Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol kills and its legal. Pot doesnt kill and its illegal. Why, for the life of me I can not understand. I dont smoke and I sure in the hell dont drink. If I had to choose between the two it would be pot!

lol I hate pain meds too. surgery date is June 10. happy to see I'm not the

only pahtaker... haha wasn't sure what kind of answer I'd get if I asked...

looking forward to getting my life back...

Alcohol kills and its legal. Pot doesnt kill and its illegal. Why' date=' for the life of me I can not understand. I dont smoke and I sure in the hell dont drink. If I had to choose between the two it would be pot![/quote']

I live by the quote "Man made beer, God made pot" "Who do you trust?"

You don't want judgment, then don't post. You want to be free to post? I'm free to judge. I smoked my share while i was an irresponsible teen in high school. But I grew up. Whether or not it should be legal? I say sure, why not. But as long as its illegal, then your being extremely irresponsible. If your in a state it's legal? Then all the power to you. I'd wait a few weeks until you are more healed. But intentionally breaking the law? Not good.

But hey, your life, your choices.

The only concern I would have about tokin it up after surgery would be the way ANY smoke (weed or other) tends to decrease your blood flow. IMO there is nothing worth jeopardizing the healing of an internal organ.

That being said....it ain't gonna be easy. For me there is nothing more relaxing after a long day of work, tucking the kids into bed, straightening the house up one last time, and sitting outside by the fireplace smoking it up, and listening to the nighttime sounds while watching the stars in the sky.

Peace & Happiness.

The only concern I would have about tokin it up after surgery would be the way ANY smoke (weed or other) tends to decrease your blood flow. IMO there is nothing worth jeopardizing the healing of an internal organ.

That being said....it ain't gonna be easy. For me there is nothing more relaxing after a long day of work' date=' tucking the kids into bed, straightening the house up one last time, and sitting outside by the fireplace smoking it up, and listening to the nighttime sounds while watching the stars in the sky.

Peace & Happiness.[/quote']

I really hope there's someone else in the house, not under the influence, for the kids.

Edit* i hope someone is there while your smoking- not saying your a crazy pot head that smokes all day and night.

I have two of the most well adjusted, capable, and amazing children who you could ever hope to meet.

My eldest child is a gifted violinist, in the top .5% of students in her grade level in the country, has already been offered a scholarship to Duke University's gifted student TIP program, is a leader in her class, is already taking college math prep classes, and is going to be auditioning for the Cincinnat School for Creative and Performing Arts next year for music and creative writing (she has already been published in a tween/teen magazine). In addition she is popular amongst her peers, kind and compassionate, and funny as hell.

My youngest is only three years old. She knows all of her colors and numbers in Spanish as well as numerous simple everyday sentences. She is already learning to read and knows all of the phonetic sounds of the alphabet. She is also kind and compassionate, loves nature, plays well with other children, and is showing a strong interest and talent in the piano.

I was a single mother for much of my 12 year old's life. While I do not think that smoking pot had anything to do with how my children are, I think that it does have something to do with how I parent them. I am a laid back, open minded, non-judgmental person. I have always and will always nurture their creativity and own personal uniqueness. The fact that I do not judge people on their own chosen lifestyles and I do not make assumption on people that I do not personally know MAY have something to do with my chosen method of relaxation, but most likely the two just go hand and hand.

So, as far as your hope that my children are not with me unsupervised while asleep in their beds as I am outside in my garden smoking pot.....well, I cannot help the ignorant and self-rightous.

Peace & Love to you.

I really hope there's someone else in the house, not under the influence, for the kids.

Edit* i hope someone is there while your smoking- not saying your a crazy pot head that smokes all day and night.

I have two of the most well adjusted, capable, and amazing children who you could ever hope to meet.

My eldest child is a gifted violinist, in the top .5% of students in her grade level in the country, has already been offered a scholarship to Duke University's gifted student TIP program, is a leader in her class, is already taking college math prep classes, and is going to be auditioning for the Cincinnat School for Creative and Performing Arts next year for music and creative writing (she has already been published in a tween/teen magazine). In addition she is popular amongst her peers, kind and compassionate, and funny as hell.

My youngest is only three years old. She knows all of her colors and numbers in Spanish as well as numerous simple everyday sentences. She is already learning to read and knows all of the phonetic sounds of the alphabet. She is also kind and compassionate, loves nature, plays well with other children, and is showing a strong interest and talent in the piano.

I was a single mother for much of my 12 year old's life. While I do not think that smoking pot had anything to do with how my children are, I think that it does have something to do with how I parent them. I am a laid back, open minded, non-judgmental person. I have always and will always nurture their creativity and own personal uniqueness. The fact that I do not judge people on their own chosen lifestyles and I do not make assumption on people that I do not personally know MAY have something to do with my chosen method of relaxation, but most likely the two just go hand and hand.

