Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think your instinct in your original post to seek professional help was right on target.

Your behavior is putting your life at risk.

You did the right thing to reach out to the forum and not hide or internalize your feelings and behaviors, but it sounds extremely serious based on your description and I think you need help beyond what anyone here could recommend.

You can do this - I know with the proper support and professional intervention you will be a VST success story.

Take care!

Totally get that! I've only been off the liquid diet a few days... Hope it's the newness of it all and a learning curve. I think my surgery center is a great place' date=' but I think I sort of fell through the cracks. I don't even have a goal weight or what they expect me to do (weight loss wise)...[/quote']

You are NOT alone in your struggles. I am seven days post op and last night had my breaking point. This liquid diet business is for the damn birds. I have been preparing wonderful smelling meals for my family every evening and making Breakfast burritos for my husband in the mornings. I have found that my sense of smell has become insanely sharp! So making all of these meals has become more intense on a daily basis. Last night I make a taco bake recipe that they love and it filled the house with a wonderful aroma of spices! Yesterday I was discouraged and feeing "low". I slept most of the day, didn't drink much Water and had absolutely no Protein intake! After smelling the food at the end of the day, I was a wreck! I sat down and bawled my eyes out. For hours. I KNOW I did my surgery for a reason, and I KNOW it will get easier.. But that doesn't help the current feeling of being lost and frustrated.

Hang in there. We have all been through the the journey. Everyday is a NEW day! :) however, I do agree with VsgKirk, you may want to meet up with your psychologist or dietitian and review your emotional thoughts/behavior. You don't want to travel down the wrong paths if you can avoid it.

;)

Good luck with everything!

Because YOU said you are eating too much and drinking frozen soda 2 weeks out. Your body is still healing! You asked for help and if you don't want people's true input then don't post on here. Would you rather people lie to you like a lot of people do? I am sorry that I am honest. Like I said I wasn't being a "B"' date=' I was actually looking out for your well being like I would hope someone would do for me.[/quote']

I can take things I don't agree with... Just don't want to be accused of not taking it seriously.. This is a serious surgery and I take it seriously? Giving an opinion doesn't mean questioning ones integrity... Just my opinion. I wish it was like you and never goofed up.

I'm 1 week post op and am having a terrible time too. It's not easy and had my breaking point last night when I ate something that didn't agree with me and I cried all night. You are not alone! I'm sure you are serious enough about this because you, like me and everyone else here, mutilated your body in the hopes of good health. Just try and try to stay on track. The fear of causing a leak or going through all of this for nothing is just enough to keep me pushing through. You can do this!!

I can take things I don't agree with... Just don't want to be accused of not taking it seriously.. This is a serious surgery and I take it seriously? Giving an opinion doesn't mean questioning ones integrity... Just my opinion. I wish it was like you and never goofed up.

Mastiff Mama - you left all that guilt and shame in the biohazard bag with your old stomach. Leave it there!

Do something proactive now. Today. Take control, reach out to a professional and take charge. YOU'VE GOT THIS!

You are just as deserving of success as anyone on here and start really believing that.

You won't be able to ignore your strong impulses to eat bad things, but you can learn to be aware of them and make new choices. I know you can do this!

It's not comfortable, relapsing into guilt and shame is your familiar place. But guess what - the new you is going to feel SO MUCH BETTER!

I know tone is not heard here so I just want to say that my post wasn't meant as its easy just do it. I meant I have faith you can do it because it is hard but we have chosen this path and I know you want it just like we do. It is hard but it can be done. One day at a time. Follow the guidelines. If you mess up... It's ok... Just get back on track

Soon it will be you helping someone else struggling through the early days.

And yes these emotions are normal and hard. I can relate very much.

It will get easier.

Mastiff Mama - you left all that guilt and shame in the biohazard bag with your old stomach. Leave it there!

Do something proactive now. Today. Take control' date=' reach out to a professional and take charge. YOU'VE GOT THIS!

You are just as deserving of success as anyone on here and start really believing that.

You won't be able to ignore your strong impulses to eat bad things, but you can learn to be aware of them and make new choices. I know you can do this!

It's not comfortable, relapsing into guilt and shame is your familiar place. But guess what - the new you is going to feel SO MUCH BETTER![/quote']

Luckily, other than some frozen dp, I've eaten the correct things... Just feels too often . I am not over stuffing... Just feel like I am dipping in too often. Lean turkey, tuna, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, egg and for some reason I've craved chili. Only bread I've eaten was 1/2 a piece of whole wheat toast with my egg. My mastiff loves it... He got the entire half of toast and not just the crust! LOL

Mastiff:

This whole process is difficult, and there are many bumps in the road along the way. I am 14 weeks out and my mind is still focused on food all day long! I'm not sure why I haven't had the "struggles" of wanting sweets, or junk food, but I have still struggled with food being on my mind all the time. I wish I could have larger portions of the foods I can have, and I struggle to find a variety of foods that I can eat that are good for me. On top of that, I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 kiddos ages 4, 2, and 1, so I am cooking and feeding all day long, LOL.

I long for the day when food is not an obsession, or a habit to kick. I know I will get there. This is the beginning of a long road, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I get through each day one day at a time. I think about what led me to where I am, how much I went through just to get this surgery, and all the lives that depend on me to stick around. Those things keep me goingI I know that I will succeed in my journey, and I am already so much happier than I have ever been. I can do things now that I haven't done in years, and there is no food that is worth more than that to me.

Hang in there friend. It will get easier as time goes by. You will see your efforts pay off, and it will motivate you to be strong and make the best choices you can. We are all in this for the long haul!