Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

I am in Fort Mitchell....about 85 miles north. I just started the process and my insurance company wants me to drive to Birmingham to see a doctor there. Do you know if Dr. Robbins takes military patients? Congrats on the 25 lbs!!

I don't know if he takes military patients or not. I've got an appt. on Monday and I'll ask him. He should, with Ft. Rucker right here at us. I'll post an answer when I get home Monday.

Jason, so glad you got your letter! Let us know when you get the date for the surgery! Congratulations!

thanks! i will let you all know as soon as i do. it will be tuesday before naomi at dr. miles office is back in.

and i got a question for anyone with bc/bs of alabama. how much did you have to pay out of your pocket for the surgery?

I am in Fort Mitchell....about 85 miles north. I just started the process and my insurance company wants me to drive to Birmingham to see a doctor there. Do you know if Dr. Robbins takes military patients? Congrats on the 25 lbs!!

Hey, I went to see Dr. Robbins Tuesday. He does indeed accept military patients. Do you have TriCare ins? He accepts it, also. I had my first fill....had some complications trying to do it though. Dr. Robbins finally had to take me down to Radiology and do it under the flouroscope. So far, I've lost 30 lbs.!! Woo-hoo!!

Let me know when and where you decide to get banded.

Hey all, after all this time I just now found the Alabama threads.

I'm from Huntsville. Just thought I'd say Hi.

Hey All, boy do I feel better. My last post I was worried about not losing and about beginning to eat. Lisa(practitiooner - Dr. Miles/Schmitt) says I probably increased my appetite since I have really increased my excersise. She gave me my fill of .5cc, I am back on the right road. No lose this time but I'm down inches.

Hey all, after all this time I just now found the Alabama threads.

I'm from Huntsville. Just thought I'd say Hi.

Hi Karly,

Welcome to the Alabama thread. I live in Hartselle and work in Madison. I was banded on 2/14/2008 by Dr. Stephen Britt in Guntersville. I have lost 34 lbs so far. Tell us a little about you. I look forward to seeing you post some more threads.

Hi Andy, all,

I was banded April 10 by Dr. Stephen Britt in Guntersville also.

Small world. I am due for my next fill on July 17. Can't wait for that!

How was everyone's 4th?

Karly1:

That is great. I love Dr. Britt and his staff. I will get my 4th fill on July 24th. I have 6cc in my 14cc band. Do you know what size band you have? How many fills have you received? How much is in your band?

My 4th of July was very nice. I grilled out Hamburgers and hot dogs. We stayed home and did some fireworks here with the children. We had some sparklers, poppers, and some roman candles. Nothing big, but our neighbors all around us had lots of pretty fireworks we could enjoy too for free. How was your 4th?

Hey Andy,

I have the large, I am guessing that is the 14cc and my first fill he gave me 3cc. I seem to really have no restriction right now and am debating calling and seeing if I can come in this Thursday.

My fourth was good. Nothing spectacular just family and friends. But that is more than enough. :)

Karly1:

The first fill is to just get you started and usually does not provide any restriction. It took 3 fills before I really got any restriction. You are at the stage that you need to work on portion size and control. Start getting into a habit or routine of planning and eating healthy meals. Get your Protein in 1st then add the other foods. Try to stay away from fried foods. Get into the habit of eating with a small plate, fork, and/or spoon. Really work on not drinking with your meals. You need to not drink any liquids at least 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after a meal. Learning to not drink with a meal is hard, but it is necessary. Drinking with a meal will only wash you food out of your stomach, which will mean you still can eat more than you need too. Of course, you know all of this from the class with Amy. Dr. Britt and staff is just simply the best! You should be ready for a fill by July 9th, which is this coming Thursday. He is in the Guntersville office on Thursday. You should call Monday and see if you can get in on Thursday. I am sure he could work you in.

Edited by andyisbanded

Hi Karly,

I was also banded by Dr. Britt on March 4th. Have lost 69 lbs. so far. I have had three fills so far and go for my 4th on the 9th at 4:30. They are always so good to get you in if you need it. They did me that way after my 1st one. I called and went in after two weeks. I am ready for my 4th because I don't feel I am where I need to be yet. Hope 4th time is a charm. Maybe I'll see you there.

Tina

Hi all. :rolleyes:

I'm for sure calling tomorrow, first thing. I am ready for the scales to move again. I am working really hard to control my portions even with no restriction and have mastered the drinking before and after rules. IT has been hard and I do confess that I watch the clock the minute my last bite is taken, HA! I usually get on the computer in the evenings to help pass the time til I can drink. That has been huge for me! Tina, I'll sure let ya know if I get my appt changed, and wow, you have done wonderful with your weight loss, I am jealous! :biggrin:. :thumbup:

Hi Karly,

I was also banded by Dr. Britt on March 4th. Have lost 69 lbs. so far. I have had three fills so far and go for my 4th on the 9th at 4:30. They are always so good to get you in if you need it. They did me that way after my 1st one. I called and went in after two weeks. I am ready for my 4th because I don't feel I am where I need to be yet. Hope 4th time is a charm. Maybe I'll see you there.

Tina

Hey Tina,

I go on Thursday the 10th at 4:15. I thought they only did fills on Thursdays? That's what they told me last time, but then he was going out of town so actually did my fill on Monday instead.

Hey Tina, Karley, Andy & all, Dr Britt did my surgery. I have no idea what size band i have...but i will find out the next time i go in for a fill. I'm not feeling much restriction currently but i'm leaving for DC next week and would rather be close to home for at least two weeks after a fill. I'm really looking forward to another fill as i've only had 2 since my surgery. Good to talk to the locals...i live in Hazel Green, Al & work in Meridianville, Al.

Good luck to all.