Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks out today. I started soft food on Friday. I am sick in the head. I am obsessed with eating! It's like the second my sleeve isnt stuffed I am eating something! I've not lost a pound! I lost 12 the first 8 days and nothing the last 6! My daughter left a frozen Dp in the freezer and I even drank/ate that! Other than that I am eating well, just too much! I eat and feel unsatisfied. ...I cant eat more, drink anything, eat something sweet OR smoke! I feel antsy! Gawd, I may need a shrink to shrink! And...where do the tears come from? Not over eating. ...just feel like a teen with whacky hormones/emotions! I am overwhelmed!

Ok mastiff first of put down the doctor pepper??

I think you need to get out of the house.. It sounds like you are just there bored and with boredom comes bad eating for some of us.

And yes a lot of us used to eat until it hurts and

Wait a little while and do it all over again

But you are two weeks out! It can be dangerous

I agree, put it down, you will irritate your stomach...step away from the kitchen!

I agree, put it down, you will irritate your stomach...step away from the kitchen!

I am with these ladies step away for awhile.....go for a walk.... focus on something else.....

Start over tomorrow

You can do this

Plan 3 meals and only eat for 30 minutes very slowly ( u don't have to use the entire 30)

Plan 2 Snacks in between

Plan 64oz of water/ crystal lite etc

Protein drink

After these things ... Nothing else

This will stop it just takes time

It's part of the process

We have to confront a lot in the first 6 weeks

You can do it!

As far as your weight loss is concerned, I saw my doctor Friday and he told me 12 pounds was all he expected of me at three weeks. And it is normal to stall. I had a 10 day stall from day 15 until day 25. My best friend had the sleeve four years ago and she told me the first month she felt like she was a junkie going through withdrawal. She was a wreck. She got through it by exercising. She lost 80 pounds in six months and looks fantastic. If she can do it, you can too. Just think where you can be in 6 months. Find something to do with your hands. Needlepoint or paint. We believe in you.

It's hard to convey tone in a typed message so know the tone isn't hateful or with any malice.. If push away from the table worked for me as advice I'd never had to have this surgery... I guess I was looking for others who struggled with wanting to eat all day after feeling deprived for weeks and will that subside? Are teenage emotions normal? Tearing up at silly commercials, etc...

Why did you do the surgery? For a lifestyle change right? You have to stick with it Mastiff! It would be silly for you to get the surgery and give up so easily because that is what you are doing. What if you gave yourself a leak because of what you are doing to yourself. Think of your family. We are all here because we had an addiction to food, I know I did. You can do this! Focus and keep your head up!

I cried because my husband ordered Puzza one day. I mean it was bad that I even started screaming. It is totally normal having teenage emotions every once in a while. If you are having them daily then that could be the guilt emotions getting to you from not taking this surgery serious. I am not trying to be a b***h in any way but you HAVE to do this for yourself and your family.

It's hard to convey tone in a typed message so know the tone isn't hateful or with any malice.. If push away from the table worked for me as advice I'd never had to have this surgery... I guess I was looking for others who struggled with wanting to eat all day after feeling deprived for weeks and will that subside? Are teenage emotions normal? Tearing up at silly commercials' date=' etc...[/quote']

OMG yes!

I know what you are talking about! it was and sadly still is a struggle for me....

Somedays I feel powerless over my "need" for food.. I know a lot of people will jump in here and say really? "I have no hunger at all" well neither do I b*****s! But I want the comfort still... I'm I working on it? Yes. Is it hard somedays? Yes.

BUT overall it is getting easier to walk away and say I am not hungry and i don't need that.

I'm sorry if you felt judged that was not my intent.

Hang in there the first couple of weeks can be full of a lot of head games.

Laura

I cried because my husband ordered Puzza one day. I mean it was bad that I even started screaming. It is totally normal having teenage emotions every once in a while. If you are having them daily then that could be the guilt emotions getting to you from not taking this surgery serious. I am not trying to be a b***h in any way but you HAVE to do this for yourself and your family.

What the HELL makes you think I am not taking this seriously???? A few days struggle?

I am 2 weeks out today. I started soft food on Friday. I am sick in the head. I am obsessed with eating! It's like the second my sleeve isnt stuffed I am eating something! I've not lost a pound! I lost 12 the first 8 days and nothing the last 6! My daughter left a frozen Dp in the freezer and I even drank/ate that! Other than that I am eating well' date=' just too much! I eat and feel unsatisfied. ...I cant eat more, drink anything, eat something sweet OR smoke! I feel antsy! Gawd, I may need a shrink to shrink! And...where do the tears come from? Not over eating. ...just feel like a teen with whacky hormones/emotions! I am overwhelmed![/quote']

Ok, please take this response coming from a good place. Some of what you are feeling I think is normal. I was not one of the ones who felt no hunger. I was hungry a few days after surgery. Once I started protonix I felt better and it diminished a little. But I do know in the beginning I fought a lot of head hunger. I think for the most part I've dealt with it although I can tell you if I'm in the house and bored the first thing I wanna do is grab somethin to munch on. I make myself get out of the house.

If you feel that desperate maybe seeking some professional help would be a good idea. There is definitely no shame in that! We have put our bodies thru so much and if you need help in the first few months then go for it. Talk to someone about it, god knows you wouldn't be the first. I just worry that if you don't address these issues now you won't be successful long term and you've come too far to not keep going. Good luck! :)

Ok' date=' please take this response coming from a good place. Some of what you are feeling I think is normal. I was not one of the ones who felt no hunger. I was hungry a few days after surgery. Once I started protonix I felt better and it diminished a little. But I do know in the beginning I fought a lot of head hunger. I think for the most part I've dealt with it although I can tell you if I'm in the house and bored the first thing I wanna do is grab somethin to munch on. I make myself get out of the house.

If you feel that desperate maybe seeking some professional help would be a good idea. There is definitely no shame in that! We have put our bodies thru so much and if you need help in the first few months then go for it. Talk to someone about it, god knows you wouldn't be the first. I just worry that if you don't address these issues now you won't be successful long term and you've come too far to not keep going. Good luck! :)[/quote']

Totally get that! I've only been off the liquid diet a few days... Hope it's the newness of it all and a learning curve. I think my surgery center is a great place, but I think I sort of fell through the cracks. I don't even have a goal weight or what they expect me to do (weight loss wise)...

What the HELL makes you think I am not taking this seriously???? A few days struggle?

Because YOU said you are eating too much and drinking frozen soda 2 weeks out. Your body is still healing! You asked for help and if you don't want people's true input then don't post on here. Would you rather people lie to you like a lot of people do? I am sorry that I am honest. Like I said I wasn't being a "B", I was actually looking out for your well being like I would hope someone would do for me.

I think it's prob fairly common and I'm sorry your struggling, be careful u dont want to bust your tummy!!!!!

I'd really recommend speaking to a therapist/counselor--- one who works with bariatric OR eating disorders only ---- professionally speaking it is imperative to try and eat the emotions triggers etc down before true weightloss can happen - I struggle w munchies and wanting something when I should not

Take care of your self and if u do not have iinsurance or can't afford one then an intern can help--- but make sure it is in the eating disorder arena!! Good luck maybe try writing die. Triggers that make I eat want to eat And try to come to the realization that this is something u chose and sonething U Want u want to to do this u gave a choice - a therapist once told me once u realize it it is YOUR Choice...... It's easier to choose not let the emotions control u:)

Sent from my iPhone using VST