Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories - Getting Them In Without Guilt

I started regular foods last week and I am struggling with eating all of my recommended calories (1000-1200/day).

Here is a sample of my diet (710ish total calories):

Breakfast: Protein Shake (160 calories)

Snack: cheese Stick (60 Calories)

Lunch: Turkey and Cheese Stick (160 calories)

Snack: Yogurt (80 calories)

Dinner: Chili or Fish (250)

Snack: Beef Jerky (80)

If I eat more than this, I freak out and think I am overeating. Today I was at an offsite meeting and had a 1/4 of a bagel as a snack and a Fresco chicken taco from Taco Bell, I felt so guilty about it because it wasn't on 'the plan.' Does anyone else do this to themselves? I am also currently in a stall, I know it will pass, but it certainly doesn't help with my feelings about thinking I am overeating! *Sigh* I am also afraid to try new things and am trying to just stick with Protein rich things...I am driving myself crazy with the same food all the time though.

Interested in your feedback!

I eat 1100 calories a day eating Protein is no problem but u got to avoid carbs mostly everything u eat got carbs but bagel is straight carbs so I would avoid it also at taco time I would avoid the wrap just eat the filling .

I would avoid the carbs too until you are ready for maintenance. I have been keeping my calories at 800 or less and carbs around 20 grams or less. I also make sure Im getting in 100 grams of Protein and 100 ozs of Water because I do exercise daily. My weight loss has been pretty steady sincce I started following these limits.

I was, but then I ended up getting really sick earlier this month. I literally didn't eat for 3 days, and getting in liquid was extremely difficult. When I finally could eat, my sleeve was so banged up that I couldn't really eat anything and my normal go-to items (shakes, bars, meat, etc.) was just not happening. I fretted and worried and freaked out and then I had to accept that I could either eat what I could eat or I could just... not eat, which wasn't an option.

As long as I'm adhering to my plan and my needs most of the time, I'm not going to let my enjoyment of something once a week or once a month ruin me. I've done scandalous things like eat crackers (mmm, wheat thins) and I even had some ice cream (it was overrated... I put it down and had turkey pepperoni >.>). Even if I have a 1000 calorie day, that's way less than I need. I had this surgery to help me lose weight, but also to help me develop a more healthy relationship with food, something I can't do if I beat myself up every time I eat more than 800 calories a day.

@Karen, is that 20 gr carbs a meal or per day? Sorry for the stupid ?'s I should know this stuff. I was sleeved on 2/19 but the NUT I saw prior to surgery well lets just say I knew less coming out of her office then I did going in. My surgery was a week ago today and im still only doing broth, pop-cycles, Decaf teas, Crystal light. I have tried a scrambled egg a couple times & my tummy did not like that so I will wait a while longer. Now that im going into week 2 I have no clue what to add but I know I need to start getting in my Protein. I know I need 64+oz of Fluid and will start trying for 40g protein but other than that i'm clueless as to how many calories, carbs, all the other things I need. Then read on here today that a few people's Dr's are saying 3 meals only a day no Snacks, if this is the case im in big trouble. Sorry for my rant im just a bit frustrated, I was trying to be "prepared" but doesn't look like with my NUT I even have a clue. Thanks for letting me vent :}