Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colds suck.

I hate being sick. I had appointments with all my doctors last week to talk to them about having surgery and to get letters from them. Three appointments in three days. Tuesday, I drove 3 1/2 hours home in order to see my PCP on Wednesday. Wednesday, I had my appointment and drove 3 1/2 hours back to my apartment in Kentucky. On Thursday I had an appointment in Lexington, KY to talk to my endocrinologist, after which I drove 3 1/2 hours home again because my PCP wanted me to get fasting blood work done on Friday morning. On Friday, I had blood drawn and then drove 1 hour to Knoxville, TN to see the nurse practitioner that ran my weight loss program and then drove 2 1/2 hours back to Kentucky. All of this while balancing my own graduate classes and teaching. I was in perfect health before this. Now I have the cold from hell.

:faint:

I'm just getting over a 3 weeker, still got that aggrivating tickle in the throat that makes ya clear your throat every 30 seconds.

Hope you feel better soon.

If this is a contest, I win. I have a husband with a cold. Nothing is worse than being stuck in the house with a sick husband. God, they are such babies!

laurend can you get a PCP that is closer to your home? Or use the schools health center?
I don't even really see my PCP anymore, since he basically failed to diagnose my PCOS when he should have (I was on Accutane for acne and not responding - clear indicator of metabolic issues). I just had to see him last week so that he could write a letter to my surgeon for me, since I had seen him for about 5-6 years. If I get sick, I usually either tough it out or go to the university health center.

I gotta recommend airborne to you all. As an RN I am exposed to some nasty virus/bacterial illnesses. 2 years ago I started taking airborne (or the cvs brand) whenever I'm exposed to something, and I have yet to be sick.

Despite sick patients coughing or sneezing right in my face (love that), sick children at home and yep Carlene...the worst patient of all... the sick husband... I've managed to avoid any type of cold/flu. I swear by it after last winter when all the girls at work were dropping like flies with a horrible head and chest cold that lasted up to 3 weeks...I took airborne a couple of times a day during that time and I'm the only one on the unit that didn't get it! Another nurse started taking it after talking to me, and the bout she already had of that cold wasn't nearly as bad, and only lasted 2 days.

I keep it on hand at all times now... the cost of the cvs brand is like $5 and well worth it considering I don't miss work, or have to buy cold medicines. I don't miss the drippy nose, sore throat, cough or chest pain either.

Thanks a bunch. I will get some of this stuff because the students are always coming up to me, sneezing, and telling me they are sick. I was sick for 3 whole weeks with some sort of crud this fall and I will get sick again in the spring. Actually I think mine is allergies that turn into the mother of all sinus and bronchial infections, but I was really sick, and missed a whole week of school. I always get this itching in my mouth and then, bam, I'm down for a week. :) I will try some of this stuff this spring to try to avoid the bi-annual sick week. I hope everyone improves soon.

My daughter had a sore throat and then I started with a runny nose/sneezing, etc. We immediately took Zicam (the ones that melt in your mouth) and it has seriously diminished the symptoms in me. After 2 days, I don't have these symptoms. My daughter still has a slight sore throat. I am very much a skeptic about most things. However, a few years back when the Zicam's came out, we were going snow skiing. Of course, we caught colds. I decided to purchase this over-the-counter product to save the trip from misery...Anyway, it didn't/doesn't cure the cold but for us has decreased the severity. (5 days instead of 10)

First sign of a cold I take this. No guarantees that it will work for you, but it's worth a try. You have to take it like every 3 hours on first onset of symtoms.

Shawn

was soooo sick--started w/tickle in throat--after 10 days i got zithromax--not a good reaction--had to be unfilled and get a stomach xray--thought i coughed my band loose--all is ok--but irrittion was only releived by unfill and when better a refill--couldn't even swallow water--lost 12 lbs in one week.....great now...never waiting to get meds again!! hope everyone has a healthy and happy turkey day....

I'm gonna give another ;) to Airbourne. Other than this recent sinus infection that I've somehow contracted, Airbourne has really been a blessing. It has either kept me from getting sick at all or significantly reduced the length and severity of my symptoms. I highly recommend it. I've even tried the night time one. It's like hot apple cider. :P

I have a terrible cold right now (week 2). Coughing up a lung at any moment. My husband also got the sickness this week (Uggh). I can only hope it goes away soon.