Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

grazing (good) alternatives

What are the best foods to graze on? Sometimes I get hungry between my 3 hour meal times. That is to say, I eat every 3 hours. Sometimes I will have a chicken meatball, a few edemame or some seaweed wafers. These do not seem too bad. What suggestions do you have?

Please don't tell me not to graze because I am already aware that it is a no no for us. I eat about 1000 calories a day and usually exercise hard, about 700-900 calories over an hour by running, ellyptical or strength training. I do not graze every day and when I do it is usually only once or twice during the day.

It depends on what I'm craving, honestly. I love turkey Jerky if I'm wanting to chew something. If you like seaweed, try the flavored nori strips. The most common are by Yamamoto Yama and they're pretty inexpensive at the asian market. I love the spicy teriyaki ones. If I want something a little sweet, I'll have a few cocoa almonds. I also like the low fat Laughing Cow wedges for something creamy and a little rich.

Would this be grazing or is it closer to planned Snacks? I guess it is not really planned in your case, but close. :). I guess i think of grazing as just bits here and there all day rather than 3 meals and 1-2 planned snacks. What do you think fiddle?

I keep baby bel cheese in the fridge, along with they tiny baby carrots and cucumber slices.

I was and still can be a grazer. What I do is plan my days food to incorporate my grazing tendency. I break down my meals so I eat about every 2 to 3 hours. I plan on two of these meals after supper as this is my worse time. This works for me. Good luck in finding what works for you.

String cheese, I was eating the weight watchers kind (they are ok)

But Katie731 turned me on to the Kraft "tomato basil" string cheese yummy :)

I like snacking on BariWise chocolate chip biscotti...it's almost like a cookie but with just a little sweetness. They are 15 cal's and 1Gm Protein per biscotti, so 5 fills me up (sometimes not that many) for 75 cal's and 5gm's protein is good for me...I can't afford non-protein Snacks yet. :)

What are the best foods to graze on?

Fiddle

i will 2nd the emotion on eating beef jerkey, or baby bel cheese - love both :)

i have boiled an egg too - that takes the "edge" off

only thing is after i make the egg, i have to put in fridge for 30 minutes, i only like them cold

my favorite "emergency" stand by is "old faithful" my greek yogurt

you'll be fine - all that exercising and stuff - burning off all those calories

btw - why don't you proudly post a ticker showing that you lost 180 lbs??!!!! is it a secret???

oooooops - i won't tell anyone ^_^ :lol:

congrats on all your successes in your new happier, heathier, longer life - you are aces!!!! :) take a bow!!!!

Would this be grazing or is it closer to planned Snacks? I guess it is not really planned in your case' date=' but close. :). I guess i think of grazing as just bits here and there all day rather than 3 meals and 1-2 planned Snacks. What do you think fiddle?[/quote']

It is grazing because it is in between my planned meals/snacks. I have 6 planned meals a day an 6 am, 9am, 12m, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm. Sometimes I do not have the 9pm meal.

Fiddle

i will 2nd the emotion on eating beef jerkey' date=' or baby bel cheese - love both :)

i have boiled an egg too - that takes the "edge" off

only thing is after i make the egg, i have to put in fridge for 30 minutes, i only like them cold

my favorite "emergency" stand by is "old faithful" my greek yogurt

you'll be fine - all that exercising and stuff - burning off all those calories

btw - why don't you proudly post a ticker showing that you lost 180 lbs??!!!! is it a secret???

oooooops - i won't tell anyone ^_^:lol:

congrats on all your successes in your new happier, heathier, longer life - you are aces!!!! :) take a bow!!!! [/quote']

Thanks. Not a secret.:)

I am a grazer. I have to be. I have never been successful at getting In all my calories, I eat a "snack" probably every 2 hours.

cheese, turkey, pepperoni, Greek yogurt all kinds of yummy things that don't make me feel bad about a planned meal schedule.

It is grazing because it is in between my planned meals/snacks. I have 6 planned meals a day an 6 am, 9am, 12m, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm. Sometimes I do not have the 9pm meal.

sleep in later...then it is part of your regular meal schedule. 6 am is just too dang early...LOL

sleep in later...then it is part of your regular meal schedule. 6 am is just too dang early...LOL

Unfortunately, I need to get up at 5:30am every morning for working on east coast time. Works out pretty well. I go to sleep about 9:30pm on average. some late nights if I have a work deadline or out doing something.