Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abdominal belly band binder brand?

Hi all if you used a belly band/binder can you tell me what brand you bought, was it 9 or 12 inches wide and was it true to the size advertised? I've been looking at them on Amazon and am just not sure what features to go for. Thank you.

Zen,

What are you thinking of having one for? For after your surgery? I had surgery in TJ Mexico, and did not have one. I think it would have irritated my incisions if I had. I did have a drain after my surgery, and it was there for 3 days after surgery. It was a pain in the a** to try to carry around, not have it drop out of my PJ pockets, and try to not have it get in the way when I showered. I can't imagine trying to deal with a binder on top of that! Unless your surgeon says you need one, and I'm not sure why he wouldn't provide you with one if he thinks you need it, then I wouldn't waste your money on one.

Hi Zen, I agree with amy, it would really be uncomfortable to wear after surgery. I was told by my nurse that they didn't recommend those because of the type of surgery I had. So for this surgery you want to be as comfortable as possible to allow you stomach to heal. Hope this helps.

From what I've read from others it can really help with the pain. Search forum to see discussions.

Personally, I didn't have any pain from my incisions, my drain made me uncomfortable, but there was no pain from the incisions. I was given ketorolac pills for pain when I was released from the hospital, and I used those for about 4 days, but I don't know if a compression belt would have helped. Everyone is different. Maybe ask your surgeon? I would just hate to see you spending money on something you don't end up using.

Well, I will chime in here. I was actually given one at the hospital. I was having abdominal pain (incisional) and I had a lot of wpswelling around my largest incision. They told me to wear it for support. I wore it when I was walking and sometimes while I was in bed. I tend to use my abdominal muscles a lot when trying to get in and out of bed and that just aggregated the pain I was having at my incisions. I have continued to use it at home if I was having pain related to activity and it has helped a lot. Mine was 12 inch and kent from under m ybreast down below my belly button. It did feel a bit uncomfortable at first due to all of the swelling but after a few days it was really helpful I thought.