Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEURTO VALLARTA - has anyone gone there for surgery?

No one replied to my last thread?!

Looking for experiences from there please dde0a

I can't link to it on my phone, but I found a couple threads by searching "Puerto Vallarta"

Start there :) Most of us went or are going to TJ or Mexicali so there's not a whole lot of people that can answer this for you! But do the search, there were some good trip descriptions in there!

Thanks (yet again) I did actually use the search bar for PV but I'm on my phone and may not of gone deep enough ... Ill go look now!! X

Thanks (yet again) I did actually use the search bar for PV but I'm on my phone and may not of gone deep enough ... Ill go look now!! X

:) Xoxoxo

Hi Rollargirl, I had my surgery in Puerto Vallarta on Oct 20/12 with Dr Lopez and Dr Osuna. I didn't for one minute regret my choice. The hospital is new, big, clean and quiet. The hotel Marriott is amazing, the staff were wonderful. Anakaren that meets you at the airport is a gem. My husband came with me and we stayed 3 extra days. I had no problems after my surgery. If you have any other questions you can im me.

kathy

Thank you! I still have to wait on who can come w me - worst case scenario I go it alone to TJ (to meet up w Kristina!) but want all the facts so I can book everything and get work covered etc ASAP ... I have heard their hospital is new that's a big plus! I heard the cancun one when u first walk in you want to walk back out again hahaha ... Thank u so much ill contact u if I choose PV

Rebecca

Hey all,

I haven't been to PVR yet. My surgery is scheduled for May 17th.

Thank you! I still have to wait on who can come w me - worst case scenario I go it alone to TJ (to meet up w Kristina!) but want all the facts so I can book everything and get work covered etc ASAP ... I have heard their hospital is new that's a big plus! I heard the cancun one when u first walk in you want to walk back out again hahaha ... Thank u so much ill contact u if I choose PV

Rebecca

The Amerimed Hospital is Peurto Vallarta is brand new. It's amazing. Your room is more like a suite than a hospital room.

I went alone to PV from Canada for surgery. I was completely fine.

Thanks guys! I had asked my friend to get the time off for the cancun dates - but now I want to PV one!!! Don't know if I could handle the stress of waiting another week to find out if se can get it off! Lol ... I've heard the cancun hospital makes u want to run away when u first walk in but upstairs and surgery room are nice ... Oh well .. Ill have to wait and see!

I was also decided on Cancun with Dr. Perez, but the things I've read about the Clinica Victoria have made me begin to look at other options. Dr. Joya is 1050.00 more than Dr. Perez but the hospital looks so much nicer and so I am leaning that way. I am going to do more research though, before I make my final bookings. :-)

YES! I was there on Jan 21st for surgery with Dr Joya. Can't say enough great things about the hospital/staff. I would do it again in a heart beat.

How did everything go with Dr Joya? No complications or complaints?

I was also decided on Cancun with Dr. Perez, but the things I've read about the Clinica Victoria have made me begin to look at other options. Dr. Joya is 1050.00 more than Dr. Perez but the hospital looks so much nicer and so I am leaning that way. I am going to do more research though, before I make my final bookings. :-)

Who did you end up going with? I'm scheduled with dr joya and wanted to see if you ended up seeing him or not