Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help please

I just posted this in the Aussie room and thought I'd ask here as well to get a wider and hopefully more help

Hi guys, I need some help please.

I had two weird "attacks" last night, first one about 8 and lasted around 10 minutes, then second about 10 that lasted nearly an hour. Had the ambulance here, I thought I was gonna die.

Both times it happened within 10 minutes of me eating. I haven't had any previous problems.

The pain started dull in my stomach them progressed until I was doubled over and I was screaming. I couldn't help it and I'm not a wuss, I can usually handle pain quite well. The pain went right across my stomach and then up under my right ribs, it was difficult to breathe and it was the same whether I layed down, walked or stood up. I was scared as I thought it may have something to so with my Gall but because the pain wasn't present when the ambo'a arrived, they couldn't help me. Also I noticed that last time after the pain subsided, which was quite quick, I kept bringing up thick saliva.

I am going to my GP this morning, I am very scared to eat now though, I am sipping on drinks and trying to build up the courage to have a Protein shake, does anyone have any ideA what this may be? I wasn't sure but thought I'd read Puppyphat had problems recently and wondered if they were at all similar?

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help me out. And YES I am going to Dr this morning but any ideas I may be nle to give her would be helpful as she is just a GP

Ta

Jen

Please note that if you are in severe pain and particularly if your attack symptoms are accompanied by fever DO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY.

The following symptoms are typical of a gallbladder attack.

Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage

Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic)

Nausea Queasiness Vomiting Gas Burping or belching Attacks

are often at night Attacks

often occur after overeating

Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease

Pain may be worse with deep inhalation Attacks can last from 15 minutes to an several hours

Thank you Laura, I'm really hoping its not my gall, but if that's the case I guess another hospital stay may be in order soon. I will ask my GP to look at this this morning.

Jen

Thanks heaps Laura, I really appreciate your input. I'll post again when I've been to the Dr this morning

Jen

PS in your opinion do you think I'd be ok drinking a Protein Shake, I just don't want to eat anything in case that pain comes back?

Thanks again, I'll give it a go :-)

What kind if Protein shake do you drink?

I ask because whole milk may not be good

But I'm sure if your using milk it's low fat..

I am using unsweetened almond milk for my shakes and low fat milk if I have a cup of tea. On to my second Protein Shake of the day now as I am still scared to eat food at this stage.

Went to see Doc and she agrees that it's suspected Gall Bladder problems, am off for a USS in morning and then back to see her so I guess I'll find out pretty quickly what's going in if its all cut and dry.

Thanks again so much for your advice and opinion this morning Laura-ven, it's great to know someone is out there when you need help :-)

I'm glad you made it to the doctor! I would probably be scared to eat too! The good thing is none of us are strangers to living off Protein Shakes for a couple of day! :)

Let me know what happens.

Had my USS this morning and it confirms gallstones, so back to GP in morning now. Had another very small attack this arvo that was controlled by the most part with the pills Dr gave me yesterday. Will update again tomorrow

Oh wow so many people go through this. Sorry that your having to deal with it.

Curiosity? were you taking any meds that are supposed to reduce the risk of gallbladder problems after surgery.

It's scary how many people go through this after weight loss surgery. :(

It's so painful and comes on so suddenly.

I have heard that people feel so much better after the gall bladder is taken out.

They even feel relief of mild aches and pains they didn't even realize was associated with the gall bladder

Glad you have medicine now to help with the pain.

I hope you have a quick relief from all of this!

Best of luck!!

No :(

I only learned of them on here but my dr did not prescribe them.

Did you?