Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've cheated everyday on my Pre op diet:-(

Ok thanks Laura-ven u always have such encouraging words for everyone! I'm on it tomorrow:-)

I know you can do it! And girl get those shakes in! They will help fill you up.

I did not cheat because I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to have the surgery. Just imagine going under and getting operated on and then waking up with an epic fail! Try to freeze the Protein Shakes just a little. It helps thicken it up a little more and it tastes like a milk shake! Drink broth all the time if your hungry. That helped me. I wish you the best of luck!

I'm embarrassed. This is day 5 and I have cheated every single day. Nothing heavy or loaded with sugar but still that's not the point. I have salad with regular dressing, seafood salad and granola bar. Maybe I'm not ready:-(

I'm I the only one?

I hate to say it, but I think you answered your question. Cheating daily really does tell you that your aren't ready to commit to doing this sleeve. I would seriously think about having an honest conversation with your Dr and your nutritionist and possibly someone who deals with eating disorders. Part of the reason for the pre-op diet is to get you ready both physically and mentally for the road ahead. There will be a time in the near future that you have to make significant lifestyle changes or you will have complications that you aren't ready to deal with. Your recovery from this surgery hinges around your ability to follow the course laid out by your Drs. and your nutritionist. If you aren't able or willing to do that now, my fear is that post-op you are going to have a lot of issues. Before you crawl up on that table and let them cut out your stomach, you owe it to yourself to reconcile your relationship with food. You start by being honest and talk to the professionals that are there to help you. Good Luck Hang Tough :)

Are you looking for a spanking or support? Only you can decide if you are ready or not. But consider this...If any of us had full control of our eating we would not have had the need to have this surgery in the first place. So no' date=' you're not the only one. Be assured you will have a much greater ability to make better choices after you have your sleeve.

Try to look at the pre-op not as a test of your will or ability to control your food/fat/calorie intake. Try to look at it as something you are doing to help ensure a successful surgery for yourself. Many docs require a pre-op to shrink the liver so it won't be enlarged and in the way during your surgery...endangering you. I don't know your body weight or condition of your liver but your doc will when he opens you up and since you're going to be on the table it would probably be best if he/she was able to proceed.

Some docs don't even require a pre-op with a lower bmi. Mine didn't. Thank goodness, because before having the tool of the sleeve I eventually gave up on every diet I'd ever been on. Tommorow's another day...just get up and try again...that's all you can do.

Luck to you![/quote']

What was your starting BMI?

I didn't have a pre op diet, but mentally found myself eating less and being careful.

Take this time to really evaluate whether or not you're ready. It gets easier post op because you literally can't eat but when faced with a milkshake post op, where your head is will help you make the right decision.

Don't beat yourself up as you can't change the past. Just work on making the present and the future better

I did not cheat because I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to have the surgery. Just imagine going under and getting operated on and then waking up with an epic fail! Try to freeze the Protein shakes just a little. It helps thicken it up a little more and it tastes like a milk shake! Drink broth all the time if your hungry. That helped me. I wish you the best of luck!

I hear u May Kelly I would be devastated! I just finished pack my shakes, crystal lights and broth for tomorrow! 11 more days to go...

I didn't have a pre op diet' date=' but mentally found myself eating less and being careful.

Take this time to really evaluate whether or not you're ready. It gets easier post op because you literally can't eat but when faced with a milkshake post op, where your head is will help you make the right decision.

Don't beat yourself up as you can't change the past. Just work on making the present and the future better[/quote']

Yes this is true. I'm in a sense proud of myself because during these 5 days I have been faced with cake and ice cream and hogies and cheese steaks and I didn't give in. I just had to have that salad dressing on my salad. My future is looking better thanks to u guys I'm ready for tomorrow:-)

My surgery is also March 4, I started my pre-op diet on Tuesday. What has helped me tremendously is that I plan my meals the day before.I have a 1000 calories per day. I do the carnation essential for Breakfast every morning and I make sure to have my lunch ready at night. I am using the Calorie counter. As someone said get use the diet because it will help in the long run and it also help to reduce the liver size...I have wanted to cheat myself a glass of wine or even a beer...so mine is really not even food it's the alcohol lol! Good luck! ;)

I'm embarrassed. This is day 5 and I have cheated every single day. Nothing heavy or loaded with sugar but still that's not the point. I have salad with regular dressing, seafood salad and granola bar. Maybe I'm not ready:-(

I'm I the only one?

You're only human like the rest of us. food has been a great comfort to us all that's how we got to be where we are in the first place.

I'm on my pre op diet also with a March 4 surgery date. Started the pre op Feb. 18. And this diet has been very hard on me. I cheated by eating 4 crackers this past tuesday and today. But I have not eaten anything else, not even so much as a morsel. Lord knows I really, really, REALLY want to especially some Mcdonald's fries. On Monday and Wednesday when i didn't eat those crackers, I did much better than i thought. But on the days I ate those crackers, i wanted more food. So I'm not eating another morsel of cracker or anything because it just makes you want food more. I have lost 8lbs so far. Surprised how much weight I've lost in 4 days. But just keep thinking about what could happen if you don't stick to the liquid diet. Make sure your Protein drinks are high in Protein. I drink 20g-25g a serving 3-4 times a day. If your liver is too fatty, the surgeon could close you up and cancel your surgery. Or when they cut into your stomach and there's food in it, then that will cause problems also like an infection.

But just be really careful, think about your surgery being successful and the dangerous results of eating on your pre op diet right before your surgery. And take it one day at a time. I'm learning that now.

I'm I the only one?

Don't beat yourself up over it! Maybe your Protein shakes don't have enough Protein in them? I've been drinking Premier and they have 30g of Protein which keeps me full for a few hours, plus the chocolate one tastes just like chocolate milk! You can do this!! Just stay positive and keep your eyes on the prize!! :D

What was your starting BMI?

My starting BMI was 35.

I had a slip up here and there on my preop diet too but you do need to take it seriously.

ESPECIALLY the last 3 - 5 days are really critical, so please, take care of yourself.

That being said, it doesnt really sound like you have gone off the deep end with fried food and pastry either, so resolve to do better. You'll be OK. Some people COMPLETELY ignore the preop diet and continue to stuff themselves and I come down a lot harder on them but that doesn't really sound like what is going on here.

Only you can answer that question. Chances are if you're cheating pre-op, you will be tempted to do it post-op. Maybe you just need some time so that when you do have your surgery, you will have set yourself up for optimal success. Listen to your heart, and I wish you the best.