Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree phase dread

I was sleaved on 2/15/13 all is going great. I have one issue don't know if I handle puree phase. I'm very visual person and I just don't think I can do it, any ideas?

I did refried Beans a lot which helped as well as a little bit of mashed taters even though i felt really guilty about all the carbs. Just keep pushing forward and before you know it you will be on soft foods!!

I had a hard time with the thought of that too! When I talked to my nutritionist I said that would probably just do meat only baby foods. Well I bought one..and lets just say the dog had a good dinner :)

But at the point I got to purées I was really hungry for something warm and savory..

So I bit the bullet and got some roasted chicken some watered down gravy and blended. Yeah it looked gross but guess what it was warm and comforting. I also did turkey meatloaf, gravy, and watery instant mashed potatoes together. Again good.

Some people don't purée and say they just chew Chew chew. But I wanted to stick to what my doctor ordered me to do.

Good luck to you,

Laura

Other things

Hummus

Liverwurst /pâté / deviled ham

Malt o meal

Beans

I didnt to the pureed stuff. I just stuck with creamed Soups, refried Beans, and other really soft stuff. eventually I did do some tuna during the pureed phase, just chewed the holy hell out of it.

oh and egg salad! that was a welcome treat!

I just started, I am thinking chicken salad, egg salad, eggs, Soups. Tonight I made some hamburg and baked it. Not bad. eggs, onions, bread crumbs and bar b q sauce then baked it, was mushy cuz of sauce. I also made potatoes and mashed some. I dont like yogurt but you can have that. I also make tofu patties, very soft and good for you. Do you like cootage cheese?

Tofu Patties

Tofu

eggs

veggies(whatever you want)

relish(if you like it)

Bake them at 400 drgrees.

They disappear in my house.

Good Luck

thanks so much, I think I'm gonna attempt the chew like there is no tomorrow method.

Thanks everyone. I start the puréed stage in a week and am also a visual person. I'll try a few blended things but am thinking ill be eating a lot of eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, refried Beans and mashed cauliflower.

I'll let you know how it goes for me, I start tomorrow!

I am on the purée stage right now, and I can't do it. I've been sticking to eggs, refried Beans, and other soft stuff. I tried one thing puréed and I couldn't get past the first spoonful. It just looked to gross to eat. And it tasted nothing like it usually does. But thankfully to this site I've found lots of soft things and some great recipes for food I can eat.

I am on the purée stage right now' date=' and I can't do it. I've been sticking to eggs, refried Beans,and other soft stuff. I tried one thing puréed and I couldn't get past the first spoonful. It just looked to gross to eat. And it tasted nothing like it usually does. But thankfully to this site I've found lots of soft things and some great recipes for food I can eat.[/quote']

Dude I must of been a pig then! Because trust me I puréed and ate meat and gravy :P

I was hungry!!

The tofu patties do stick together and even more after they bake. Tonight I tried black bean Soup that I pureed. I must say it was good and filling. I also put lots of veggies in it for Fiber. For lunch applesauce with cottage cheese. Alos bought canned crabmeat which is very soft--didnt care for that but you all may like it. Hang in there! I find I am hungry every few hours. Not like before surgery but it is hunger. I thought I wouldnt be hungry.

You can get any Soup and puree that to. Maybe some taco meat. tuna is great with a little may and Pickle Juice. Www.eggface.com has some great recipes for the puree stage and softfoods to. Goodluck you will do great :-D

I am on the purée stage right now' date=' and I can't do it. I've been sticking to eggs, refried Beans,and other soft stuff. I tried one thing puréed and I couldn't get past the first spoonful. It just looked to gross to eat. And it tasted nothing like it usually does. But thankfully to this site I've found lots of soft things and some great recipes for food I can eat.[/quote']

How much can you eat at a time? Are u 3 weeeksmout?

Soup puree I can do, thats a great one. Thanks