here. Get excited - this is going to be great!

Deano

YOU ALL HAVE BEEN AMAZING WITH GIVING ME YOUR FEEDBACK. IM STILL WORRIED BUT IM GOING TO BE OK. I HAVE SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND MY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AREN'T KEEPING ME FROM THIS ONE THING I WANT SO BAD. KEEP ME AND THE REST OF US IN YOUR PRAYERS. I HOPE THAT I CAN COME BACK FROM THIS SURGERY WITH AN UPDATE AND GOOD NEWS.

SURGERY IS ON TUESDAY...GOD KNOWS IM SCARED ...WORRIED AND I HAVE A SMALL CHILD I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE BEHIND. HELP!!!!

I was scared very scared! I was sleeved 2/25. U have to knw in your heart that this is the right path for u... Meditate, pray, talk to a counselor, do whatever it is that calms u and do any thing needed (healthfully) that leaves u at peace - as much as it can - with this being the right decision. If u feel it is for u good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

IM SCARED ..

dat_sweetmami

its common/frequent that people are scared/"concerned" about having surgery

you hear about bad outcomes, complications - and even a death :(

these sad stories understandably stick out in your brain :(

but...........the amount of people having problems is few 1% or so - there is a section you can read about all those problems

sure there are "normal" problems post WLS

gas, vomitting - but these problems will pass, and hopefully you'll be back to normal sooner than later

but there is no section/thread captioned "i am so happy, i had great WLS - i am eating well, continueing to feel great et al"

if this were a thread - there would be millions upon millions of responses :)

start your new, happier, heathier, longer life ASAP :)

don't second guess your wise initial decision to have WLS

good luck

speedy recovery :)

dat_sweetmami

its common/frequent that people are scared/"concerned" about having surgery

you hear about bad outcomes' date=' complications - and even a death :(

these sad stories understandably stick out in your brain :(

but...........the amount of people having problems is few 1% or so - there is a section you can read about all those problems

sure there are "normal" problems post WLS

gas, vomitting - but these problems will pass, and hopefully you'll be back to normal sooner than later

but there is no section/thread captioned "i am so happy, i had great WLS - i am eating well, continueing to feel great et al"

if this were a tread - there would be millions upon millions of responses :)

starting your new, happier, heathier, longer life :)

don't second guess your wise initial decision to have WLS

good luck

speedy recovery :) [/quote']

Thank you proudgrammy. I'm driving my husband crazy... Well and myself! My surgery is on the 26th and I'm having such second thoughts. I'm making myself sick! :(. I admire your strength and kinds words!

SURGERY IS ON TUESDAY...GOD KNOWS IM SCARED ...WORRIED AND I HAVE A SMALL CHILD I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE BEHIND. HELP!!!!

Im so feeling the same surgery is wed

OH I hear you mine is tomorrow and I am a wreck.. Both of us will be ok. Believe me I am sitting here doubting but I know it is my fear talking. We will do fabulous... !

OH I hear you mine is tomorrow and I am a wreck.. Both of us will be ok. Believe me I am sitting here doubting but I know it is my fear talking. We will do fabulous... !

Omg good luck and i hope you have a speedy recovery

It's very normal to have fear before surgery, especially when it's elective surgery. But just know this will be one of thee best decisions you will ever make! I'm 8 months post op and down 78lbs! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that I made this decision! Keep thinking about all the wonderful things you will be able to do after you lose your weight! Good luck and God bless! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery!!