Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Positive Sunday! Love your sleeve, Love Yourself!

Happy Sunday VST members! I wanted to start a thread that is positive and encouraging. I would love to make this a regular Sunday thread. Let's share the things we love big or small. If someone is struggling let's give each other a positive boost!

I just want to get this started. I will be back in a few to share. Let's get positive friends!

I love this idea, I will start by saying, the weather here is absolutely beautiful, the sun is out in all it's glory, the temp is cool but warm from the sun, perfect day to be out moving around, go for a bike ride or explore a part of your area you never have gone to, sit under a tree and read or journal or grab some colors and a color book and zone out on coloring.(ok so it's a chick thing, guys find some lego LOL ) Lets take a moment to reflect how lucky were are to have this opportunity for assistance in changing our lives. Little bit of babbling, but it's what I am feeling inside today. Yay! for Sunday's :D

I have a huge list of things that I love that help me make it through every day. Wednesday I will be weighing in for my 90 day weigh in and I am excited. I have not been perfect, but this journey is not about perfection. We are learning to love our life in a whole new way & this takes time. I know that last weigh in I was down 61 lbs. I love what losing that weight has done for me. I love that I am down 3 full pants sizes & the size I am in now is getting too big! I love all the compliments that I've been getting, especially from my super supportive boyfriend. I love that I have more energy. I love that I can now fit in a booth at a restaurant. I love that I could go to IHOP yesterday and eat & not feel deprived at all. I ordered an eggbeater omelette with spinach & mushrooms with fruit salad. I ate less than half of it & brought the rest home. I love that when I go out my boyfriend & I can share a meal & save money! LOL. I love that I fit comfortable in my car now. I even love that my feet have gotten smaller. One day I just stepped right out of one of my dress shoes. Mostly I love that I don't have to be perfect. I am doing this one day at a time. one meal at a time. The sleeve is a wonderful tool!

I love this idea, I will start by saying, the weather here is absolutely beautiful, the sun is out in all it's glory, the temp is cool but warm from the sun, perfect day to be out moving around, go for a bike ride or explore a part of your area you never have gone to, sit under a tree and read or journal or grab some colors and a color book and zone out on coloring.(ok so it's a chick thing, guys find some lego LOL ) Lets take a moment to reflect how lucky were are to have this opportunity for assistance in changing our lives. Little bit of babbling, but it's what I am feeling inside today. Yay! for Sunday's :D

Now I totally want to color! LOL. Our day here is gray & rainy, but I am happy to be cozy with a fire going in the wood stove. Watching a DVD with my boyfriend, curled up with my cat & puppy. Life is good!

I love that I made it through surgery safely (2/20) and that the people I love the most are here with me while I recover. I will always be grateful for my loved ones being here in my time of need.

I am very grateful that I decided to have this surgery. I did no go through insurance ( I didn't want to do that drawn out process), but I busted my behind to save up the money to have it done in MX. I am thankful that my family are so supportive, attentive, and caring even with the distance in between us. I have my days when I am down because either I don't see the scale moving or I see a gain ( not sure if their is an association between my work/ sleep schedule). And I am also glad that a community exist such as this... people who are experiencing and going through similar things.

I've always liked Sundays. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I get the sleeve, but boy do I relate to the IHOP booth and fitting in my car. I've been paying the insurance and other fees for my car, and it's probably been a year since I've been able to drive it.

For me, I look forward to the opportunity of going out to a movie on Sunday. Taking my sweet doggie, Shiki, for a walk. And other "normal" things.

Loving my decision to have sleeve surgery. No more huffing and puffing and I am eating much more healthier. I love the fact that I can get off my butt and start becoming more active again! I love the fact that I can tell others what this surgery has done for me so perhaps it can change their lives.

I love that I have lost 74lbs with more to go.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I love this positve stuff time to kick a hole in our lifes..... I love my wife my kids and my.dog... my tiny wee Dr for looking at ME not a fat guy and for kick starting my return to the human race thanks to my surgical team the support and information has been great.. my surgeon your skill.and experiance has had my life in your hands youll probably never read this however thanks im going to make the most of this ..anyone thats not losing dont let it get you down you have done and are amazing ..this is your time this is the start of a journey your only going to open your eyes and positive oppertunitys to keep you going this is yours and my time...heres to everyone thats helped and been there. Yeeehaa : )

It has been a great Sunday. My husband is home and we've spent the day together. Enjoyed last night with my kids, their spouses, my dearest friend and her kids and spouses. We all went out to dinner and laughed and laughed. This friend & I lived in a 2 family house, each in our own apartment when we were young single moms. Both divorced. Our kids grew up together, we lived through a lot together. Shared my mussels (appetizer- I ate 2 small mussels) with others, and had a little baked haddock with some butternut squash. Brought the rest home. I love that dinners out have become easier to order & manage - AND that the focus has shifted from food to the company of others now.

I am so thankful I had the sleeve. So many medical issues I had prior to surgery are resolved, and I feel so much more energetic and healthy. I look forward to exercising now. Weekend walks with my husband have turned into a great time for talking.

I'm also thankful that February is almost over - winter is cold and hard here in NE - I prefer the warmer spring & fall temps.

Have a great week everyone!

I've always liked Sundays. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I get the sleeve, but boy do I relate to the IHOP booth and fitting in my car. I've been paying the insurance and other fees for my car, and it's probably been a year since I've been able to drive it.

For me, I look forward to the opportunity of going out to a movie on Sunday. Taking my sweet doggie, Shiki, for a walk. And other "normal" things.

You will be doing all these things before you know it! Make sure and keep track of all the small things. They will build up to be huge, amazing things. You are on the start to a wonderful journey. It is hard in the beginning, but in no times it is just a memory & you will be well on your way!

Thanks Dee Dee. I've been trying to get the surgery for 10 years. When I got Medicare coverage 2 years ago, I began a long search for the right doctor and started jumping through all the many hoops Medicare requires. Then I had to wait until now before the sleeve was approved. I've ony got a couple of hoops left. My next big one is cardiac clearance in April.

Thanks Dee Dee. I've been trying to get the surgery for 10 years. When I got Medicare coverage 2 years ago, I began a long search for the right doctor and started jumping through all the many hoops Medicare requires. Then I had to wait until now before the sleeve was approved. I've ony got a couple of hoops left. My next big one is cardiac clearance in April.

Good for you for being so persistent. I don't know if I would have had the patience. Cardiac was hard for me because I ended up needing extra testing. During my first stress test they couldn't tell if I had a clogged artery or just too much breast tissue to see the results. It was just breast tissue, but it was an anxious couple of weeks until it was cleared up. I hope that your cardiac tests go more smoothly! Keep us updated & ask as many questions as you want. Have a good night!

Dee Dee,

I am, if nothing else, peristent. :D

Hey I tried my hand at starting a new group for Baby Boomers. I got it going, but I can't figure how to post. What do I need to do?

My office is on the third floor, and I take the stairs every day. Before I had surgery, I took the elevator and would sometimes take the stairs (only going down not up). This is just one change because of my sleeve, and I love it.