So, as far as your hope that my children are not with me unsupervised while asleep in their beds as I am outside in my garden smoking pot.....well, I cannot help the ignorant and self-rightous.

Peace & Love to you.

Listen.. I'm not saying anything about your parenting or the intelligence about your children. I'm talking about the "legal vs illegal" factor. Like I said before.. if its legal in your state, all the power to you. About a year ago my brother in law and his girlfriend had a fight infront of my house and the neighbor called the cops. The cops came and saw he was high as a kite so they check his stuff. Because he had a backpack with a few baggies of weed in MY house, I had CPS called on me and my kids were removed until they tested me and saw I was clean.

Needless to say I'm big on following the law. Your life, your choice. Just letting you know what happened to me so no other mother has to go through seeing there kids being ripped out of their home for NO reason like I did.

I appreciate your concern. Luckily for me I don't have trashy fights in front of my neighbors or associate with people who do. I am sorry you lost your children for a time to Child Protective Services. I would think that should make you even LESS judgmental of people and their choices. I mean, here you are clean and sober and your children were actually taken away from you. And here I am with a little box full of marijuana and a glass bowl, and my home is the ideal place to raise successful and secure children in. Go figure.

Listen.. I'm not saying anything about your parenting or the intelligence about your children. I'm talking about the "legal vs illegal" factor. Like I said before.. if its legal in your state, all the power to you. About a year ago my brother in law and his girlfriend had a fight infront of my house and the neighbor called the cops. The cops came and saw he was high as a kite so they check his stuff. Because he had a backpack with a few baggies of weed in MY house, I had CPS called on me and my kids were removed until they tested me and saw I was clean.

Needless to say I'm big on following the law. Your life, your choice. Just letting you know what happened to me so no other mother has to go through seeing there kids being ripped out of their home for NO reason like I did.

I appreciate your concern. Luckily for me I don't have trashy fights in front of my neighbors or associate with people who do. I am sorry you lost your children for a time to Child Protective Services. I would think that should make you even LESS judgmental of people and their choices. I mean' date=' here you are clean and sober and your children were actually taken away from you. And here I am with a little box full of marijuana and a glass bowl, and my home is the ideal place to raise successful and secure children in. Go figure.

[/quote']

It just goes to show the law is taken seriously here in NY. My home is more then ideal, but I won't go on describing my kids' glorious talents. Not my fault my husbands brother, who we haven't spoken to since, is trash. I kinda married into it. Not going to go back and forth anymore. My comment came from a genuine place. If you don't want to take it as such. Your issue, not mine.

You don't want judgment, then don't post. You want to be free to post? I'm free to judge. I smoked my share while i was an irresponsible teen in high school. But I grew up. Whether or not it should be legal? I say sure, why not. But as long as its illegal, then your being extremely irresponsible. If your in a state it's legal? Then all the power to you. I'd wait a few weeks until you are more healed. But intentionally breaking the law? Not good.

But hey, your life, your choices.

I'm not sure whom you are talking to but here in Colorado it is legal, as well as Washington State. Currently there are 18 states plus D.C. that legalized for medical purposes, with another 11 states with pending legislation. During the economy crisis in 2008, the mmj industry kept our state afloat.

I have done extensive research on the substance, and I use to disagree with it. I wanted to divorce my husband for years ago. However, it's better than any of the medications the doctors give me, that cost tens of thousands a year. ... I have CT Scans and MRIs of the brain showing the brain on no substances, legal substances and illegal substances.

The Brain killers are listed as follows;

#1 Caffeine

#2 Nicotine

#3 Alcohol

#4 Methadone

#5 Amphetamine

Notice how all of those are legal.

Now moving forward,

#6 Cocaine (crack is a by-product of this)

#7 Heroin

#8 LSD/Psilocybin

#9 MDMA

Note that 6-9 use to be legal, some very recently.

Cannabis, through the International Institute in Israel, has been proven to have NO, ZERO, ZILCH negative effects on the brain. The products classified as most dangerous per DEA include Cannabis, Heroin, LSD and MDMA. Why, because the government cannot control us when we use these types of mind expanding products. Heroine received its name from Bayer, and was first advertised as "Bayer Heroin". Yes, the same company that makes Aspirin. Cocaine and Heroin remained legal up into the early 1920s, cannabis until late 1930s. MDMA/LSD until the 1980s.

Obesity is more of a health threat than cannabis is. Sugar is the worst! That’s why we are all here. Along with GMOs, preservatives, HFCS, etc.

So when someone who claims it's bad, I challenge them to look at them their own self. Cause it's likely the people who smoke cigarettes and drink coffee and love Starbucks. I say those people are already missing half a brain (literally) and no longer can think logically.

So, how many people drink soda/coffee and other caffeine products? How about those energy drinks and energy shots. Monster has a class action law suit right now against them for people who drink just one drink and have a massive heart attack. THEY ARE TEENAGERS!!!!! Teenagers are dying from Monster energy drinks. How about smoking? How many people smoke cigarettes here? Or drink alcohol? I can’t even count how many forums I’ve seen people complaining that they want their margarita or a cigarette, or even fast food.

