Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm officially scheduled for March 18th at Duke hospital down here in NC! I'm super excited about this journey we're all taking and the awesomeness of this forum. How else can we learn from people who actually get it? At any rate, I look forward to all of us making this month be OUR month! :D

I'm March 18 too. I'm in Louisiana. Are you on a preop diet? I started mine yesterday... Ugh! My last unassisted diet!

Is it bad that I'm kinda envious that you have a pre-op diet? My doctor doesn't really do them "unless needed" so at most I assume that I'll be on liquids the day before. I don't even have my pre-op until the 12th. How can I stress out if I have to wait that long? lol

I kinda started today on my own modified one called "try desparately to see what kind of Protein shake I can stomach!" And speaking of, are you able to get them down? I'm holding hope that the taste buds change after the surgery like so many say they do.

Too funny, wanna switch? I don't like the powders. The best I've found are the pre mixed ones at Sam's club called "premier protein"-not great, but tolerable. I just hate the artificial sweetener taste.

Nah, s'okay. I'm enjoying my last carrot sticks for the forseeable future! ;) Have you tried the Isopure powders from Nature's Best? You can get them online cheaper but you can find it at GNC. It's surprisingly not that bad! At least, I can drink the vanilla flavored one if I mix it with almond milk. lol I don't notice an aftertaste but it's...bland.

Good luck with the shakes! I'm going to pick up some of the one you use after work today and try that as well.

Good luck tomorrow... Here we go!

Are we all ready?? I'm so stoked!! surgery time in at 9:30 am.. counting down and well wishes to all going in today.. we can do this!

On the way there, thirsty...

All done, surgery went well. I threw up once in the middle of the night. They gave me some anti nausea meds and I'm better now. Hopefully going home today...

I'm all done too! Had some trouble with pain management but that was eventually taken care of and I went home yesterday! Totally wish I had just one more day there....

Made it back home today.. not much pain except in one incision and no pain meds so far!! i'm tolerating liquids well and even getting some walking in here and there.. but that first nap after i got home...BEST EVER!!!!

Great! I'm all rested too... Today was the first day of Protein Shakes. It took 3 hours but I finished a Premier Protein shake with 30 grams. I am starting to feel normal again - I even ran an errand! How's everyone else?

Surgery date 3-19-13. Having a good day today started Protein Shakes today I'm about 1/2 way through my first one. Walking when I can and no pain so far

Y'all are already on Protein Shakes? ? I'm not there till next week or so... but i feel good except for that one spot when i sneeze or cough.. walked today. Felt good!

Not sure where to start, but here goes. Sleeved on March 18, home from hospital. Started full liquids today. I really am not having any problems at all. Love my Protein shakes, making homemade chicken broth, and also eating Jello, pudding, fudge pops, tea, supplements. I lost 10 pounds on my pre-surgery diet. Came home from the hospital 5 pounds up but now I'm down three. Looking forward to starting to lose again.

I'm stopping pain meds tomorrow and starting walking. Overdid it yesterday when new fridge was delivered, and was all sore inside. Rested today and grateful that I feel better today. This was the easiest abdominal surgery I've ever had!

Can anyone tell me what the average weight loss is per week in the beginning?

Bernadette