Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal to eat this much?

Hehehe but some of us would be sawing away at a T-bone steak with that knife and make it work!

:P

Doctors should be very specific.

There are tons of loopholes lol

Like a very tender T-bone steak hehe

People are always pushing the limits :P

And I don't think there's anything wrong with saying you don't think people should eat chicken wings 2weeks out. You don't call her names. She asked and you have your recommendation. I like direct answer and this was all helpful.

I def have obsessed on whether I have eaten too much even after I measured my food out!!! Haha. Glad we are all in this together.

I didn't call anyone names that's not me I offered her support I even went as far as for her to pm me cause I kno it's hard I'm not perfect and I'm early out to

I agree! But I also think some people come and are looking for "permission" to eat something that is not on their diet because other people do.

Whether that be because some Drs have diets that progress fast or the person just does it because they want to.

It doesn't surprise me though because a lot of us are food addicts

[Edit]

Yes I know mine was off topic too :P

Yes this was perfect for this topic ..

Nicki, just measure out 1/3 or 1/2 cup and know that's all you're going to eat. You are probably full, but don't know it because your nerves are still healing. If you are drinking your fluids, there will be very little room for other things when it's meal time. Be kind to your new stomach, be kind to YOU!

That is good advice for all of us!

Too true, Laura! My first thought was, silly woman, I can "cut" fritos and reese's Peanut Butter eggs with a plastic fork if I try hard enough.

I didn't call anyone names that's not me I offered her support I even went as far as for her to pm me cause I kno it's hard I'm not perfect and I'm early out to

Ebonisekim my iPhone autocorrect we. I meant to write you DIDN'T call anyone names and you gave direct helpful advice. It was a compliment because someone earlier in the convo said something about people being preachy or something. I was saying you're right because chicken wings seems harmless but soft if different to everyone. I thought carnitas to be soft since they are shredded. I threw it up and felt nausea all day. I don't even like pork anymore.

Ebonisekim my iPhone autocorrect we. I meant to write you DIDN'T call anyone names and you gave direct helpful advice. It was a compliment because someone earlier in the convo said something about people being preachy or something. I was saying you're right because chicken wings seems harmless but soft if different to everyone. I thought carnitas to be soft since they are shredded. I threw it up and felt nausea all day. I don't even like pork anymore.

Okay I understand ..thank you I try not to be preachy but then I don't want to seem insensitive Just helpful and direct sometimes when you beat around the bush it's not helpful I'm not perfect I cheated before I ate a Pringles do I think it would harm me no but it's diffidently not a healthy choice so I'm hear to learn and support if I can

Have to add 2 cents just on soft foods topic: my surgeon (dr Cirangle in SF) told me tuna is NOT a soft food. He said soft doesn't only mean soft to the touch - it's soft for digestion. Tuna takes a lot of work to break down, and apparently that break-down causing a "wringing" action of the stomach. That type of work is bad for a healing staple line. As such, soft means yogurt, Protein shakes, and other such items that don't cause your stomach to work in breaking it down.

Not sure other people have received this type of strict guidance from their docs...

Actually quite of bit of meat is allowed on the soft foods phase of my post op diet. However, I wasn't allowed to start on soft foods until my 4th week (after 3 weeks of liquids). In my post op guide on phase 3, soft foods, among many other things it specifically says:

tuna, salmon, chicken, or egg salad

chicken leg or thigh

meats that are cooked to a really soft consistency-crock pot or pressure cooker

Moist meatloaf, turkey loaf

Have to add 2 cents just on soft foods topic: my surgeon (dr Cirangle in SF) told me tuna is NOT a soft food. He said soft doesn't only mean soft to the touch - it's soft for digestion. Tuna takes a lot of work to break down' date=' and apparently that break-down causing a "wringing" action of the stomach. That type of work is bad for a healing staple line. As such, soft means yogurt, Protein shakes, and other such items that don't cause your stomach to work in breaking it down.

Not sure other people have received this type of strict guidance from their docs...[/quote']

Nope ! My nut said Tuna was fine I could have it so that goes to show you how different Doctors are

Actually quite of bit of meat is allowed on the soft foods phase of my post op diet. However' date=' I wasn't allowed to start on soft foods until my 4th week (after 3 weeks of liquids). In my post op guide on phase 3, soft foods, among many other things it specifically says:

tuna, salmon, chicken, or egg salad

chicken leg or thigh

meats that are cooked to a really soft consistency-crock pot or pressure cooker

Moist meatloaf, turkey loaf[/quote']

Sounds more like my diet I was giving

Hehehe but some of us would be sawing away at a T-bone steak with that knife and make it work!

:P

So true!!

I was fortunate that my surgeon and nut have been pretty specific. They also gave me a huge binder with every level of the food plan and a bunch of recipes! It really is unfortunate that some here do not seem to get proper instructions.

I disagree about being hard on her it's not about calories she's only 2weeks out eating chicken wings she should be on full liquids maybe mushy foods but you did make some valid points

If this is me u speaking of...my doctor have me on soft foods after my 2weeks. Yes I messed up on eating only the meat of the plain buffalo wings. So I have been eating my Soups and my shakes...and for dinner I ate a grilled tilapia. When I return back to Louisiana, I will be trying tuna. I amon vacation with my family , who do not know about my surgery. Yes I will do better and I truly appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. Not sure but the spider technique I had done , my doctor said I would heal faster than the regular technique...but I will be careful from now on.