John 8:7 "Anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone. That sentence is often cited as a reminder to avoid judging others when there are faults in your own life that need to be addressed."

Like I said.. If its legal, go for it. That's my only issue. I think it should be legal, but as long as its not, I won't do it.

Peace & Love to you.

I agree with you, but some people must think we "potheads" are lazy and stupid.

I too have two children who are strait A students. One actually was skipped from 7th to 9th and when she begins 10th in August, will also be attending community college. When she graduates HS she will also have an associates degree. My daughter will have a high school diploma and an associates degree 2 months after turning 17.......She has extreme college plans once she is done with HS and her Associates. Oh and she is also in all Honors/ AP classes. Currently being homeschooled. By her pothead parents (hah)

My 7 year old is also a strait A student, and since I've been homeschooling her she has gone from at Kindergartent level to 3rd grade level. Must be all the pot huh? Shes enrolling in the Science, Arts and Technology campus in August.

Oh, and did I mention I'm a 4.0 GPA college student about to finish my undergrad and move into Grad school with highest honors?

Husband is a HEO and Foreman. His company knows he uses mmj, but they don't care cause hes the best at his job, and the most efficient. When they fired/layed everyone off in Dec 2012, they kept him because they knew other companies were looking for him. We have literally had every heavy highway construction company in Colorado call offering my husband a job. Guess weed doesn't hurt him. It gave him life, cured his liver cancer. He was on an transplant list in 2008. By 2009 the doctor told him his cancer was gone, complete remission and to go live life and have fun and that he cannot take credit for "curing" my husband, that something else did. He specifically mentioned God and Cannabis.

It just goes to show the law is taken seriously here in NY. My home is more then ideal, but I won't go on describing my kids' glorious talents. Not my fault my husbands brother, who we haven't spoken to since, is trash. I kinda married into it. Not going to go back and forth anymore. My comment came from a genuine place. If you don't want to take it as such. Your issue, not mine.

I'm sensing a bit of envy here. We are all only victims of our own choices. Not trying to add insult to injury but perhaps you could have been in control of whether or not they came over? Asked them to leave? Kicked his bag out of the house? What drugs was he on? People who use marijuana are passive non-aggressive. Sounds like he was on either crack/coke/meth or even alcohol. I have crap inlaws too, and I've point blank told my husband to make a choice, me and our family or his family. We haven't had a problem for a long time now with them. (the bad ones) not all of the inlaws are bad. I also work in the Social Service field specifically within the GAL. juvenile protection and I've never heard of DHS removing children for someone elses stash. Further, an on-site drug test could have been administered, and if brother in law admitted it was his bag, then his stuff wouldn't be impacting you. If anyone, a minor posession charge which is a misdermeaner could be issued. A traffic ticket is also a misdermeaner. DHS doesn't take children away for misdermeaner charges, and further "a few small baggies" sounds like its less then 25 grams, and is simply a fine.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/new-york-penalties-2

I'm sensing a bit of envy here. We are all only victims of our own choices. Not trying to add insult to injury but perhaps you could have been in control of whether or not they came over? Asked them to leave? Kicked his bag out of the house? What drugs was he on? People who use marijuana are passive non-aggressive. Sounds like he was on either crack/coke/meth or even alcohol. I have crap inlaws too' date=' and I've point blank told my husband to make a choice, me and our family or his family. We haven't had a problem for a long time now with them. (the bad ones) not all of the inlaws are bad. I also work in the Social Service field specifically within the GAL. juvenile protection and I've never heard of DHS removing children for someone elses stash. Further, an on-site drug test could have been administered, and if brother in law admitted it was his bag, then his stuff wouldn't be impacting you. If anyone, a minor posession charge which is a misdermeaner could be issued. A traffic ticket is also a misdermeaner. DHS doesn't take children away for misdermeaner charges, and further "a few small baggies" sounds like its less then 25 grams, and is simply a fine.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/new-york-penalties-2

No envy. I've got a great life. I'm was seriously just being genuine. And weed effects different people differently. He's got anger issues to begin with. And sorry for giving him a chance, after all, it's my husbands brother. I'm not sure what happened to him as far as charges, he was also in trouble for causing a disturbance so I'm not sure how that affected it. My boys were brought to my moms for e night and it was cleared up the next day. I'm not telling you horribly personal things for pity or to feel sorry for myself, I was seriously telling you what happened so people could keep in the back of their mind that it IS possible. I guess this case worker aired on the side of caution? I don't know. My kids are my entire life. My husband works his ass off so I can be a stay at home mom. And I love every minute of it. But whatever, like I said. I was speaking from the heart, not trying to ambush anyone or whatever. Sorry if you took it as something else.