Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went from 245 to 227 in 2 weeks but has not lost in the last 5 days. Has anyone else had a stall in the beginning

My surgeon warned me that there is usually a stall around 3 weeks, and that you may even a couple lbs, but its just your body getting used to everything. Itll pass, don't be discouraged! I hit a 3 week stall but i was so busy moving i barely noticed (thank goodness)

I was sleeved on Feb 19th, the first week I lost 8lbs, this week I lost .8lbs :( I did have a 3 week pre-op diet so I knew a stall might come sooner than later. Thanks to this website I'm not stressing out to much about it, everyone on here says it's normal. I also haven't cheated on my post-op diet. I could up my Water but I get all my Protein in. I think we just have to keep trying, the weight loss will come. :)

8lbs isnt bad though! thats good! think of it another way! 8lbs is more than most newborn babies!! Thats a little more than a lb a day!

I am three weeks out yesterday. And haven't lost since last Monday. Most everyone says its normal. But it does get frustrating. Good luck to you.

My surgery was on jan.24,and i also had a stall,i was told to increase my meals,so i set the timer to remind my self to eat,even if i'm never hungry,and also you can also be losing inches that will not show on the scale, because when i had a stall,i was still getting smaller and it confused me ,also my Dr. told me to only check my weight once a week,and it's hard not to get on the scale everyday lol..and when i increase my meals,than i notice my scale is starting to move again.so hang in there it will start moving again..

Yeah, i have to put my scale away because i was weighing myself waaay too much, and then you don't notice.

I'm having that too. I lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet and now lost an additional 16 for a total of 26th. I was sleeved on 2/19/13 and I feel I hit a stall these past few day.

I've been getting 500-600 caliories, around 60g Protein and I'm suppose to drink 64oz of Water but I have only been able to do that the last 2 days. I've been on liquid the last 2 weeks, today is my first day of purees and I had a hard time tracking calories hopefully I'll do better tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I go back to work tomorrow (light duty) and I'm afraid it will be harder to stay on track.

I am in a 10 day stall. Sleeved on 2/12.

I find comfort in my tape measure.

15 pounds. All within the first like 10 days.

Ahhhh. The dreaded three week stall. Hang in there. Your body is playing catch up Don't change a thing :). You will be losing again real soon