Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found a cure for Acid Reflux/heartburn

Okay, you guys will think I'm crazy and I don't know if this is good for bandsters or not (I'm not banded yet). However, I've had a bad case of acid reflux for years, I'm usually up 1 or 2 times a night and am currently taking protonix - have taken everything else too.

Well my DH brings home an article from a man that describes what he used to cure it - apple cider vineger. I basically told my DH that he was crazy and there is no way I'm drinking vinager straight. But the other night, I was so desperate that I took the recommended 2 TBSP and I couldn't believe it, it cured it. At first, there was the burning sensation of the vineger, and then it felt like it was burning in my stomach for a bit, and the after 15 min it was gone, completley.

So, I wake up this morning, same thing, so I take a few swigs right out of the bottle of the vinager, and it cures it. Weird? I can't believe it, has anyone else had this happen or tried this? I swear it has worked for me! But again, I'm not banded yet and not sure if straight vinager would be okay for a bandster. But I thought I would share my story for anyone that cared or had this problem.

Ill definately give it a go. Apple cider vinegar was recommended to me as a sure fire way to get rid of swelling when I had a tt, but I never tried it.

I remember someone mentioning something about it ruining your teeth though when you have it pure. I cant remember exactly or if it was even that but it was something like that.

Thanks for the tip, Ill give it a try next time.

Worked for me too. I used to get horrendous heart burn, sour stomach and acid reflux prior to losing weight. I have even tried dill Pickle Juice amd that worked too. The vinegar works wonders. I guess by what I have heard it neutralizes the acid in the stomach and dissipates that sour, ucky feeling.

I was in "The Vitamin Shoppe" one day and a sales rep for Natures Way products was telling another customer about it, so I stepped in and asked if he was kidding and he said no. He took me over to a bottle of the apple cidar vinegar and said here it is, trust me it works!

I was telling him I use Tums and he said this was natural and that I shouldn't be taking the Tums that they're bad for the pancrease. Ok, I admit, I'm still taking the Tums, it's just so much easier in the middle of the night to grab the Tums.

doesn't that make you gag? I don't know if I could choke it down.

It was tough, kinda like taking a shot of whisky or something I guess, but it has been working for me and I was desperate, so I choke it down. I'm kinda used to it now, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I don't get heartburn or acid reflux but I've been using a tsp of white vinegar for years to cure hiccups. I don't mind the taste, its no worse then eating a pickle and my hiccups are instantly gone.

Previous post, Gerd and the lapband. on 10/29, I posted about this same thing and wrote about the reasons my Dr. had me try this. His explanation about the sphinter muscles was amazing. Wierd Huh? We have parallel posts!

I am going to try this as soon as I get home!! I was told by the nurse in my lapband office that if I was having acid reflux I was eating too much, but my goodness I have it when i eat , when I don't and it doesn't matter how little I eat. I feel like I have been drinking fire. Someone suggested that I get my gallbladder checked and from what I am finding on the internet it is possible. I am afraid that maybe I did eat too much a time or two and did permanent damage to my esophagus. I am not sleeping because when I lay down it is 10 times worse. I have tried rolaids, pepcid ac, tums... nothing seems to work.

apple cider vinegar is also used as a form of weight loss if taken daily. chronic heartburn or acid reflux? I would definitely want to know the cause even if it involves going to a naturopath or homeopath who deals in natural health - apple cider vinegar is a natural health product.

Apple Cider Vinegar is supposed to be a cure for lots of things. I wasn't aware though that you are expected to drink it straight. All the articles I have read have always recommended that you put it in a glass of warm Water.< /p>

I think the formula is that the apple cider is mixed with some warm Water and honey? Heard it many years ago. found an article on internet with the remedy. Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss

I tried it for a while but it tasted so horrible I gave it up - then again in those days I had about 8 - 10 pounds to lose