Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The defining moment you knew

Wow cyncity, so many exciting new changes in your life! Congrats!

An another thing, may be TMI but I can't wait to lose my "side boob"! Lol

Wow cyncity' date=' so many exciting new changes in your life! Congrats![/quote']

Nicolanz thanks!! It's exciting! I am so impatient but this sleeve has def given me something to focus on haha. Don't you have a child? How was your pregnancy?

Being diagnosed w/ pre-diabetes and pre-cancerous polyps. That was it for me. I don't want to die young like both my parents did. My dad ate his way to a massive heart attack, and my mom died of colon cancer just under three years later. I don't have to take meds for co-morbidities...yet...but was diagnosed w/ pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, high triglycerides this summer, along w/ having to have colonoscopies every three years due to recurring pre-cancerous polyps. I'm done. I refuse to look at my kids and admit I choose food over them. I choose them and my husband and life!

Nicolanz thanks!! It's exciting! I am so impatient but this sleeve has def given me something to focus on haha. Don't you have a child? How was your pregnancy?

2 boys. Overall, pregnancy was good but I'm so jealous of those who get to experience a "skinny" pregnancy. You know, actually look pregnant and not not like a beached whale! Haha

I was on a mission last year to get healthy. I had a runner-friend coming to town in June and wanted to look ok. Well, I didn't make it. I kept thinking about it a few months, then in October there were a lot of stories in the news about the benefits of wls. I never thought I'd be "one of those people", but it finally hit me. The only way to be successful was to get help. I set up a time to Go to a seminar then have pushed my way through my pre-op requirements. I have one more NUT appt then will sumbit to insurance and set a date. I'm so looking forward to being "one of them/you" soon :)

I found out about VSG and I knew it was for me almost immediately. I was afraid of the bypass surgery and when I found out more about the band, I was afraid of it too. I tried to lose weight for years and was not successful.

I didn't want to face my family and tell them I was dying from a weight-related disease. Having VSG was the "hail mary" of weight loss for me because nothing else I had tried worked.

Lynda

I decided something had to change when I saw pictures from a friend's wedding and I could not recognize myself anymore. What I was doing to my body was insane. Something had to give. I was tired of the looks, the comments, the constant feeling of being judged. I know people who have tried all different methods and have had success and failures. I just am hoping this choice works out to be the best for me.

...that it was time to do something about weightloss... Mine was when I wait 1hr in line to go on the superman roller coaster and I couldn't strap all the way in and had to do the walk of shame off the ride leaving my boyfriend on and felt like EVERYONE watched' date=' and then having him feel like consoling me after when all I wanted to do is hide in a closet, that was last time I went to amusement park 2yrs ago[/quote']

It was Superbowl Sunday 2013 when I decided that weight loss surgery was my last hope. I have lost 50 pounds on my own, but could not go any further. 2 weeks prior to Superbowl Sunday I started Insanity and a liquid diet. I was killing myself and determined. I got on the scale the morning of the Superbowl and gained 6 pounds. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was so depressed and dejected. I have been struggling with this weight thing all my life.

I never wanted to do weight loss surgery because I felt like I would be copping out and that I should be able to lose this weight like all the other people I see. I was so encouraged after my first appointment with Dr. Oliak. He let me know I wasn't crazy and introduced me to the sleeve. I am so excited and can't wait until I get my approval.

After failing every fad diet, TV commercial, weight loss clinics, groups and others I was beyond depressed. While I hoped that I could somehow overcome my weight, I secretly KNEW that I needed intervention.

What was the final straw? When my own skinny mother told me "You just need to tape your mouth shut" From my own mom. This is why I stay anonymous still. My mom didn't find out for months that I had had WLS. Didn't tell my dad until over two years out.

I self paid for this surgery here in the US spending a boat load of money. Worth each and every single penny. As I always say...No regrets, I love my sleeve.

After failing every fad diet' date=' TV commercial, weight loss clinics, groups and others I was beyond depressed. While I hoped that I could somehow overcome my weight, I secretly KNEW that I needed intervention.

What was the final straw? When my own skinny mother told me "You just need to tape your mouth shut" From my own mom. This is why I stay anonymous still. My mom didn't find out for months that I had had WLS. Didn't tell my dad until over two years out.

I self paid for this surgery here in the US spending a boat load of money. Worth each and every single penny. As I always say...No regrets, I love my sleeve.[/quote']

I am so sorry. Hurtful words,like that from anyone are excruciating, but when they come from a parent they seem unbearable. I am still waiting to hear from insurance and trying not to be anxious. I can't wait to hear the words "you are approved" and get that confirmed surgery date.

I have so many! The one that hit me the hardest was getting out of the shower and seeing myself naked in the full lenghth mirror:’( . I had not seen my full body in years ofcourse I cried and decided it was time.

All of your moments make me cry because I've had those too!

For me though, my moment was when my doctor told me I was "one snickers bar away" from full blown diabetes and the only way the symptoms of PCOS would go away would be if I were to lose a significant amount of weight and if I didn't lose it then I would never have the chance to have biological children. I'm already 32 and my time is running out and it scares me as I always said I would grow up to be a mummy one day.

It does crack me up a little that I'm going for this. Both for admitting that I need help and the fact that I was the one that told my mother (when she got banded 5 years ago) that all we needed to do was to go to WW together and we could lose the weight for real.