Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am i doing wrong?

I have been going up and down on the same 2 lbs for the last 5 weeks. Im getting about 700- 900 calories per day, 60+ Proteins a day, lots of Water and just reduced carbs to under 40 . Started hitting the gym 5 days a week (not liking that at all). The only thing I think it might be is that I have a Protein Bar everyday as a snack but its only 150 calories. I must be a slow loser but thats ok anything is better than nothing. any advice would be great. thanks.

You could be gaining muscle mass and losing fat inches. Have you measured yourself lately?

Honestly, I don't think you are getting enough calories, with the amount of exercising you are doing, you are not providing your body enough fuel to function properly. Our bodies need a certain amount of fuel each day just to breath, pump our blood, etc. Your body may feel like it is being starved, your metabolism is slowing down to preserve fat.

I 100% am buying into the TTDE philosophy. My fiancé, who is a nutritionist and personal trainer, has been preaching this to me for two years. I was losing and gaining the same three pounds for a year. I finally decided to listen to him and figured out my BMR and then what I needed to eat just to maintain my weight. Then I figured out 15% less and came up with I should be eating 1,645 calories a day to keep my metabolism healthy and lose weight. At first, I went up a few pounds, because it took my body time to realize I wasn't going to deprive it of food anymore and for my metabolism to start functioning the way it should again. After four weeks, I am now losing consistently every week, eating more and feel like I have more energy than I have had in the four years since getting my sleeve. It feels so good not to feel deprived or like I am starving. The most important thing is, 98% of the time, I do make healthy choices. My 1,645 calories a day does not consist of crap food, I eat a lot of Protein rich foods and healthy vegetables. But, I don't deprive myself either. If I go out with friends, I eat many of the same foods they do, and still continue to lose.

Check out http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to see what your BMR and suggested daily caloric intake is just for your body to function. I am loving eating more to weigh less, the science if it just makes sense to me, that, and how much better I feel at 1,645 calories a day than what I did at 800.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Not sure this calculator is accurate. It tells me to eat 1936 calories a day to lose 1.2 lb a week. That is so much more then the 900 I eat a day now. I exercise 5 days a week for about an hour a day (800-1000 calories burned a day). Would this calculator equally apply to us with much different internal plumbing then non-WLS folks? Our stomachs absorb nutrients differently and I have a hunch that it takes less food for us to gain weight then the non WLS person given everything else is held constant (exercise, etc).

Hi just checked my bmr and its 1500 per day, how do you get all that much in a day? My supper time is the worst I'm so hungry and i then eat fast which isnt good, and get terrible pain in my left shoulder and i know i've over ate and thats it for over a hr before i can eat or drink anything. im gonna try eating more throughout the day.

Not sure this calculator is accurate. It tells me to eat 1936 calories a day to lose 1.2 lb a week. That is so much more then the 900 I eat a day now. I exercise 5 days a week for about an hour a day (800-1000 calories burned a day). Would this calculator equally apply to us with much different internal plumbing then non-WLS folks? Our stomachs absorb nutrients differently and I have a hunch that it takes less food for us to gain weight then the non WLS person given everything else is held constant (exercise' date=' etc).[/quote']

It is working fabulous for me. Once my metabolism reset I started losing again. And I have more energy and feel so much better. My stomach is the same as everyone else's, it is just smaller. I'm sorry, I have never believed anyone should live on 800 calories a day for an extended period of time, weight loss surgery or not. Our bodies need fuel to function properly, 800 calories is not near enough fuel.

Sent from my iPad using VST

How do we raise out calorie intakes?!

How do we raise out calorie intakes?!

Drink milk shakes all day. Ha! Just kidding. I know what you mean. I find that 900 calories a day of mostly Protein is about maxing me out in terms of eating. I do eat six times a day ( every 3 hours). My energy is pretty good. Not constantly wired like I drank 3 ventis (seriously, would never do that), but good enough to be fairly productive from rise to bed.

Drink milk shakes all day. Ha! Just kidding. I know what you mean. I find that 900 calories a day of mostly Protein is about maxing me out in terms of eating. I do eat six times a day ( every 3 hours). My energy is pretty good. Not constantly wired like I drank 3 ventis (seriously, would never do that), but good enough to be fairly productive from rise to bed.

Do you feel at all weak since in essence you are burning all the calories that you ate? I don't want to pass out at the gym, but I am so use to intense workouts.

Do you feel at all weak since in essence you are burning all the calories that you ate? I don't want to pass out at the gym' date=' but I am so use to intense workouts.[/quote']

No, do not feel weak at all. I have pretty good energy.

Hi just checked my bmr and its 1500 per day' date=' how do you get all that much in a day? My supper time is the worst I'm so hungry and i then eat fast which isnt good, and get terrible pain in my left shoulder and i know i've over ate and thats it for over a hr before i can eat or drink anything. im gonna try eating more throughout the day.[/quote']

"You're so hungry" how far along are u .. I didn't know we would feel "so hungry" ahh

"You're so hungry" how far along are u .. I didn't know we would feel "so hungry" ahh

I definitely experience hunger again. It started at around 5 months and has gotten worse in moth 8. The best I am able to do is to eat as much Protein as possible and to limit carbs as to not trigger the nagging "I'm hungry" signal all the time. Sometimes I give in and have extra beef Jerky or some other Protein. I know this is not a good habit to get into, but does help quiet the signals a bit. And this is in between eating every 3 hours. Good luck!

Hmmm I was thinking it would be so nice not having to panic about what/where my next meal will be from ... This sounds like u have to be even MORE organised lol

Hmmm I was thinking it would be so nice not having to panic about what/where my next meal will be from ... This sounds like u have to be even MORE organised lol

You bet! Being a Sleever requires good organizational skills in order for things to balance out right in terms of macro nutrient ratios.

I am a super organised person so that's not a problem. I love healthy foods but when I feel really hungry I eat the bad carbs as that's what I feel will only fill me up (touch the sides lol) . I'm lookin forward to knowing that I can have a piece of fruit and it will be satisfying .. Instead of a whole bag of chips lol