Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EVIL comes in many forms....

Ok, I have to write about the events of last night. I have been having pain with my back lately. I have a herniated disk and sciatica that kinda comes and goes, well right now I think it has moved in for an extended visit. Anyhow, it hurts like a beeeatch so I finally had to break down last night and go get my vicodan prescription filled. I went to wallgreens cuz it was like 9:30 when I realized that I would never be able to sleep without a pain pill and wallgreens is open 24 hours. So I pull in in my husbands big quad cab 4X4 Dodge ram truck which is hard pressed to fit perfectly in a conventional parking place, but it does, it just takes some doing. anyhow I was a little crooked but the truck tires were all inside the lines so I got out of the truck to go inside and some guy in his middle to late 50's with balding hair and a mean looking face is walking out to his car which is parked next to the truck but still has about 3 1/2 feet of clearance. So anyway this f-er says "what the F is wrong with you ya fat bitch don't you know how to park that thing? You would think that you'de have practice what with you havin to maneuvere your fat ass around all the time. How the F am I gonna get my car out?..." I turned aroud and look at his car and there was plenty...and I do mean plenty of room there and I go " Ummmm I think you can get out just fine and if you can't you don't need to be driving" Then He goes "shut the F up you fat F get your fat ass over here and move your F ing truck." I just kept walking into the store and he goes "You better hope your truck is in the same shape you left it in when you get back" and when I was going throught the door he goes "lets see if you can fit your F ing fat as throught that door ya fat C---" I got inside and I was so shook up that it took me 2 minutes to think that I better go out there and get his license number and make sure he wasn't vandalizing my truck. I picked up a pen and went out with my date book open and there he was parked behind my truck and just stepping out of his car. As soon as he saw me he got back in and with the window down he was yelling "What the fuck is your problem ya fat bitch did ya think I was gonna do somethin to your F ing truck...well you better be scared ya fat C---" After I went and looked at the side of the truck I went to the back of his car and wrote down the plate number. He was like "Your a F ing cow ya know that? Do ya think that scares me ya fat ass bitch? Finally as I walked by I turned around about three feet from his face and flipped him off. He goes Ya know what bitch that's the kinda shit that gets fat bitches killed" and I just kept on walking into the store. Once I was inside he drove off and I called the police. They came out and just told me there was nothing they could do about it because he didn't outright threaten me. The police woman who showed up was kinda laughing about it and saying theres really nothing we can do about someone yelling obscenities at you unless we actually hear him, then we could charge him with disorderly conduct. As far as the threats she said he would have to say "I am going to vandalize your truck" or "I am going to kill you" in order for it to be taken as a threat.

I was so angry and in shock about all of it that I just left after giving my useless information and the useless License number to the store manager who at least pretended to be sincerely concerned about it and she didn't laugh about it like the female police officer had. The police woman was not even interested in taking down his license plate number!

I was so appalled by this and I thought God I am so naieve to have been taken by surprise like that ...I mean when I was younger, in early 30's and I looked about 23 or 24 because fat girls always look youger just because we look like babies with our moon faces...anyway I expected youger men to treat me badly because it had happened a number of times and I wasn't even that big then...like a size 16 or so. What I'm saying is that as a 42 year old mother of 2 almost grown children and as a professional I just don't encounter these kind of men in my daily life ever and I was totally bowled over by the unprovoked evil and hatred this man showed. I am still reeling from it right now! It really shook my already shaky self image and I am now trying to regain my composure and my pride.

I hope that man rots in the eternal fires of hell where he belongs. Karma will come to get him eventually. Well, at least we can take pleasure in the knowledge that he must be a very unhappy and depressed person to be filled with so much rage for no reason. I admire your ability to remain composed. In encounters like that I tend to flip out pretty badly. People like him always get what's coming to them in the end. He must have suffered pretty badly in his life in order to act like that with no provocation. I hope that as much as he has suffered, he suffers ever so much more...

*hugs* sorry you had to go through that. I can't offer much other than to say some people are real assholes. Try not to let him get to you.

The good thing about this is that at any time, a (his words, not mine) fat F is going to roll over him driving an F concrete truck and the last thing he is going to see is the fat F getting out from behind the wheel of the F concrete truck to see what is jammed underneath her car and there he will be, squashed for all of eternity with a lot of explaining to do at the pearly gates.

