Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

I got my first fill on July 26,2007. Lisa said I only neede .05cc. I didn't think I would feel it; but I did. I've lost 27lbs since surgery on June 8th. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Janie3867, keep going strong..document everything...make copies of all you tests and do ask for copies of doctor's visits. Veronica, bariatric coordinator, can answer questions too. Go to support group meetings. They really help. God Bless.

Barbara:clap2:

I got my first fill on July 26,2007. Lisa said I only neede .05cc. I didn't think I would feel it; but I did. I've lost 27lbs since surgery on June 8th. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Janie3867, keep going strong..document everything...make copies of all you tests and do ask for copies of doctor's visits. Veronica, bariatric coordinator, can answer questions too. Go to support group meetings. They really help. God Bless.

Barbara:clap2:

Yeah, that's what I started w/ as well. Then had to go in for an unfill, 'cause it was too much! My weight loss hasn't been as good as yours (I haven't been good!). What are you eating?

As regard to food, it's a trial and error thing. I eat a good bit of fish and chicken. most of is baked. I can not eat bread, it feels as though it's sticking. I even double toasted it (wheat bread, of course). vegetables are varied. No green beens, they are too fiborous. I try to behave. I eat a lot of sugar-free popsicles. Talk to you later, Barbara

hi kelley just wanted to know how you liked Dr. Black planning on getting him to do my lapband, have you had any problems and how was he with your follow-ups?

Anyone banded by Gregory Adams in Decatur and if so, have a contact for him? I was trying to look into him beginning of this year, the number was an 800 number for some company and told me he's no longer there..

But then a month or so ago someone somewhere mentioned he was going to band them.. so I'm confused. I can't find a contact to him that works, and I was interested in getting fills from him since he's 30m away.

If anyone has info on him, please PM me.. thanks!!

I was banded by Dr. Adams 3/29/07 and have lost 70 pounds so far. His contact information is below. He is wonderful!

Dr. Gregory Adams

1405 7th Street SE

Post Office Box 1029

Decatur, Alabama 35602

Telephone: (256) 355-6414

Fax: (256) 355-6646

Email: info@surgicaldoctors.com

Guest TooLarge

What caused you to decide on Dr Adams as your surgeon? Location, costs, personality, etc.? Were there other doctors that you considered? If so, who?

I had gallbladder surgery in December 2006 with Dr. Adams as my surgeon. I really liked the way he explained things and worked with me. I learned about the surgery through him and liked the way he explained the benefits of lapband versus gastric bypass. I never considered anyone else. Also, I was self-pay and he had a price worked out with the hospital to make things easier for me. I hope this helps.

Dr. Adams is not taking any patients.. I finally got a hold of them, the lady said he is only doing people he had a backlog of, but no one new.. and so, he won't do my fills either.

I called 4 more doctors that are closer than my current and 2 said no, 2 said they'd call me back (one of them twice now) and no one calls me back.

This is so annoying.

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on here lately so I just wanted to say Hello and see how everyone was doing?

I went last Monday for my 2nd fill and Lisa scared me, she couldn't find my port after about 10 minutes of messing with it, she said that she thought it had flipped. She finally went and got Dr. Schmitt and he found it pretty quick. Needless to say I was relieved that it hadn't done any flip flops!

My weight has been stuck for the past week or so, I am down to 268, from 312. I am so ready for the scale to start moving downward again!

Well I hope everyone is having a great Humpday!

I was wondering if anyone here might know if Dr. Miles & Schmitt were currently installing the newest AP band? I really hope so and would appreciate knowing what type/size band his patients have as I am looking!

Thanks so much.

Dr. Adams is not taking any patients.. I finally got a hold of them, the lady said he is only doing people he had a backlog of, but no one new.. and so, he won't do my fills either.

I called 4 more doctors that are closer than my current and 2 said no, 2 said they'd call me back (one of them twice now) and no one calls me back.

This is so annoying.

Laura, I checked the american bariatric association's website and found this doctor in Decatur. Have you tried them? If you have and can't/don't want to use them for whatever reason, go back to the bariatric association's website. You can search by zipcode for a doctor.

Surgery Consultants of Decatur

hey everyone i live in athens,al and have a consultation with dr facundus sept 25th. anyone had lapband done by him????

I was wondering if anyone here might know if Dr. Miles & Schmitt were currently installing the newest AP band? I really hope so and would appreciate knowing what type/size band his patients have as I am looking!

Thanks so much.

Hi Judy. I was banded by Dr. Schmitt in May and got a 10 cc band.

Thanks Crabcake,

That is the Vanguard band. How are you doing with the fills? It took me a very long time to get into the restriction range. Hope you are there now but if not how long does his office make you wait in between fills?

I really would appreciate knowing the answer to that last question. Thanks in advance.