Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay, NOW I'm panicking...

Ahhhhh my god. I FOUND IT

It was in a zippered pocket of an old purse that was hidden behind a bunch of coats.

tumblr_ls0heig2x31qat88z.gif

There is so much wisdom to be had on this forum.

look in the last place it should be :blink:

So glad to hear it!!! I know tons of people have made it there and back without one, using BC and DL, but my friend wasn't allowed to cross about 2 weeks ago because the agent was really by the book and told her she had to have a passport. I'd be anxious risking it, even with all the people who have been fine. It would so be my luck to end up with the rule stickler guy!!!!

So glad to hear it!!! I know tons of people have made it there and back without one' date=' using BC and DL, but my friend wasn't allowed to cross about 2 weeks ago because the agent was really by the book and told her she had to have a passport. I'd be anxious risking it, even with all the people who have been fine. It would so be my luck to end up with the rule stickler guy!!!![/quote']

What happened to your friend? Were they traveling in a car?

What happened to your friend? Were they traveling in a car?

Yes, she was traveling in a private vehicle. I think part of why it works for surgery patients is that they're in a transport shuttle of some type (I haven't been yet lol). I would assume they would be more thorough with private vehicles, but I just don't want to risk it if I can help it. There were 3 of them and she was the only one without a passport, but they just decided to all go home. They were just going for the day. (I grew up in San Diego, so its an easy day trip) She has since started her passcard application lol. If my passport doesn't come though on schedule, I'll have to go with a BC and ID and assume I'll be fine like everyone else has reported, but I'd rather pay the extra money to be 100% sure since technically, it's not valid for border crossing.

Didn't I tell you it would be in the zippered pocket of a purse? Didn't I? Okay, I'm finished with I told you so. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one who did that. Glad you found it.

Have you checked your car and your place of business?

A drivers license and birth certificate will work only when driving across the border, I think. You need a passport to fly. sleep on it, and maybe tomorrow with a fresh start you can look again.

Those darn zippered pockets! :)

Nice call Lander!

Glad you found it! There's no way I'd go without my passport... It's just not a chance I'm willing to take.

I went to Canada without and I couldn't get back. My husband had to drive up to give it to me. Ugh!

Didn't I tell you it would be in the zippered pocket of a purse? Didn't I? Okay, I'm finished with I told you so. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one who did that. Glad you found it.

You were SO RIGHT.

After you said that I realized there was one purse I'd not checked but I didn't know where it was.... back of the coat closet behind a dozen coats!! And in that zippered pocket... lady, your wisdom knows no bounds! Thank you!