Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Just got back from the Dr. I'm running a little ahead of schedule for weight loss and down to 229. His scale was better today than mine, but I'll go by his. Since the first fill I never had much in the way of restriction. The only thing that would happen was if I ate too fast then I would slime and eventually puke it up. In fact I was running late at the airport yesterday and stopped to eat the inside of a Breakfast burrito and then it started just as I was heading to the gate. Here I am stopping at every trash can along the way spitting up slime. I even hit the can on the jetway. Finally got to the bathroom on the plane and got it up. I'm sure I grossed out a bunch of people. Anyway it feels tighter today. When I drink liquids they go down but then I feel full and they sort of start back up like they can't make up their mind. January bansters are doing great, keep it up!:clap2:

Hi all I am scheduled for my second fill on Tuesday the 3rd. I can truly say that I need one. I am not losing and I am getting hella depressed. I haven't cried yet, but it's coming. :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: I don't understand what is going on. Everyone on here has lost considerably and I haven't. I admit I have eaten a few things off the plan, but I eat considerably well. No carbs if any brown rice.

today:

1/2c of 1%milk with shredded wheat Cereal 1/4 c

lunch:

5 grilled wingettes ( in the toaster oven)

1/2 cup broc & cauliflower

1/4 cup brown rice

dinner:

tilapia

broccoli

that is usually what I eat

sometimes grits or oatmeal in the morning

or 1/4 chicken or crab salad for lunch over lettuce.

I always have a few grapes or an apple to snack on

for sweet tooth craving mini rice cakes: chesse & caramel or cinammon sugar.

what am i doing wrong :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hi all I am scheduled for my second fill on Tuesday the 3rd. I can truly say that I need one. I am not losing and I am getting hella depressed. I admit I have eaten a few things off the plan, but I eat considerably well. No carbs if any brown rice.

Purpose:

You are way ahead of me, but have you used www.fitday.com to see how many calories you are eating each day and what portion are from fat/carbs/protein etc? I did this and almost choked when I thought I did "really good" one day and I was WAY over on the fitday website.

Hi bandster buddies!

I've been having a rough week, what with all my PBing. The good news is, things finally settled down and I was even able to eat some steak! I went in this morning for a barium swallow. My doc said everything looked good and she didn't want to adjust me up or down right now. My new rules from her are to:

1) not eat unless I am hungry. She said I need to break the habit of eating just because "it's time". This is easier said than done on work days though. I'll have to work on it.

2) Serve myself ONLY 1/2 cup at a time, and see if I am still hungry afterwards. I am still serving myself a little too much most times.

I also joined a gym right by my house. It's not very crowded when I get there after work. I love it! The people are very nice and everyone seems very serious about working out. This is so different from my old Bally's where it seemed like most people were there just to see and be seen.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss everyone -- we need to get posting again!!

Maria

P.S. Oh yeah. I tried tuna for the first time today. It was ok. I think I could stomach this for lunch at work. It was one of those Bumblebee Sundried Tomato creations with crackers. That little thing filled me up! Awesome!

juno~

This past week was rough for me as well. I can relate to the portions problem. I saw somewhere,,maybe on the food forum, to make meatloaf mixture, weight it, and put it in a muffin pan. It makes perfect sized portions and freezes well. That way,I just pull out one serving adn there's no worries that I might get too much. I've not worked since my surgery Jan 29th and sitting aroudn the house has been tough. I dont go out much and I've not gone to the grocery, soooooo I'm out of my Protein drinks(I love Atkins Advantage). I usually drink one for brekkie and that fills me until lunch. If I get bored,,THAT'S when my head hunger kicks in and I have to talk to myself,,lol,,outloud,,and rationalize my feelings about being hungry. I talk myself out of any disaterous eating. I joined a gret gym,,but it's about 15 miles away,,so I've used that ecuse for not going. Luckily,,,I got a new job(they called me today!)and I KNOW that having a steady routine will help me keep on track.

I dont go bak to my physician til April 14th,,,my first 6 week checkup he said I didnt need a fill. A week later,,,I started really getting hungry and restless. I've only lost 2 pounds since March 6th and I know it was due to my eating larger portions and not exercising. I've not had any nausea, pb'ing, slimeing,,nothing,,no matter what I eat. I almost wish I would,,maybe that negative reinforcement would remind me never to do it again!

Hang in there,,,i guess this period is what they refer to as 'bandsters hell'. Keep posting,,there's so much experience to learn from on this site!

