Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2, feel fine but worried about restriction

Had surgery on February 19th. I feel great but I think I am having restriction issue. I can keep everything down with no problem. I feel like I am waiting for something to happen. Is this normal?

I had mine a day before you...I have no issues getting enough Fluid or Protein and had the same fear! I think we had exceptional surgeons who did such an awesome job we have little swelling or trauma. My incisions don't even really hurt. I've bounced back quickly and I'm 50 years old!

Capsules should be opened and sprinkled in apple sauce in the beginning.

Hope this helps :)

I didn't feel any restriction until the 3rd or 4th week. At first it was even hard to recognize! For me, it was feeling like something was "stuck" in my throat. I began to recognize that as my "full" feeling, and started measuring my food, as to not let myself get to that point. I'm 12 weeks out, still eating 2 ounces at a time. Not to worry, your restriction feeling will come once you are healed and eating heavier foods.

Capsules should be opened and sprinkled in apple sauce in the beginning.

Hope this helps :)

No necessarily....I am to take June normally and can't have apple sauce.....too much sugar

No necessarily....I am to take June normally and can't have apple sauce.....too much sugar

Oh ok... I was instructed to take it with a bite of no sugar added natural apple sauce.

But yes all doctors guidelines are different... As long as you know what your doctor instructs your all good

Omeprazol is what is in capsule form.

Oh yeah... I have the exact same thing.. I take a sip to make sure throat is wet pop it in with Water and swallow..then wash it down with more sips just like you. All the pills are really an irritation but just part of it! I think the frustration is well worth the super body we will be strutting!

Oh yeah... I have the exact same thing.. I take a sip to make sure throat is wet pop it in with Water and swallow..then wash it down with more sips just like you. All the pills are really an irritation but just part of it! I think the frustration is well worth the super body we will be strutting!

Can't wait....I haven't lost a pound until today and was down 6. I put the scales away! Not gonna get obsessed! I was so swollen when I came home from hosp because the pump you full if fluids!

IT WILL COME.. I was just like you but boy was i wrong!

I was sleeved 1/30. I felt no restriction but was careful not to drink too much since our tummy is pretty numb the first few weeks and can be injured. Meds' date=' Water, etc went down fine. I started soft foods after 3 weeks. First was a soft scrambled egg. Little bites and only 2 oz which was not a whole egg. No problems and had no feelings of being stuffed, no feelings of fullness... Really no feeling at all. Next day i added, as directed, 1 oz of soft baked tilapia first, then 1 oz of boiled to mush green Beans... Same thing.. No feeling, other than.. Yum that was good and glad it all sat on my stomach wel, but damn, that went down too easil..what the hey!

Then comes yesterday! About 4 pm i put a piece of salmon in foil and soft cooked it.. Measured out 2 oz and began my 20minute nibble/chew to liquid process. Before i could eat it all.. Probably 15 minutes out, i was hit with an OMG there it is feeling! I was stuffed, uncomfortable and scared that i had stuffed my esophagus and stomach to overfull and would have problems. I was miserable for a good 45 min but finally felt better. This was the first dense Protein i had eaten and i do have good restriction. I now need to protect it! Once I am a little further out, i will be adding chicken and beef and those dense Proteins will be eaten first. I know, very clearly, that other Proteins, the soft ones, tend to move on through easily, but those dense choices will get that good seal in the bottom of my stomach i have been waiting for!

This was really huge for me... I had read and read, over and over to be patient, that the restriction would be there with the return to dense proteins...AND to not over do it! And what did i do? Over did it! I think my history of failure reared its ugly head and made me doubt how well i would do with the sleeve because at 3 weeks down the road, i had done every tiny thing asked of me and even with tilapia and green Beans, regular food, i could eat/ drink very close to the way i had been preop. Please believe those vets that post and say you will feel the restriction because you will!

Take this time to walk more, rest more and learn about you and do not spend any time with worry about restriction! Plan to take the few weeks needed to heal well and then always follow the rules... Dense Protein first![/quote']

That was a very informative post. I am on the 11th day since my sleeve. Still on liquids and I find they go down easy, the shakes too. I am eager to start on puréed food. I have been told I can do so on the 16 th day. Looking forward to it. The info given will really help. Please keep updating.

Today

Bariatric Vitamins

Bariatric shake 8oz. X2

Cream of chicken Soup 4oz.

64 oz Water

1 cup of sugarfree Jello pudding

1 popsicle sugarfree

Just wondering do you feel "full" or satisfied with this amount? or do you have any hunger or deprevaiton?

I feel deprived. But I have found so many ways to cope with head hunger.

I feel deprived. But I have found so many ways to cope with head hunger.

Please give your ideas. I feel depressed due to head hunger. How do deal with it.

Many probably disagree with this but I found I am not really wanting to swallow the food....so...I take a bite...chew and chew and then I spit it out in the trash. I know many will disagree but it help me at first and now I am fine.

Many probably disagree with this but I found I am not really wanting to swallow the food....so...I take a bite...chew and chew and then I spit it out in the trash. I know many will disagree but it help me at first and now I am fine.

I am day 7....I made some runny mashed potatoes made with my delish chicken broth mom and I made. I finally didn't feel weak and starving! My surgeon will only approve Jello and broth besides the Protein and Water of course. I was just losing it! Too long including pre-op!