Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 6 weeks out and I feel like this was all for nothing. I think I am failing. I am hardly eating anything and yet the scale hasn't changed in 3 weeks. My measurements haven't changed either. I am so tired all the time. I wake up thinking about the next time I can sleep. I am just so sick of following the rules and nothing happening. I know its probably just a stall so I tried upping my calories. It didn't work. I tried going on a runs that made my whole body ache everyday. Nothing changed. I tried getting more Water and Protein. Still the scale wont budge. Yesterday I drank 4 Protein Shakes and drank 50oz of water. Because of all the protein shakes I didn't eat anything. I should be losing! I don't know what to do, but I am feeling hopeless. I am regretting ever doing this. Someone please just tell me what to do?

I lost 17 before. I have only lost 16 since surgery!

This is normal.,, wish I knew why but I don't. I lost 21 lbs in my first month and only 3 lbs in month 2. The good news is after month 2 my weight loss picked back up and I lost 11 lbs the following month. I'm now 8 months out and only 14 lbs left to hit goal and a normal BMI. You will also get there - just focus on drinking your Water, at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces, and 80 grams of Protein a day. Keep your carbs under 40 (I keep mine under 20) and keep your calories to 600 - 800 per day. Before you know it you will reach your goal!

Are you taking your Vitamins? Make sure to keep your fluids up. Also try to start eating your Protein more. How many calories are you getting in a day?

I lost 17 before. I have only lost 16 since surgery!

I like what Karen had to say.. I know it can be frustrating I am a "slow loser" but you have to trust the process. And don't starve yourself.

In no way does that help. I find the when I drink more than 64 oz of Water a day it really helps the weight loss. Just don't give up you are so early out and the three week stall can last 3 weeks also! So you are right on track with that one :)

About 750- 850 calories a day. I do have a little trouble with Vitamins. The chewable ones make me throw up, so I have to drink liquid ones. I have trouble even keeping that kind down. My Doctor says there really isn't any other options once I cant tolerate that. So I am just doing the best I can with that.

It just makes me so angry to constantly feel like I have been hit by a bus emotionally and physically and not see my body, the scale, or my measurements change. Thanks for the advice. I am just going to have to push through it.

You will be fine. Just take it one day at a time and the weight will come of I promise. Put your scales away for a little while. Are you taking your B 12? That will help you with fatigue. Keep trying to get the Vitamins in, they are very important to you feeling better. We are here for you any questions you have we will try to answer if we can.

I know what you mean I felt a lot of internal pressure the first month or so because it wasn't coming off like other people. At three months I'm a little more relaxed because it is SLOWLY coming off, but the main thing is that it is going down and not up.

Ok are you ready for the cliché ???

We didn't gain it overnight so we are not going to lose it overnight...

This is true. I am going to try and not weigh for a while and keep trying to fix my diet and then maybe when I pull out my scale it will be past. Thank You all for the support. It means the world!

You are so welcomed. Feel free anytime to ask questions. We will answer the best we can. We are all here for each other.

Keep going - it does get better - I promise! I am almost two yrs out now and down 110 - I am working like crazy to lose 30 more, I know I will get there - just may take another year. You will hit many plateaus - don't get discouraged - it happens to all of us, it's just your body trying to adjust because it doesn't want to let go of what it is used to having. Keep your chin up - it will come off!