Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year and 8 months out - No longer losing.

I have done very well with my weight loss since my surgery in June of 2011, so please do not think I am complaining. I originally lost 105 lbs and went from a size 28/30 to a size 18/20. In the past 6 months or so I have gained about 15 lbs back and my 18/20's are starting to be uncomfortable. I used to fill up so fast when I would eat, but now not so much. I used to never be hungry, but now am occasionally hungry, especially when I wake up in the mornings. I really want to get that 15 lbs back off and loose an additional 25, but not sure what to do. My normal eating (and I am being totally honest) is a Protein Drink for Breakfast, 2 cups of coffee with Creamer, a Protein drink with trail mix for lunch, another cup coffee with creamer, high protein meal for dinner (about 1 cup of food, maybe a little more). I almost always snack at night on either chips, candy, Cookies or anything in the house that I know I should not eat. I am not exercising and just can't seem to get my butt to do it. I do expect some harsh responses from some of you because I know I am eating stuff I should not, so please be gentle :) I just do not know what I need to change (besides the nightly snacking) to get my weight loss started again. Thanks for any feedback you give.

Sounds to me like you know exactly what you need to do ... try the Nike approach ...

I have done exactly the same thing. I had my surgery june 2011 and lost from 240 to 165 in 7 months. I am really happy at 165 and in a size 8 or 10 so I maintained for about 6 mo or so then started snacking on not so good stuff. At first I didn't gain but then I went up 10 lbs and my clothes were all too tight. On the 12th of this month I cut out sugar and staying below 1000 calories and I've lost 9 lbs already. You can do it! It is really hard at first to break the habit, but that's what it is a habit and once you get back on track you will feel so much better. Let me say I've never done low carb. From the start I've eaten whatever I want just smaller portions but started saving the leftovers and eventually fininshing the whole plate. I have also never exercised, I know, I know i really need to. Any way I think I'll lose another 10-15 just to be under my goal so hopefully I won't be in this place again. I hope this helps. I'm right there with you girl!

What kind of creamer? I've noticed the vary widely in carb count. I like a little coffee with my creamer and noticed that the Walmart store brand has the fewest carbs... Several store brands, actually. Could you be overloading on carbs with a new creamer? Just a thought

You didn't mention anywhere in there you are drinking Water.

Something drill Sargent's say during basic training... or yell rather!

"DRINK WATER!"

And you have to finish one of your canteens and hold it upside down over your head to prove you drank it all.

Water will help!

Cut the coffee to one cup a day and try water when you want another cup!

I understand the late night snacking try measuring out almonds or peanuts in a bag. I measure them out to 1/4 cup... I don't eat them all but they satisfy my urge. Also late in the evening try having a warm (slightly heated) Protein shake. That also helps curb my late night hungers.

Eat yogurt, cheese sticks, or beef Jerky during the day and try incorporating high Protein meals in there for a bit and see if any of this helps.

I wish you the best!

I noticed even some of the sugar free Creamers have partially hydrogenated oils, aka trans fats (even though they're allowed to list 0g). So I have switched to skim milk instead of creamer. At least it has Protein and little sugar comparatively. syrups or Protein Powder can help you change up the flavor :-)

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your successful weight loss and maintainance. I appreciate your honesty and I read that you understand that your late night snacking is probably the culprit. How about eating more solid food during the day, you may feel more satisfied and less likely to snack. I know that it is hard but make a strong committment to do something else at night; walk, shop, read, clean, watch TV, whatever it is keep busy. Clean out your closest of all your fat clothes might keep you determined. How about getting a supporter to email you daily and you can share how you did; tough love only though, they need to keep you on track(and vice versa). You can do this!!!! Summer is just around the corner and so are bikini's!!! :rolleyes:

You could start over....you know...liquids, then purees, then soft foods, then regular food. Maybe the process will help your stomach remember that you've been sleeved.

I just posted a new thread with 13 Ideas to help with your VSG journey. I think there may be tips in there that will help you.

ll the previous posters ideas wiil get you back on track. listen to them.......get rid the junk food. i think if you go back to the beginning as someone already suggested it will get you back on track...how is the restriction?

I was sleeved in August 2011, and from May 2012 to September 2012, I didn't lose any weight. In September, I had a day where I drank a LOT of Water, and the weight came off. During that time that I wasn't losing, I was eating well and exercising regularly. Water made the difference for me.

It really is important that you get that water in. It made a difference for me. I lose weight when I drink at least 64 ounces of water. If I don't drink water, I don't lose no matter what I do.

Carbs also makes a difference for me. I try to keep my diet low.

So my advice: Drink water. Exercise more. Cut carbs.

The first one will probably help make the difference.

Hey hun you can do this! If you do use creamer, don't just keep pouring it in there! Measure out 1tbsp or 2 and put it in that way. If you keep pouring it in you could be consuming more than you think. My advice also? Get some Snacks that are healthier. I have beef Jerky, Pork rinds (zero carbs), and almonds. I also measure out how much I'm going to take and don't get too much. I recently read a study on pubmed that said VSG rats (yeah I know, weird that they were doing VSG on rats haha) on low carb higher fat diets kept off more weight than rats who ate higher carb. I think that's true. I really think a lot of people who are obese are uber carb sensitive. Not everyone, mind you. Obviously there are some people who can handle carbs with ease. But a lot of us can't. Also, start tracking on myfitnesspal. And for exercise, that is so easy. When I'm having a lazy day and not a lot of energy, I'll just get up and start doing push ups or jumping jacks or jump rope exercises during commercials LOL.

I hate Water and always have so I drink sf crush or hawaiian punch. I keep the single packets in my purse and just keep filling my water bottle up all day with water then adding these. The crush is really good, it comes in orange, grape and strawberry and tasted just like an orange crush but sugar free and no carbonation. I do drink coke zero or dr pepper 10 maybe once a day. Oh the only place i can find the crush is dollar general store, one dollar for a box of either 6 or 8 packets i dont remember which.