Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smoking,// can u use the patch 2 Quite?

I cant believe u have 2 stop smoking, 2 get the sleeve!!! that is really hard!! has any1 done it?? my BMI is 40 now, it

will go up now if i have 2 really Quite.. Wow i just cant believe it.. well my kids have always wanted me 2 Quite i guess

ill have 2, 2 get it done... is using the patch ok????

Tonight before bed is my last cigarette. Smoke free as of tomorrow. Going cold turkey. As far as I know of you have to be nicotine free. The patch contains nicotine. Good luck.

I quit smoking 1/6/13...cold turkey. I did it because of 2 reasons...smoking is bad and nasty and I want this surgery! For the 1st 3 weeks it was like breaking up with a boyfriend....u know he's no good for u but u can't stop Thinking about him. Lol :-P

But that phase passed and I am still smoke free and loving it!! I still miss it sometimes but I know my purpose for getting sleeved is to be a healthier me and that can't happen with a cigarette in my mouth!!! I got my best friend to quit too...it's been 1 month for her. We both smoked for about 20 years.

No regrets and didn't gain any weight. I traded my pack of cigarettes for stalks of celery!!

I'm in the process of quitting. My doc actually does a nicotine blood check so no room to cheat. I am using Chantix - luckily my insurance covers it 100%. Seems to actually be working - much to my surprise.

Next week will be the true test. One side effect is talking in my sleep which caused my husband to get mad one night because he thought I was awake and speaking to him and I have NO memory whatsoever. He's a good man and takes it in humor and won't let me do anything stupid.

thanks girls,, i guess i need 2 hear it.. i only have 1 pack n that will b my last 1!!!

yes i tryed Chantix 1 yr ago,,had alot of dreams,, but ill c if i can get it again..

i want my sleeve that bad,, ill do it somehow,, it will b worth it..

I quit 2 weeks ago, I used a combination of the patch and lozenges!! I was sleeved today and surgeon said quit as possible

Pre-op here, aiming for a May surgery. I haven't had a cigarette in 5 weeks -- oh wait it will be 6 weeks tomorrow! yay! I used the gum, and now I barely want that anymore. The key for me was my husband had to quit too. I knew if I was around cigarettes I would want one -- that's been my experience in the past when I tried quitting & he didn't. It's actually been easier than I had thought this time; I was way past ready. Now I'm actually enjoying not smoking! I love that I don't smell anymore! LOL. And c'mon seriously....it is SOOOOO bad for your body. And it's expensive! I smoked for 26 years (yes I started young) and I'd hate to think of all the money I spent and KEPT spending even as the price went up (in Hawaii it's like $9 a pack now!), All just so I could poison my lungs and make myself an outcast of society LOL! Pretty stupid.

Oh sh*t I don't want to be one of those self righteous former smokers. I know it's hard. That's why it's called an addiction.

I was saying in another thread yesterday, the crazy thing is I keep dreaming that I'm smoking! But each time, in my dream, I light up without even thinking about it and then am horrified by what I've done! In my dream the other night I was lamenting "oh crap now I've gotta start all over again!"

I quit in December. My surgery is on March 19th. It is possible. I quit cold turkey and yes i get urges especially when co-workers ask if i want to step out with them. You can do if you set your mind to it. B)

I quit 3 days before surgery.. Ashamed of it! However... I cannot stand the smell of it on anyone... Hubby goes outside... Then has to febreeze himself!

I cant believe u have 2 stop smoking' date=' 2 get the sleeve!!! that is really hard!! has any1 done it?? my BMI is 40 now, it

will go up now if i have 2 really Quite.. Wow i just cant believe it.. well my kids have always wanted me 2 Quite i guess

ill have 2, 2 get it done... is using the patch ok????[/quote']

Hi there I'm preop I used the patch 2 wks after I reduced cigs from 10-20 a day to 5-7 a day. I used Patches for a little over 2 wks and took myself off of them because i hate how they felt on my arm and I've been smoke free since 11/9/12. Also my surgeon does blood nicotine test. That's how bad I wanted to get this surgery. Sadly I gained 10 lbs since I stopped, so now I just need to meet my surgery wt goal and can finally get a date. Hope this helps! Its hard but you can do anything you put your mind to. Best of luck to you!

Lota

Sent from my DROID using VST

thanks again,, 4 all the posts n help!!! im going 2 try it n c..i dont c my Dr. till 3/20/2013,but i want

this sleeve that much n if my BMI goes up well that only helps get me approved i guess..

I quit in December got my February Surgery. With the coughing I did after the tube came out and clearing my lungs after surgery I don't know how I would have done it if I still smoked. I used the level three Patches for two weeks to get me over the hump and then stopped. Three months smoke free..I wanted the sleeve more.

I cant believe u have 2 stop smoking' date=' 2 get the sleeve!!! that is really hard!! has any1 done it?? my BMI is 40 now, it

ill have 2, 2 get it done... is using the patch ok????[/quote']

I did it its been 2 weeks today. It hasbt been easy and i have been quite grumpy. I know this might sound craZy but i think i will smoke again after the surgery

I have been try quit for 72 hours for pre- op blood work and smoke about one cig a day on chantix have to quit when I start liquid diet on wed for good but that one cig gets me over the edge bit they told me they will also test day of surgery and if there is tobacco he will cancel surgery :/;

Y'all hang in there and stick with pre-op diet; I'm a nurse and know why u the doctors have u do it; my prayers are with y'all march sleevers and I'm praying for myself we can do this for a new life :)