Banded 01/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson, MS

331/298/150

no fills to date

Purpose:

You are way ahead of me, but have you used www.fitday.com to see how many calories you are eating each day and what portion are from fat/carbs/protein etc? I did this and almost choked when I thought I did "really good" one day and I was WAY over on the fitday website.

Hi Pam,

Thanks for telling us about fitday.com. I was eating too much too. I went for my first fill this past Monday. It wasn't bad at all. But my doctor did talk to me about making sure that I only eat 1/2 cup of food at each meal. Also, eat Protein and then veggies. And absolutely, no snacking in between. The head hunger is the problem. I'm full but I like the taste so it's hard to stop at a 1/2 cup. But I've been doing it this week and I've lost two more pounds since I saw the doctor. I guess he does know what he is talking about ;>

I'm glad you are doing so well.

Hi all,

I have not posted in several weeks. Been very busy with travel, but usually take the time to read and catch up a couple of times a week. I had my second fill today. There was zip, zero, none! of my first fill left. I have been able to eat anything and everything since about 3 days post fill. So I got 2 cc's of Omnipaque and am on liquids for the rest of the day. Hope this provides some restriction. I am not looking for really tight restriction, but at least something that will let me know I am full.

I have done pretty well controlling my eating, with no restrictions and track nearly everthing that goes in my mouth.

Have averaged about 1000 cal a day, but the scale doesn't seem to show it. But, I will take 13 lbs and be happy. I expect to lose slowly anyway due to my age.

Hopefully by this time next month we will all have good fills and begin to move forward.

Keep up the good work.

There was zip, zero, none! of my first fill left.

Wow! None left?! When I went for my second fill I totally forgot to ask my doc how much was left of my first one. Very interesting!

I had restriction after my 2nd fill and now it seems gone. Not totally gone but most of its gone. I lost .3 of my first fill of .5. I would bet I have lost some of this 2nd fill too.

Hi January Bandsters. I just wanted to let anyone know that got banded in Texarkana, TX that there is a thread in the Texas Froum called "Texarkana Bandsters." Same docs did the banding, same rules, ect.

Hi all I am scheduled for my second fill on Tuesday the 3rd. I can truly say that I need one. I am not losing and I am getting hella depressed. I haven't cried yet, but it's coming. :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: I don't understand what is going on. Everyone on here has lost considerably and I haven't. I admit I have eaten a few things off the plan, but I eat considerably well. No carbs if any brown rice.

today:

1/2c of 1%milk with shredded wheat Cereal 1/4 c

lunch:

5 grilled wingettes ( in the toaster oven)

1/2 cup broc & cauliflower

1/4 cup brown rice

I am not sure about your band and pouch, but I can not exceed 1/2 cup of food at at any meal at one time. You may have stretched your pouch putting that much food in it at one time.

dinner:

tilapia

broccoli

that is usually what I eat

sometimes grits or oatmeal in the morning

or 1/4 chicken or crab salad for lunch over lettuce.

I always have a few grapes or an apple to snack on

for sweet tooth craving mini rice cakes: chesse & caramel or cinammon sugar.

what am i doing wrong :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:[/quot

Read info above, I accidentally posted to far up.

Hey everyone!!!

Sorry I haven't been on here that much, I have been really busy with work, school and now the volunteer program. I only have time to sleep! Everyone on here is doing really well. I won't weigh myself until the 26th of every month, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens, but I have been going to the gym 6x a week and not eating too much due to being way too busy! I guess that helps.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

2- 1/2 month update

I have been doing very well with my band so far. I had my first fill last month of 6.0 cc in a 10.0 cc band . I dont really feel much restriction but I am still able to control the amount I eat . I was doing better in the beginning with the walking and Water intake than i am now but i am trying to push myself to pay attintion and do better

Here are a couple of pics that i think you can tell a that i am making some changes

post-207061-13813135138425_thumb.jpg

post-207061-13813135138699_thumb.jpg

Banded 1-17-07

Dr. Larson

West Palm Beach , Florida

starting weight 268

current weight 232

goal weight 150

:clap2:

post-213691-13813134785499_thumb.jpg

post-213691-1381313478565_thumb.jpg

2- 1/2 month update

I have been doing very well with my band so far. I had my first fill last month of 6.0 cc in a 10.0 cc band . I dont really feel much restriction but I am still able to control the amount I eat . I was doing better in the beginning with the walking and Water intake than i am now but i am trying to push myself to pay attintion and do better

Here are a couple of pics that i think you can tell a that i am making some changes

Yes, I can definitely see the difference in your face! How cool!