Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Good Morning my January Band sisters!

I just wanted to check in! I am sick. I am just resting today. I feel slightly congested, a little cough and sore throat. At least that sharp sore throat pain is gone. Now, just a sore throat. I am also very hoarse, so I am not talking much to let my throat rest. I do not want to be sick for surgery.

I have been taking Air Bornne, tea for sore throat, and had Wolfgang Puck's Gourmet chicken broth for Breakfast. It was SOOOOOOO good! It is higher in sodium though. I am also going to make sure I get enough Water.

I leave tomorrow, probably mid day to Mexico. My surgery and pre ops are on Friday. My hotel is covered so I can come back on Sunday, but my mom wants to come home on Saturday. I told her that I will come back if I feel very good, but if I don't, I want to stay an extra day near the doctor.

I wonder what happens if you have a cold on the day of surgery?

Audee

Hey Audree, i hope you get better soon, i read somewhere on this site that one person had to postpone her surgery because she had the flu, but i don't think that they would postpone it for a cold. I'd call Dr. Ortiz to check anyways. Hope it all works out.

I just ordered the strawberry Kiwi nectar and samples of the others. Here is the info:

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="48%">Syntrax Presents:

Nectar

Best Tasting Protein!</TD><TD width="22%">

nectar.jpg

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=120 bgColor=#333399 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>topbord.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle><TABLE cellPadding=3 width="96%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

This works well with:

>99 Thermocore

>MyoLean EFX

>Cheaters Relief

>Lipovar 8

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>botbord.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>

Fruit juice Flavored whey With No Carbs Or Fat!

Welcome to the critically acclaimed world of Nectar! Gone are the days of low quality whey Protein. Gone are the days of those blah-tasting Protein Drinks that promise much but deliver little. Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> once-and-for-all breaks the mold by combining Promina, the highest quality whey protein isolate ever developed, with a flavoring system that is so fruitilicious that you will never drink another whey Protein Shake ever again. If you like the refreshing taste of fruit juice, you'll love Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP>! fruit.jpg With its mouthwatering fruit juice flavors, Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> is truly a Protein Drink you will look forward to drinking each and every day. Whether it be Apple Ecstasy, Very Cherry berry, caribbean cooler, or Strawberry Kiwi, Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> will keep you coming back for more. What's more? Well, we did something totally amazing by engineering Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> to be so delicious that you can eat it right out of the container. Imagine putting a Protein Powder in your mouth and it tasting like candy. Imagine this protein powder having zero carbs and zero fat. Stop imagining! We've brought you Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP>! Order today using our 100% secure server and get it at the lowest prices in the world with our fast, inexpensive 2 - 3 day shipping! NOBODY beats our overall price!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Audree - what website did you use? I went out and googled it and found one, I am using shop.com, and it states the drink will come from allstarhealth, or something like that.

I have heard good stuff about this drink, so I went ahead and ordered me some. I also hear muscle milk was really good, however, i think it has a lot of calories.

PS - Cindy, I will avoid the diet pills. The whole reason I am getting this surgery is to not be on a "diet" any longer. To change my entire behavior. So I will avoid the diet pills for now. The only reason I would get on them is if I was experience a lot of hunger. But before I do that, I will try other measures. Thanks again for your advice.

I found the liquid tylenol at Walmart along with the Better than bullion stuff everyone raves about. I have started purchasing my stuff for surgery and checking the stuff off my list. I still need a few other things, but plan on getting them all bought this weekend. Then I will focus on getting my laundry caught up. YUK.

Do any of you guys have instant messenger? If so, I'm always online during the days at work. So feel free to IM me my yahoo is tls6766, and my aol is tls6766. I'm always available to chat, or usually I am. Sometimes I am in conferences, but usually I am working on spreadsheets on my computer (I'm an accountant for a major long distance company)

Well, back to work I go..........

Hi, I just wanted to tell everyone that I am home - ready to nap in my own bed!!

I had to spend the night because I have sleep apnea (thank goodness it didn't cost more.)

