Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pity party for one

Time to vent and whine. I'm 4 days post op and doing great. But I'm sick of sleeping on my back in a recliner. It's making my hips hurt. My back hurts. This drain is really annoying me. And I am counting down the hours until I can have cottage cheese.

Also getting sick of reading through threads thinking there will be useful information. Only to get to page three and see it dissolve into flirting, sex talk, innuendos of orgies, pointless dribble that they can accomplish through PM rather then hijacking every thread. I get we are all adults. But this is VST. Not sexual function talk... No it isn't my swan song. I'm going to try to help people and look for help here. But just wish the overtly sexual conversations would be in PM and pointless random chatter kept to a minimum. Having fun and keeping it light is all fine and good. But it's really getting old and annoying. Exchange numbers or email or PM. But please stop hijacking all these threads.

Now I'm achy, hungry, on dilaudid, and sleepy. Tomorrow is another day and maybe there will be a new thread with substance.

Wow that sounds horrible... sorry you have been experiencing that kind of talk here! I can say I haven't run into any of that around here.

Thank god!

Hi. I am getting sleeved on the 13th and was wondering if you had experienced much, if any, pain right after the procedure?

That really does sound bad. Have you been hanging out in the right places? Not the Men's and Ladies Rooms because they are too much!

Hi. I am getting sleeved on the 13th and was wondering if you had experienced much' date=' if any, pain right after the procedure?[/quote']

I had some pain. But I was put on pain meds and anti nausea right away. It wasn't horrible pain. But wasn't pain free. My doc had an on-q pain pump that pumped numbing medication in my belly and that helped. Worst part was the gas pain. That and coughing. Everyone is different, but the discomfort is close to gall bladder surgery. If pain is a big concern talk to the anesthesiologist about it. They can be better prepared to handle post op pain if there is any. But I was on dilaudid every 4 hours. At 4 days out I'm down to 5mg oxy every six hours.

Hi. I am getting sleeved on the 13th and was wondering if you had experienced much' date=' if any, pain right after the procedure?[/quote']

I didn't experience any pain bad enough to need strong pain killers. By day 3 I was not having anything at all.

Woohoo I wish I lived in Australia! My doc said no to dilaudid. I agree with you on the sexual crap! Go to a different sight for goodness sake. There are plenty of sites for that. This is a place for information and support.

Woohoo I wish I lived in Australia! My doc said no to dilaudid. I agree with you on the sexual crap! Go to a different sight for goodness sake. There are plenty of sites for that. This is a place for information and support.

I think it's more about how this surgery affects the individual rather than where you live. Some people experience a lot of pain and some have very little.

Time to vent and whine. I'm 4 days post op and doing great. But I'm sick of sleeping on my back in a recliner. It's making my hips hurt. My back hurts. This drain is really annoying me. And I am counting down the hours until I can have cottage cheese.

Also getting sick of reading through threads thinking there will be useful information. Only to get to page three and see it dissolve into flirting, sex talk, innuendos of orgies, pointless dribble that they can accomplish through PM rather then hijacking every thread. I get we are all adults. But this is VST. Not sexual function talk... No it isn't my swan song. I'm going to try to help people and look for help here. But just wish the overtly sexual conversations would be in PM and pointless random chatter kept to a minimum. Having fun and keeping it light is all fine and good. But it's really getting old and annoying. Exchange numbers or email or PM. But please stop hijacking all these threads.

Now I'm achy, hungry, on dilaudid, and sleepy. Tomorrow is another day and maybe there will be a new thread with substance.

Awe, hopefully it will get better. Unfortunately this thread will probably get jacked too. :(

I understand how you feel but hang in there. It does get better. I too slept in my recliner the first 4 days and was so happy to be able to crawl into my bed. I am 19 days out and can tell you it does get better! And just think of the results :)

I hear you. I was very tired of sleeping upright as well. I actually tried to go lay down several times but that was even more uncomfortable.

As for threads going into the toilet, I don't know what to say about that. There are a handful of members I can think of that seem to love their reputation for coming onto threads and making comments that don't really pertain to much of anything and are certainly not useful in any way and take it from there. Next think I know, I have 35 new reply notifications, 33 of which are two or three people hijacking with pretty harmless but nonetheless obnoxious non sequitur banter like it's cute or something... I don't know. In my opinion, that is what the chat room is for, and that should be kept to the chats, not the threads.

I hate that. I don't know if it's really against the rules or not so I have never done this but I consider using the "report" option from time to time, but I suppose I should find out if it's against the TOS first.

For me, I don't have a problem with people talking about the sexual topics but I DO think that is when its important to post it in the right place. the "mens room" and the "powder room" or whatever they are called - if it's in those forum threads, I have zero problem with that, and the moderators back that stance up because it has been called into question before, but when its in the more general forums I don't think the quality of information is as good, and it's just not really the place.

I am on day 12. Just now sleeping on my side. As for pain. I was a self pay and optioned to spend night in hospital. Glad I did. The pain from gas. Was Horrible !!! I was not expecting that. And it took about 5 days for it to be gone. The incisions hurt way less than the gas

My gas pain is finally gone. But a sneeze snuck up on me before I could get my pillow to soften the blow. OMG!!!! I thought my tummy had split open!!! I finally slept in my bed last night. I was wedged between two body pillows so I wouldn't move. :-) But I did it!!!!

Unfortunately I don't think it is a violation of TOS. But it is lacking in common courtesy. I agree the chat room would be better served for a lot of the random drivel. But can't force them to use it. I just try not to comment on threads that have been hijacked.

I was pretty miserable when I wrote the post. And I was looking for some info at the time. But it seemed that I just kept finding hijacked threads and had enough. Each day is getting better. But man did I need my pity for one.

As for threads going into the toilet' date=' I don't know what to say about that. There are a handful of members I can think of that seem to love their reputation for coming onto threads and making comments that don't really pertain to much of anything and are certainly not useful in any way and take it from there.

[/quote']

Agreed. What's even more unfortunate is that the vets give these frivolous posts a 'like' which further encourages this behavior.