Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Users: More Calories = Weight Loss Could be a coincidence...?

It scares me too! I haven't gotten past mid-800s but when I upped it to 650-800 I started dropping weight again! I kinda figure what is the risk? If you're not losing anyway worst that happens is gain a pound or two and realize that wasn't the answer. Haha easier said than done! :-)

I'm so miserable right now from dinner I don't know how I'm going to do it...I'm going to try to eat more earlier in the day that's when I always mess up and don't take enough in. Then I get to the evening and I'm like **** I have to eat and drink so much still... That equals misery :(

I'm the same!! I will have like 400 cal and I look and its already 7pm. And my stomach is like Courtney don't do this to me again!

I swear trying to have 800 cals of just lean Protein is pretty damn hard. I think it's funny how restrictive this is when I look and just 2.5 mo ago I binged daily. I guess struggling to eat a couple extra hundred calories isn't so bad!

Now you're talking dirty to me!

I'm the same!! I will have like 400 cal and I look and its already 7pm. And my stomach is like Courtney don't do this to me again!

I swear trying to have 800 cals of just lean Protein is pretty damn hard. I think it's funny how restrictive this is when I look and just 2.5 mo ago I binged daily. I guess struggling to eat a couple extra hundred calories isn't so bad!

This is one problem I don't seem to have, I think because I start off the day with about 30g of Protein. If I have an Atkins bar for lunch that's another 15. I only need a 30 more or so. Lately I've found that I don't want to eat "heavy" protein in the evening so I've been doing Special K Protein cereal(10g). I use Hood low carb milk (6g) with 1/2 scoop of nectar chocolate Truffle Protein powder (11g). That gets me to 70-80g. The Cereal goes down very easy and it feels like a treat. I really haven't been concentrating on dense protein because it feels too heavy a lot of the time...

So i gave it a try like i said. Im down 2 pounds BUT i also drank my BP pill yesterday that i havent drank in a week so it made me pee alot yesterday. Sooooo really not sure if i lost Water weight from yesterday pee fest or its weight from upping food. Ill eat normal the rest of the week and do this upping thing on friday if i see no lose frim normal eating routin.

Update- gained 2 pounds. :-( Back to normal calories routin.

This is one problem I don't seem to have' date=' I think because I start off the day with about 30g of Protein. If I have an Atkins bar for lunch that's another 15. I only need a 30 more or so. Lately I've found that I don't want to eat "heavy" Protein in the evening so I've been doing Special K Protein cereal(10g). I use Hood low carb milk (6g) with 1/2 scoop of nectar chocolate Truffle Protein Powder (11g). That gets me to 70-80g. The Cereal goes down very easy and it feels like a treat. I really haven't been concentrating on dense protein because it feels too heavy a lot of the time...[/quote']

I think one of my issues Dana is that I am trying to not have carbs. So I'm left with only cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, or meat. I also can't stomach Protein drinks except for one...protein powder just makes me gag unfortunately! Maybe I can try the Special K depending on the carbs cause it'd be nice to have a treat! I will say though that I have noticed more weight loss since I've cut out the carbs. No one ever said this was easy though right? :-)

Like everyone else, I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I lost 18 pounds the first 15 days after surgery (2/4) and then nothing until today. I was only taking in about 400 calories and about 60 grams Protein and less than 20 grams carbs. So I decided to do a little experiment yesterday. I ate all day long, every couple of hours from 8am until 6 pm and I got in 600 calories, 38 carbs and 74 protein. Got on the scale this morning and was down 2 pounds.