The bad thing is that you wont be there to see it!

Chin up! Unintelligent people are so stupid that they have to use the obvious to try to insult people they are intimidated by. He probably went home to a once gorgeous BBW who is now cowering in her recliner with chin hairs and curlers with the remote permanently glued to her hand while she watches QVC 24/7 and drinks beer.

You on the other hand have a life! He'll get his!

CJ

I"m so sorry you had to meet that awful man! I agree with Sunta that he must be really unhappy..and probably unhealthy carrying all that anger around. But it is hard when someone takes awhack at our already shaky self esteem. Consider yourself hugged!

Emily

Hugs from here too....people can be real assholes. Just remember that you are the better person for not attacking back. I am sure that Karma will bite him in the ass..~Mandy

Instead of walking into the store, I would have gotten back into my truck -- while he was still in the middle of his tirade, and before he got into his car -- locked the doors, turned the ignition, called 9-1-1, backed up a little, and rammed his car a few times in that big ass truck of yours, while telling the 9-1-1 operator that you are reporting an accident.

That would have taken the asshole by surprise. The shit. Sure, when the police arrived it would have been your fault, but you simply tell them it was an accident because HE had parked so close to YOUR vehicle, you couldn't maneuver out of your parking place.

The bastard.

Righteous indignation is underrated.

OHMYGOSH, what a terrible encounter!! I am so glad you could write it here and get it out, so many times we have a hurtful experience and we just keep it to ourselves out of embarrassment. That was so awful, but I am impressed with how you handled yourself... I loved your comment back to him!!! You did great!! He sounds like a terrible person.... probably drunk and/or drugged up, with alot of rage. Hopefully, he left there in a rage and got stopped by the cops for reckless driving.... then he probably got violent with them and they had to spray him with mace, then cuff him and beat him up on the ground.... ooops, must be all those "Cops" shows my sons used to watch!! Anyway, one can only hope. Rest assured that he WILL get his!! It always happens!! And be gentle with yourself--- this was HIS problem, not yours!! Hang in there.... you really did yourself proud!

Karen

Don't let what happened to you hurt your self image or your pride. You acted like a human being and kept your cool. You should be proud of yourself for that. I don't know whether I could have. You are a much better person that unfortunately encountered an ignorant idiot with no class.

I'm so sorry that you had to face that, but know that you are better than that and compassion and self control make you so.

Warm hugs to you. What a scary thing to happen. I can totally visualize something like that happening, I have a girl i work with who had a similar incident. We are complete night owls, because we work the night shift. So its not uncommon for me to be out and about at the all night drugstore or Walmart late at night.

What is it about parking lots at night that brings out the wacko's????

Glad you are safe.

What goes around comes around! He'll get his due. You may never see it or hear about it, but guaranteed he will get his due! So sad for you, how sick people are...You handled this as well as you could.

Shawn

((((Hugs))))) Been there done that. It had a driver calling me fat names out of his window yesterday on my home from work.

I am so sorry you had to endure this. It is awful the one people think they can treat others. This is in no way a reflection of you, but of his ignorance. There was certainly more going on than the fact that you were overweight. We'll never know and really we don't care. He is a lunatic and like others have said, will get his just rewards later. Too bad you won't be there to see it.

I do worry about your reactions and your own personal safety. Remember no truck, car, or vehicle is worth your life. Although it was good to take his license plate number, it was not good to put yourself in harm's way. There is no reasoning with people like him and he could have just as easily pulled a gun. You just never know.

It brings up one of my own personal safety points. I never go out at night to the store, to pump gas, to the ATM, etc. alone. I try to plan as best I can so I'm not in those situations. I know you were in pain and needed to make the stop. Next time drag DH with you. :rolleyes:

Hugs to you! By his lack of vocabulary, inability to truly express his feelings other than spouting out the F word, and poor social skills, he must be living at the bottom of the pile. Normally, people who have a tendency toward name calling outgrow it by the time they finish junior high.

His words were based on anger at his pathetic existence, and really, they don't matter to you in the least. The only way he's won anything is if you spend another second letting it bother you. Chalk it up to him being scum, get a chuckle out of him attempting to control a woman of your caliber, and put it out of your mind.

You carried yourself like a lady, and we're all proud of you!