I feel great - not as painful as I thought it would be. I will give the juicy details later.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers!

Hi, I just wanted to tell everyone that I am home - ready to nap in my own bed!!

I had to spend the night because I have sleep apnea (thank goodness it didn't cost more.)

I feel great - not as painful as I thought it would be. I will give the juicy details later.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers!

Welcome home girl!!! We are glad to hear you are good:nervous

Well today is like I expected. A little more discomfort today than yesterday. However, I did have to get up this morning and go into work for about an hour. My husband had to put my boots on (I'm in the military) for me. He's the greatest and so supportive.

My stomach is more on the active side (rumbling) but I'm not hungry. Again it's been ice chips and I had 2 oz of veggie broth. The warmth was very satisfying and good.

Good luck Audree...I'll be thinking about you and don't rush coming home.

Jenlapband, thanks for checking in with us....we've been wondering how you are doing.

Kristi, hope your back to normal soon! You said the doc said day 2 would be the worse, so hopefully this is as bad as it will get for you.

Audree - what website did you use? I went out and googled it and found one, I am using shop.com, and it states the drink will come from allstarhealth, or something like that.

I have heard good stuff about this drink, so I went ahead and ordered me some. I also hear muscle milk was really good, however, i think it has a lot of calories.

PS - Cindy, I will avoid the diet pills. The whole reason I am getting this surgery is to not be on a "diet" any longer. To change my entire behavior. So I will avoid the diet pills for now. The only reason I would get on them is if I was experience a lot of hunger. But before I do that, I will try other measures. Thanks again for your advice.

Sunshine2: Here is the website http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html

I did buy myself some QuickSlim30 just in case from my chinese herbalist. The ingredients are so natural. I see it as just taking a weight loss supplement since the ingredients are beneficial to general health.

Here is some info on it:

<TABLE height=166 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=409 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=header_title style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 47px" vAlign=bottom>Introducing QuickSlim-30, the healthiest diet pill on the planet.

</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 23px; HEIGHT: 166px" rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=header_text style="WIDTH: 363px; HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=center align=left>

What's so special about QuickSlim-30? Its combination of twelve herbs together achieves weight loss by balancing and nourishing your body. Is your weight gain due to stress? Poor elimination? Low energy? Poor digestion? A build-up of toxins? Slow metabolism? Let QuickSlim-30's twelve herbs work together to address any or all of these issues. The result is whole-body balance so you reach your desired weight --- quickly. There's no other formula like QuickSlim-30.

As the most nutritious diet pill on the planet, QuickSlim-30 contains 12 healthful herbs that together balance your body, provide you energy, and help you reach your desired weight quickly.

QuickSlim-30 contains these nutritious herbs for weight loss:

Alisma - diuretic

Aloe Vera - relieves Constipation, cleanses internal systems, aids in fat and sugar metabolism

Fo-Ti - promotes internal cleansing, detoxifies and strengthens the blood, invigorates kidneys and liver, increases vitality

Fructus Mori - improves digestion, increases energy

Goji Berries - increases energy by improving blood circulation, provides nutrition to kidneys

Grape Seed Extract - strengthens blood vessels, reduces inflammation

Green Tea - aids digestion, detoxifies, reduces cholesterol and triglycerides, enhances immune function

Hawthorn Berries - strengthens the heart by enhancing enzyme metabolism and oxygen utilization in the heart muscle

Lotus Leaf - improves urination

Reishi Mushroom - improves energy levels, reduces cholesterol and blood lipid levels

Spirulina (Blue-Green Algae) - increases energy and mood, provides carotenoids and other nutrients beneficial to those who don't consume several servings of vegetables each day, is a complete source of Protein, especially helpful in obesity

Sweet Tea Vine - improves protein metabolism, detoxifies, improves immune-system functioning

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Directions for Use:

Before breakfast, simply take one tablet in the morning with an eight-ounce glass of Water. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or under 18 years old, do not use this product. Discontinue use and consult a physician if any adverse reaction occurs. Most customers report low appetite while taking QuickSlim-30.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I took them before and I felt really good on them. It does a lot more than just suppress the appetite. I am just going to have my bottle on hand if I feel I need it. I may just take them to detox and do all the other stuff it says. It also gave me energy to work out.

