Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost a year out, getting complacent!

My name is Lauren and I had the sleeve done in April 2012. So far I've lost 152 lbs. I started at 414, which was a horrifying number to me to even look at. Have had no problems after surgery and have not once gotten sick. Lately because I feel like I have no restrictions, and after the holidays I'm finding it hard to get back on track. I used to be really disciplined and was eating every 2-3 hrs and was making sure I got all my Protein. Now I find myself reaching those choices that I know I shouldn't have. Anyone else having these same issues, I just feel like I'm too comfortable and I need to get back on track and lose these last 40lbs! I've tried support groups in my area but it's mainly pre-opp patients so I don't feel like I've gotten any advice/support from fellow sleevers.

Hang in there! You have to remember daily why you chose to do this! Put pictures up and inspirational quotes and if you reach for something go healthy

Just remember why u began this journey & pretend tomorrow is day one..you know what to do! Good luck!

152 pounds! Wow, that's great! I have every faith in you that you can lose that last 40!

Thanks so much. I've never really been tested like this ever before in my life. I know how strong of a person I am because when you go through something as life changing as this you have to reach deep down inside you and see what your made of. Tomorrow is a new day!

152 pounds is fantastic. As for being complacent, I can understand that because probably for most of this year you have been at it pretty hard. Sometimes I think its important to know when to take a break. Maybe you need to take three months and focus on something else while maintaining. If you do this, you need to make sure to continue to weigh in because gaining weight is really REALLY something you do NOT want to do. Clearly, you still have weight to lose, and you can't lose sight of that, whatever you do.

I think accountability is a big factor...perhaps just staying on this board and keeping us all updated with your progress and even the bumps in the road will help...in other words, we will be your monitors! :)

It is nice to have people to be accountable too, and read and talk to people that know what your going through. I feel like nov-today has been my 3 month break and I need to get back on track. I weight recently and gained 5lbs and it was the worst feeling ever, like I felt like I let myself down. But yet, still that wasn't enough of a wake up call to get my butt back on track. I go see my surgeon Monday for a check up and I'm going to have to face reality and confess to him that I have hit a plateau. I feel like it's normal, but at the same time it's hard not to be hard on yourself.

Wow! 152# that is awesome. You don't have far to go, and you have what so many others don't have. Your special tool:) just remember how hard it was to lose weight before WLS. Now use your tool and get back on track! You've come this far, you can do it!

152 lbs is wonderful!

I recommend joining the WL Challenges, such as the thread about April Fools Day Weight. Set something achievable and stop in every week to post your weight.

Clear out the cupboard NOW. Get rid of the food that's causing issues and stock up on something you like that's good for you. Steak, costco roast chicken, and fresh fish are some of the Protein treat foods for me.

Sometimes, I plan my meals a day in advance and have them all made up and waiting. That helps me stay on track because I just take it out and heat it at mealtime.

Plan a treat for yourself that doesn't involve food. Get an immediate treat just for posting and committing to getting back on track. Get another for making it a day or a week.

Think about the worst times of day for going off track and plan how you will beat that. For me, it's after dinner. I have to have fun things to do in the evening and a few low calorie Snacks on hand.

You are worth it!

Lynda

My name is Lauren and I had the sleeve done in April 2012. So far I've lost 152 lbs. I started at 414' date=' which was a horrifying number to me to even look at. Have had no problems after surgery and have not once gotten sick. Lately because I feel like I have no restrictions, and after the holidays I'm finding it hard to get back on track. I used to be really disciplined and was eating every 2-3 hrs and was making sure I got all my Protein. Now I find myself reaching those choices that I know I shouldn't have. Anyone else having these same issues, I just feel like I'm too comfortable and I need to get back on track and lose these last 40lbs! I've tried support groups in my area but it's mainly pre-opp patients so I don't feel like I've gotten any advice/support from fellow sleevers.[/quote']

I'm with. U!! I was sleaved in may. Starty

@418 and now. Down 150lbs I to struggle. With. Poor choices. I started diva bootcamp I found. On her it helped back. To basics no demon carbs!!!!!!!! That's what got me during. And after. Holidays keep. Up the good work I love. Seeing. People. Like. Me on here. That started. Out the same. Size. As me it help s to no I'm not. Alone

Thanks y'all for all the great recommendations. Its so nice to talk to people who know what your going through!!!