Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi, All. Today is really hard. I am so hungry I could eat a horse. I am trying to drink Water instead of eating, but it is not very satisfying. I have 4 more weeks til my first fill. Argh!

I'm right there with you. I ate 3 large bowls of chili on Superbowl Sunday because I was so ravenous. Fortunately, I'm scheduled for a fill next Thursday. I just hope 1 fill is enough to give me some restriction. I'm starting to feel depressed about being hungry all the time. The stomach growling is getting louder every day, and yet the scale is not moving. And you're right, water is not satisfying at all.

:)

Well, I'm really the opposite. I was banded on the 18th and still have a lot of restriction. I usually eat about 1/2 cup of food and I'm done. HOWEVER, I am not losing. Here comes all those fears, "will this work", "it won't work for me" etc. I'm just praying this is not yet another failed diet attempt for me. Even though I've lost in the beginning, I've lost nothing in over a week.

Well, I'm really the opposite. I was banded on the 18th and still have a lot of restriction. I usually eat about 1/2 cup of food and I'm done. HOWEVER, I am not losing. Here comes all those fears, "will this work", "it won't work for me" etc. I'm just praying this is not yet another failed diet attempt for me. Even though I've lost in the beginning, I've lost nothing in over a week.

I'm still really restricted, too. It's starting to bug me. I want to get to the point where I can eat some solids that will fill me up. When I try to eat solids sometimes they go down OK, but I still have problems inadvertently eating too fast or not chewing enough. It's so hard to get used to the new way we have to eat. Who has 30 minutes to eat a one-egg omelet? So, anyway, when I eat too fast I PB, then have my stomach swell up again, and I'm back on liquids and I have major restriction. I know this is bad. I feel guilty for doing things that result in a PB. I am just having such a hard time with the tiny bites and endless chewing. I'm just going to have to get a grip on this.

This is what I really like about this board. No matter where you are, there is someone there right with you on the same stage of the journey. Doesn't make me any less hungry, but does make me less depressed.

I went out to Breakfast with my dad today!! Went to Denny's

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 3 sausages and 2 bacon (left hash browns, ham and pancakes)

Liquids: 32 ounces of watered down crystal light

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk, 1 QuickSlim30 and need to take 1 Biotin

I have no restriction, but find myself feeling like I need to stop. No pain or discomfort, but just my body telling me enough. It is a weird feeling since I have never had that before. I have not PB'd or slimed.

I can eat anything right now and not chew to mush like I did.

I know I better enjoy it since I get a fill in 2 weeks!

I feel guilty posting how good things are going for me and sometimes don't want to post anymore. I almost feel bad but I can't help that I have lost weight and have no problems. I feel like the odd man out.:cry

I'm still really restricted, too. It's starting to bug me. I want to get to the point where I can eat some solids that will fill me up. When I try to eat solids sometimes they go down OK, but I still have problems inadvertently eating too fast or not chewing enough. It's so hard to get used to the new way we have to eat. Who has 30 minutes to eat a one-egg omelet? So, anyway, when I eat too fast I PB, then have my stomach swell up again, and I'm back on liquids and I have major restriction. I know this is bad. I feel guilty for doing things that result in a PB. I am just having such a hard time with the tiny bites and endless chewing. I'm just going to have to get a grip on this.

So far I have no problems with PB. I just get full off of 1/2 cup. However, I am noticing that I'm getting hungry from 2 - 3 hours versus 4 hours.

Audrey: You are not the odd man out.. you are inspiring!

Everyone is different and such will have different experiences.

:typing:

Had first fill this morning. Feels real tight now. I ate pretty freely over the weekend and during the superbowl so it's back to it. The procedure was done under flouroscope and did not hurt a bit. The anxiety of the needle was worse than the actual fill. It only took about 5 minutes and I was on my way back to work. Dr. says I'm right on target for weight loss. I also quit losing for the last two weeks after I went back to solid foods. Dr. says that is normal. He also said that this fill should last about 2 months, but if I'm still losing and still get that full feeling when I eat I could put it off till I level off.

Tonya, have you lost 33 pounds since banding? That is really great! I bet you see some weight lost next time you weigh.

I don't have any restriction but am trying very hard to make good food choices. I am still using a salad plate for dinner, and can stop after my portion is finished. My problem is that I get hungry again about 2 hours later.

