Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just want to update my story. I'm almost 7 weeks out and am doing well. I've not had any buyer's remorse (which I'm shocked at...could be that I was prepared by having had a band for 4 years???). I've not really had any problems getting liquids/foods down. Now getting my Protein in is a challenge. I just bought more shakes a few days ago and until then have avoided all Protein Shakes since my 3 week liquid diet. Just the smell of them were making me sick! But they are going down very easy now. I have been in basically a stall (except for may 4-5 pounds) for the last 3 weeks, but I do know that it is my fault for not getting the protein/calories that I need. Beginning with this past Monday I've been trying to eat every two hours even if it's just a few bites of greek yogurt, a stick of cheese or a slice of deli meat. I have been out to eat several times and nearly EVERY time I have symptoms of what I can only describe as dumping...now I thought being a sleever we wouldn't have dumping syndrome but I can attest that each time after eating out I feel sweaty, nauseous and nearly ready to pass out. Sometimes it passes after a few moments, other times I have to keep it together until I can get out of there. I just told my hubby last night we're going to have to stop going out. And all I'm doing is eating a few bites off of an appetizer and a few bites of whatever he has. Now after researching here, it seems like more people are in fact getting these same symptoms. Mine seems to be related to fat as opposed to sugars though. But the good news is that I'm down nearly 30 pounds in 6.5 weeks--most were lost during the first 3 weeks though (I will know an exact amount at my follow-up appointment on Monday). I feel good and I'm hoping to fit into my summer clothes for my Las Vegas trip in a couple weeks....I had outgrown EVERYTHING summer that I had. :( I've started running/walking a few times a week and hope that as the weather gets nicer I can add in another walk during my lunch hour at work rather than sitting and eating at my desk everyday. I work in Washington, DC so I have no problem finding new routes everyday.

I'll try to post here at least once a month to keep others updated and especially for other band to sleevers looking to read about other's progress.

My full band to sleeve story: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/34812-band-to-sleeve/

Here is a comparison pic of before and after...the before pic is really bad so....

Crys Jan2013/Mar2013