Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake/Bars: What's your favorite?

So I still have 2.5mths to go until I finish my program prior to surgery. I want to know what everyone's favorite brand/flavor of bars and shakes are. I want to be able to go out and buy a sample of each to figure out which I like best but which ones should I stay away from and which ones would you all recommend?

I like the Oh Yeah pb chocolate Protein bars. They are fairly low in carbs and don't have sugar alcohol. That stuff makes me sick. I also like Power Crunch bars. They also are pretty low carb for Protein Bars. Most Protein Bars have way too many carbs.

If you go to the food forum, there is a thread ''Places to get samples" You can order all sorts of samples of Protein drinks.

I had a hard time tolerating most shakes. What seemed to taste fine to me before surgery, was too sweet and rich after. Most of them gagged me. I wasted a lot of money. I finally found one I can drink. It is the "body by vi" Protein Drink. It is a high quality, easy to digest Protein with lots of nutrition. The powder is 90 calories for 2 scoops with 30 grams of protein. It taste good by itself, but you can add frozen fruit, yogurt, etc. if you like. I personally like it without any additives. You can buy it from a rep if you know one but can also find it on Amazon.< /p>

What kind of Protein is that body by vi? I thought i read in another thread that it is soy isolate? Is that right or is it whey?

Quest Protein bars are great because they have much needed Fiber. Lots of fun flavors too, Kind of expensivem, though - more than 2 bucks each.

If I eat a bar it's a Quest Protein bar. They are the cleanest bar you will be able to find.

For shakes I drink the premiere Protein. You can buy them at SAMs, costco and I've read Kroger.

Body by Vi is a Protein mixture of both soy and whey I believe. I agree Melissa 114, the only one that doesn't gag me. I try to drink at least one a day to supplement my protein.

Sorry, it is 12 grams of Protein plus the 8-10 in the milk. So about 22 per shake. Borden high protein 2% milk has 10 grams as opposed to most others having 8. My nutritionist recommended it since I was having trouble getting in enough protein.

Body by vi is the best I've had so far, It's the only one that I have never had to gag down. My best friend sells it and you can get it here: http://spencerhealth....bodybyvi.com��

It's definitely worth getting!

the link is broken

Sorry, it is 12 grams of Protein plus the 8-10 in the milk. So about 22 per shake. Borden high Protein 2% milk has 10 grams as opposed to most others having 8. My nutritionist recommended it since I was having trouble getting in enough protein.

are you able to use anything other than milk and still have it taste ok? milk tends to make me really sick if I have more than a few sips of it.

I have a friend who mixes it with the almond milk and likes it a lot. Almond milk doesn'thave as much Protein, but you may be able to tolerate it better. Or also try the Silk soy milk.

I mix my body by vi with orange juice some times and it makes it taste like a dreamsicle.

I mix mine with oj too and sometimes a lil vanilla extract. So good

I bought a case each of chocolate and vanilla Premier Protein from costco because it was easy. I did a liquid diet two weeks prior to surgery which included those shakes and I'm now two weeks past surgery. To make a long story short, they both make me gag to think about them now. All of the chocolate is gone over the past 4 weeks but the vanilla is still there and I might use them for target practice.

I wish I found powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein prior to purchasing Premier Protien. In my opinion, their Chocolate Splendor mixed with 2% milk is 100x better then Premier. They also have an unflavored version that you can mix in Soups or other things.