Audree

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi ladies & gentlemen!

I've had a busy week/end. Just thought I'd check in to wish all those who have had surgery, and those who will be having surgery this week, well. Speedy and as pain free healing to you. As others have been saying (and I'm sure I'll need the reminder when my time comes) remember that the first 6 weeks are for healing. Be prepared for the emotional side of making this life changing decision. You will live through it, and come out on the other side healthier, happier, and slimmer. :)

I really want to thank those, who have been banded for coming back and sharing! It is very encouraging. Let's all try to do the same.

Now, as for me. I'm 33, and live in Chicago. I've been overweight my entire life (10lbs 2oz at birth). Although, when I look back at the pictures of me growing up, I see myself as being heavy - but not really fat. However, I WAS WAY bigger then all of my friends, cousins and siblings. They were just always skin and bones.

I also remember hearing the she'll stretch out of it...and the oh, she just has big bones. But, that didn't stop my mother from putting me on the yo-yo diets.

So, here I stand today, 5'6" and over 300lbs.

Yesterday I had my pre-op testing. Well, the rest of it. I had already had an ultrasound (gall bladder) and an upper GI (previous surgeon).

Today, I find out that my EKG came back irregular (they tell me it could just be my nerves...YOU THINK????) They also tell me that my insurer is acting up again. And, they wonder why my EKG was abnormal....

Anyway, I called for an appt with a cardiologist - have to have cardiac clearance, now. Then I called my insurer - for the 500th time. Only to find out that I was approved...and that they thought my surgery date was 12/29. I explained that it will be 1/12, and it turns out that they had it set up for a completely different hospital. So, now my surgeon's office has to call and straighten that our, but apparently that's a minor detail. I'm just sitting here, shaking my head, and rolling my eyes. If you could only understand what I have gone through to have this surgery. Oh well, they can keep throwing the problems my way...because I'm determined to GET through this to the other side.

Talk to everyone soon! I hope everyone is still doing well on their pre-op diets. Mine doesn't call for any change, other then the addition of a nutritional supplement drink 2x a day, then the day before surgery liquids only. Of course, I found out about all my problems when I went to pick up these drinks from the surgeon's office during what was supposed to be a quick lunch time run.

Oh well....talk to you all soon. I'll try to be better at keeping up with everyone, and how each of our progress towards surgery and beyond is going.

Chris

Surgeon: Dr. Kane, Jr.

Surgery date: 1/12/07

9 days to surgery!

I too have been on quite a journey in the Quest for my lap band. My insurance really hasn't been a problem though. First, the surgeon I went to not longer takes my insurance (they failed to mention this at the seminar or consultation), I checked in Sept. they dropped the insurance in Nov. after I was approved. Then my second surgeon needed a cardiac clearance because I'm an old lady (55) lol, and now I have been waiting like what seems to be forever to be called back with a date for surgery.Sorry to be so down, but I just want to join the January bandsters exclusive club...

Hello January Bandsters! Today was my 1st day of liquid diet. My surgery is next Wednesday, and I am sooooo excited. I had my pre-op appt with Dr. Jay today, and paid my $415. It's for real now! My 1st day of liquids has been fine, no problems. Not really even feeling hungry. I just hope that by tomorrow I don't feel like a "witch". My DH is doing the liquids with me - at least at home, so I won't see, hear, or smell food. Audree -I hope you get to feeling better, and you will be in my prayers this week!

Thank you everybody for thinking and praying for me! I am retiring early tonight. I am feeling better, but still feel run down. I know only rest takes care of being sick and lots of fluids. I also have not slept well the last few nights with horrible sore throat pain.

I may check in tomorrow, but I have a lot to do before I leave, so I may not get a chance to. I will let you all know how I am as soon as I can!:(

Which will probably be Saturday or Sunday. Thank you all for your support!!!

Audree