Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was legitimately hungry post op as well. It will pass. However most of us do not lose all our hunger pangs. It is a lucky few that are never hungry post op. I wish I was one of those people! Lol! Once you are able to eat more substantial food you will feel restriction from your sleeve and things get easier. The liquid phase was the hardest. Btw I am 3.5 months out and down 35 pounds. 25 pounds to goal. I was a low BMIer.

I am tired of reading about how hunger is just in our head. I appreciate you on the boards amazon' date=' but sometimes ya gotta let others be different than you. :)

Some wake up from surgery and are never hungry again. Some are hungry after a year or two. Some are starving a week into it.

I'm going to say that (for now) I'm stinkin hungry. It could be acid but I've been on this Dang antacid for 5 or so days now and I'm really not noticing much of a difference. This feeling comes and goes just like hunger did before. I'm pretty sore I've read that it can take a month or so for all or the grehlin hormone to leave our bodies as well.

I just hate seeing newbies come here saying they are hungry only to be shot down. It's true that some people REALLY ARE hungry after sirgery.

(Hugs for the hungries)[/quote']

Your post was refreshing! I know how I was feeling at the time and no one could tell me otherwise. But I did respect the values and opinions of everyone who commented.

I was legitimately hungry post op as well. It will pass. However most of us do not lose all our hunger pangs. It is a lucky few that are never hungry post op. I wish I was one of those people! Lol! Once you are able to eat more substantial food you will feel restriction from your sleeve and things get easier. The liquid phase was the hardest. Btw I am 3.5 months out and down 35 pounds. 25 pounds to goal. I was a low BMIer.

Congrats on your success!

I am 5 days post-op and I am hungry. Yesterday was really bad. Today is not terrible. I do wonder if it is head hunger. Yesterday I felt like I was obsessing about food. Today, I have tried to do other things to keep my mind off of food. I hope and pray that I am NOT hungry and it really is just in my head. This is hard.

Hang in there dixie. try to chew on popsicles and stay distracted. Doesnt do much for real hunger, but sure helps with the head hunger. Good luck!!

I am chewing on popsicles and taking my antacid Nexium medicine. I am getting in plenty of Protein and Fluid intake daily but I am still so dang hungry. I just don't understand. My sister and I had this surgery the same day and she is not hungry and it is all she can do to get her fluids down. I am just so disappointed.

Hang in there dixiejuju! I get disappointed too. but the scale is still moving down. I cant eat near as much as i used to. We will get there.

Ya know, I've even read doctors make our stomach different sizes, maybe that is why some people are hungrier than others. Also, I want very much to believe I now have reduced grelin, but after reading more about it on the Internet it is a controversy. It is so true some are hungrier than others. I thank my lucky stars for a 1 month PRE surgery diet. I had already had my food ripped!!!!, yes ripped away from me so I had been so hungry before surgery I was more accustomed to way less food. Hang in there, find an activity that distracts you.

Forget about head hunger for a minute... 2 days out of surgery I would get what felt like hunger pains.. someone told me to take generic prilosec.. I calles the drs office and told them ide get hunger pains and she said its mostly likely acid churning.. so I went and bought some medicine and a couple days later it stopped... I know it was acid .. it was confirmed with hot yellow runny poo for 3 days post op. Anyways.. I am now 3 weeks post op to the day. I still take my antacids but I do get hungry. I was onpureed food and of course it didnt fill me up.. its drinking ur food basically. So today I started mushies and im hopeing since im eating food with more substance thatll subside. .. ok head hunger I know the difference and it isnt generally ur belly being empty and growling.

I don't understand why 'getting hungry' is a feeling that everyone is surprised they still have? It should definitely be suppressed, of course. All of the research I have done, I have found that most people still do get hungry. We cannot expect to have this surgery and think we will never be hungry again. I am fully expecting it to happen...I am sure it is going to be a new challenge. I will have my surgery on March 22nd, and I have to say that reading all of this is really helpful for me in so many ways. I am really appreciative that we have this outlet when things have gone awry:)

I am going to try to eat every 2.5-3 hours or so starting off my morning with a Protein Shake then 4 small meals after that.. usually about 3 ozs... I just start to get hungry ar that time BUT quickly goes away after a lil food