Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on the 7th. The gas pain was the ultimate bi...but now I'm doing better. I get gas when I drink to quickly and the right side where he removed the excess stomach still hurts. My surgeon only wants me to focus on getting my fluids in and then Protein Shakes start on Friday. Trying to keep up with my fluids and Vitamins head hunger does appear throughout the day. My family had pizza last night but the smell made me nauseous.

Today was such a better day! Had to take my son to the dentist, and my mom came with. We took him to McDonalds, oh the smells were torture! Took him back to school then did a little shopping. Was sooo nice to get out and walk someplace other than pacing in my house! I do think i overdid it a little bit as i'm extra sore so going to take some pain meds today. I think i'm starting ( note starting) to get a grip on this head hunger thing, though for some reason i keep looking up recipes on pintrest :blink: . I just wanted to tell everyone to hang in there, this is such a hard and highly emotional time for all of us. But we can do it! when you think of the big picture 3 weeks of liquid really isn't that long, even though it feels like an eternity!! And remember when you are at your wits end, sometimes it's best to just take a nap! Love to all!!

Sleeved today

Congrats! Welcome to the club. I was sleeved last Tuesday.

Hi everyone so I went to the Dr. Today lost 13 pounds I am very excited but I still want real food. But next Wed I get to start my puree food so I am happy about that. But this stage is so hard not being able to have nothing but liquids sucks.. I am so happy that my gas pains are a lot better today and walking n Gas-X really helps.

Sleeved on the 4th which was a week ago yesterday. Weigh in before surgery was 253 and I am at about 235 right now. One night hospital stay and then pain meds for two days. Started sleeping on my side and belly night 3 so I was a lot more comfortable. Gas pains do suck but chewable Gas-X helps. Just chew the hell out of it before swallowing. First three days, no supplements and felt like crap then I started with chewable multi 2X/day and calcium citrate 2X and feel a lot better. Drinking mostly 1/2 Isopure mixed with 1/2 either Gatoraide or Vitamin Water. Also discovered shrimp bullion cubes. Sounds gross but tasted oh so good to me. Drank about 6 ounces in 1/2 hour today and felt beyond full. Bad idea. Went back to work today. Little tired and sore plus my scars didn't feel all that great rubbing against a dress shirt but it wasn't all that bad. Decided that my first meal is going to be a mashed up banana; something thrilling to look forward to. Don't feel hungry at all. Popping Listerine Breath Strips all day. Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Do the breath strips work?? I don't even want to open my around anyone!!!!! Super gross!

What did the doctor say??

Hey I seen my doctor today. My pressure was great ( she checked it twice)! She said it may have been from the anesthesia and pain meds. She was nt too concerned since it happened once. Thanks for being concerned :-)

I was sleeved on the 7th and yes, the first 24 hours sucked so much. I had so much pain and nausea. Its all gone now. No pain, nothing. I am not tired at all. I have more energy than I have had in a long time. I wish I could go back to work already! Those pizza Hut slider commercials though are a form of torture. I can not tell if I am actually hungry or not. Its weird....anyone else?

I drink the protien shots. They are a bit to sweet but I work it out. I am so bloated with this gas. I just want to get through this week. Who said they lost 35 pounds already. WOW. I want that to be me. I lost 8 in the week pre op diet but I gained 10 during the stay at the hopital.

Where do I find this Unjury broth. Does it have protien is that why it good to drink it?

It hurts to sit stand and lay down too. I found a position and took a 2 hour nap. I can't wait to feel better.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Wow!!! I was sleeved on 3/4 and have only lost 8 and that's working with my weight day of surgery till now. I read all these comments of 20-35 pounds so far and I'm like what the heck am I doing wrong. Don't get me wrong a pound a day is good but like everyone I just want it to melt off.

Most people are counting their weight loss from the beginning if their sleeve journey starting usually with their pre pre op diet. For example. I was sleeved march 1 but I started my low fat low carb diet about 1 month before and then did the liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. On surgery day I was down 20 lbs and now another 15.

I've lost 21 pounds so far and I count that weight loss from the first day of the preop diet, Feb 19th. Surgery date March 5th.

I am counting from the first day of my preop diet 2/18. I was sleeved on 3/6. I'm a down a total of 22 pounds. I love this thread!!!!!!! It has helped get me through the last couple of days. Thanks for sharing everyone that has.

My surgeon didn't have me do a pre-op diet. The only liquid day for me was the day before being sleeved on the 5th. My weight day of surgery was 290 and today's weight is 276. So excited !!!!!

Hi everyone. I was sleeved 3/4, went home the next day. No real issues besides the normal gas issues until today. Went to get my staples and drain taken out. Had a bit of trouble with the drain, when they went to pull it out it ripped the incision open more. Didn't feel to good. They ended up having to stitch it up. From the start of my preop diet I'm down 42 lbs. 20 since surgery. And none of my clothes fit anymore but I guess that's a good problem to have ;0)