Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ! My name is Pamela B. and I THINK I'm having a JULY surgery

I'm back. Yay! The surgery itself was not difficult at all. The toughest part is getting down enough liquids. It's hard to sip a teaspoon at a time & only an ounce every 15 minutes, but this morning I learned that sipping while standing isn't painful but while sitting, there is discomfort. I know this is because I am still healing on the inside. I am thankful that my Vitamins and other meds are liquid and chewable because it's hard to imagine getting proper nourishment this way. I did weigh in officially @ the hospital @ 220 but when I weighed Thursday afternoon, I was @ 230. Lots if Water weight from the surgery. I am sure I will normalize in a few more days. I hope everyone else is great! God bless.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best in your journey. :) take it one sip at a time and stay hydrated. The stages will go by quicker than you can imagine and it is so worth all the struggle!

I'm back. Yay! The surgery itself was not difficult at all. The toughest part is getting down enough liquids. It's hard to sip a teaspoon at a time & only an ounce every 15 minutes' date=' but this morning I learned that sipping while standing isn't painful but while sitting, there is discomfort. I know this is because I am still healing on the inside. I am thankful that my Vitamins and other meds are liquid and chewable because it's hard to imagine getting proper nourishment this way. I did weigh in officially @ the hospital @ 220 but when I weighed Thursday afternoon, I was @ 230. Lots if Water weight from the surgery. I am sure I will normalize in a few more days. I hope everyone else is great! God bless.[/quote']

Hey. Glad to hear you are doing well. I had surgery on 07/29. My experience has been much like yours. It's hard to get the liquids in. I know what you mean about the Water weight. They pump so much liquids in you, I am peeing like crazy! Hope we both have a quick recovery!

Hi asdamato22. How are you feeling? I went back to work last Monday & I feel great! I am on cream Soups, aka phase 2. I am looking forward to Wednesday when I start soft foods...mashed potatoes never sounded so sweet. Ha ha! I weighed in this morning @ 215, so I finally dropped the 10lbs of Water weight I gained from surgery. . . YAY!!! I guess the real weigh in that will count will be Tuesday when I have my follow up with my doc. Super excited to show him how good I'm doing. So far so good. Tell me all about your experience so far. Any struggles? I'm praying for ya. Take care.

Hi asdamato22. How are you feeling? I went back to work last Monday & I feel great! I am on cream soups' date=' aka phase 2. I am looking forward to Wednesday when I start soft foods...mashed potatoes never sounded so sweet. Ha ha! I weighed in this morning @ 215, so I finally dropped the 10lbs of Water weight I gained from surgery. . . YAY!!! I guess the real weigh in that will count will be Tuesday when I have my follow up with my doc. Super excited to show him how good I'm doing. So far so good. Tell me all about your experience so far. Any struggles? I'm praying for ya. Take care.[/quote']

Hi there

Glad to hear you are doing well! Congrats on the weight loss. How long did you take of of work?

I took two weeks. I go back to work on Monday and a feel up to it just not in the mood.

No other struggles except the first week and a half were hard, just sore and fuzzy from the anesthesia. Thursday was a turning point when I went to my post op appointment and they removed my drain. That thing was so uncomfortable. As of this morning I have lost 19 pounds. Finally back in the 220s. I had my first scrambled egg, and it is so weird not being able to eat much. But now it's a lifestyle thing. I am so glad not to be conflicted of what I should and shouldn't eat any more. I have my plan and I'm sticking to it.

What is your goal? I'm still not sure about mine.

Keep in touch. Private message me if you like ;)

I only took off 3 days total from work, including surgery day. I am down to 210 as of yesterday. Today I started normal food. I am able to eat 2.5oz of grilled chicken 1.5oz of mashed potatoes. Only 140 calories & 14 grams of Protein. I eat low fat cottage cheese for Breakfast because it's a lot of protein, too. I was doing 5 small meals with soft foods but I am going to try 3 meals now & see how it works. I feel great! Absolutely no issues have arisen whatsoever. Grateful. How are y'all doing?

I only took off 3 days total from work' date=' including surgery day. I am down to 210 as of yesterday. Today I started normal food. I am able to eat 2.5oz of grilled chicken 1.5oz of mashed potatoes. Only 140 calories & 14 grams of Protein. I eat low fat cottage cheese for breakfast because it's a lot of Protein, too. I was doing 5 small meals with soft foods but I am going to try 3 meals now & see how it works. I feel great! Absolutely no issues have arisen whatsoever. Grateful. How are y'all doing?[/quote']

I am now down 23 pounds at just a few days past a month out. Most of that weight came off the first two weeks. I am a little frustrated yet optimistic. I think I will see a

Difference once I start hitting the gym. How are you doing?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hit the gym & see better results. I do feel a lot better. I weighed in@ 207 on Saturday morning. I was @ 238 when I started pre-op diet but 248 2 weeks before. My 5 yr old nephew weighs 41 so I literally lost a whole little boy off my body in about 8 weeks! Ha! How are you feeling otherwise?

Hey everyone. How's it going? I'm checking in. 10 weeks post op & I'm @ 195. Let me know how y'all are doing. Blessings.

Hey everyone. How's it going? I'm checking in. 10 weeks post op & I'm @ 195. Let me know how y'all are doing. Blessings.

Good Morning, 12 weeks post op for me, I am at 168 lbs, 38 pounds gone... feeling great, I been going to the gym 3 times a week, i had few stalls :(, I started loosing some hair last week but I know this is only temporarily, no regrets. Have a great day. :)

Edited by Malugo

Wow. You are doing great!! I am at 208 down from 246. Are you doing anything special? Eating a strict diet or exercising a lot? I just joined a gym and entered a weight loss challenge. I really want to get to onederland but it is taking me a while to get there. Any advice??

So happy for y'all! Great job! Let's keep up the good fight. I am hovering @ 191 now. It's a little slow now but I got this. :) I just want y'all to know that I'm praying for you during your journey. God is good & He wants us to succeed. Have faith & press on. Much love & blessings.

Hi everyone. What's been going on out there with my fellow July 2013 sleevers? Any news to tell? For myself, I have my 6 mo follow up this coming Tuesday. Last I checked I was @ 170. I'm hopeful to be @ 168 for my appointment. That will be 80lbs down. I've had one very short stall for just a week. Otherwise no eating or any other issues whatsoever. Exercising from time to time but I plan to join Curves in March when they have the free joining food drive. I know Curves worked for me several years ago before I got sick & gained all my pre lap-band weight and then some. So what's funny to me is that I'm actually considering changing my goal weight from 148 to 135. I like the thought of having "play" room on the scale for fluctuations. Any thoughts?

I had surgery july 8th. (6 months) started at 276 now only 233. I'm having a very hard time. I get really thirsty when I eat, and have been cheating by taking little sips of liquid in while I eat. I feel so depressed that I haven't lost more weight by now :-(