Terry

Had first fill this morning. Feels real tight now. I ate pretty freely over the weekend and during the superbowl so it's back to it. The procedure was done under flouroscope and did not hurt a bit. The anxiety of the needle was worse than the actual fill. It only took about 5 minutes and I was on my way back to work. Dr. says I'm right on target for weight loss. I also quit losing for the last two weeks after I went back to solid foods. Dr. says that is normal. He also said that this fill should last about 2 months, but if I'm still losing and still get that full feeling when I eat I could put it off till I level off.

Wow! 38 pounds lost, that is great! I am nervous about my first fill next week. I hope they use the flouroscope too.

Terry

I went out to breakfast with my dad today!! Went to Denny's

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 3 sausages and 2 bacon (left hash browns, ham and pancakes)

I have no restriction, but find myself feeling like I need to stop. No pain or discomfort, but just my body telling me enough. It is a weird feeling since I have never had that before. I have not PB'd or slimed.

I feel guilty posting how good things are going for me and sometimes don't want to post anymore. I almost feel bad but I can't help that I have lost weight and have no problems. I feel like the odd man out.:cry

Audree,

You have done so great, but remember that you are the one that did it. Don't let other's problems take anything away from your accomplishments. Maybe you are just lucky or maybe you are just more positive and determined. Whatever the reason, this is an individual road that we are traveling.

You just keep on going girl, you can be the lead for where we all want to be. :clap2: :clap2:

Tonya, have you lost 33 pounds since banding? That is really great! I bet you see some weight lost next time you weigh.

I don't have any restriction but am trying very hard to make good food choices. I am still using a salad plate for dinner, and can stop after my portion is finished. My problem is that I get hungry again about 2 hours later.

Terry

Thanks Terry - I needed that!

I went out to breakfast with my dad today!! Went to Denny's

Audree you shouldn't feel guilty, you are doing great. Someone will read your posts and be encouraged! As for me, I spoke positive things before surgery and after. I didn't expect anything bad and so far everything is GREAT! Thank the Lord! I love to hear from you! Keep up the great work!

Audree you shouldn't feel guilty, you are doing great. Someone will read your posts and be encouraged! As for me, I spoke positive things before surgery and after. I didn't expect anything bad and so far everything is GREAT! Thank the Lord! I love to hear from you! Keep up the great work!

Sheila - it looks like you are doing great too! That is awesome! I agree with you about being positive. Attitude makes all the difference! :)

Audree (and for anybody else who will share with me)

I am having 2nd thoughts (just because I am in a grouchy mood and my Dr. changed my surgery date) so my initial thought was on the way home from my dr appt was to stop and get a really huge fattening burrito and abandon this idea and give up once and for all.

I value your opinion and want very specific information if you will give it to me.

I was at my dr office in the pre op class and they tell you the statistics (the most concerning statistic was the low % of people who lose substantial weight) and the all the horrible terrible things that could happen and the things you will NEVER be able to eat again yadda yadda yadda. While listening to the Nurse explain this I started thinking maybe I should just try and lose weight. The average % of weight loss from the band over 5 years was only 25% of excess weight over 5 years, I am second guessing this and that is only 25# for me. The only reason I want the band is to feel "satiated" by eating a healthy lifestyle.

There are lots of people (me included) who are ON diets who are fat and who say they are not hungry but ultimately fail at the diet because they were hungry; but wanted themselves to believe they were not (do you understand what I mean?) Perfect example I am on the liquid phase of the pre op diet, am I hungry a little, am I satiated NO WAY! My daughter asked if the shakes were "good" and my response was I would rather be eating eggs and toast (one of my favorite meals) or chili verde.

You are post op and I believe that you are truthful and have a sense of reality. I also think that you are committing probably more than I would be able to commit (gym and excercise wise)

With knowing what you know today, do you think you will reach goal? And will you reach it because you feel satiated and fell like a skinny person feels when they eat or will you reach goal because you paid alot of money to have this procedure and you don't want to fail.

Can you tell my thought are all over the place? I guess I am SHOCKED as it sinks in that the "typical" weight loss was only 25% of excess weight not in the high 90 percentile. If you read weight watcher materials their "star models" who lost all their weight is not typical either, and I do agree it is up to the individual to use the band as a tool BUT I have "failed" at EVERY SINGLE diet I have ever been on before in my life. Why would this be any different if a typical weight loss is only 25% of excess body fat.

If this is too heavy of a topic for you I don't have a problem if you don't reply.

I hate to have these thoughts, to think I won't succeed but reality statistics are not encouraging to me.

I know you are taking Quickslim and works out alot, do you think you could eat normal portions (s. beach) and feel satiated? Or are you still struggling just as you would have without the band?

Tell it to me straight please....

Pam