Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, insight again?

Well.... after vomiting once again on saturday ( after 3 perfect weeks when band and I were working as a loving team) I have been experiencing the usual problems, but they dont seem to go away, so I am getting worried (I am usually ok after 24 hrs).

Sunday I had only liquids, tuesday i tried solids, but was too painful so I stayed on liquids. But even liquids are going down very slowly if at all, I have the constant feeling of acid ( or liquid I just drank maybe?) going up and down my esophagus, which had made it imposible to sleep for 3 days. I have taken many antiacids, but the acid is still there. I fell asleep last night for a couple of minutes, and woke up choking on acid.... not fun. I am beyong hungry ( which is the point where i dont care for food anymore) but I doubt I can get beyond tired ( with no sleep and a 2 year old).

My question is, could this still be just swelling?

tellie

Tellie

You are filled too tight is what it sounds like to me.Please call your Dr. and tell him all of this it may be something as simple as haveing .5cc's removed. You do not want to do damage to your esophogus do you? You do not want to be completely unfilled do you? This is what will happen if you do not call your doctor and go in for a slight unfill

Please call your doctor. This is not normal and you need to get answers.

I agree, Tellie. Anytime we get to a point where we can't eat solids at all (even with chewing them to a pulp, even very late in the day), and ESPECIALLY when liquids are a problem, it's high time to call the doctor.

Let us know what he says!

Thank you for that. I know it is true, I just wish it was not. I havent had a fill in 8 weeks, so I dont understand why I am suddenly so impossibly restricted. I will call the doc, and will have some removed, I just hope its just that.

Last night I took some gaviscon, for the acid. Turns out I am allergic to that stuff.... broke out in hives all over, the swelling was very scary, took an antihystamine ( thank god the pills are TINY) and they make me sleep! This hasn't been a good week so far.

I'll call the doctor and make an appointment. Thanx.

Just had 1 ml. removed. I called the Doctor's lapband office because he works there thursdays, and they told me he wasnt there today but to go in immediatly for another doctor to unfill me, and to schedule x rays!!!! I paniked of course, I dont want x rays ever again ( trying to get pregnant) so instead I called my docs other office and they told me he would be in for a couple of hours, so I went. I think he is a brilliant surgeon, he certainly is a very nice man, but I worry he is too relaxed, he barely let me explain my problem, said hop on the table, he removed the liquid in 2 seconds ( he is so good!), looked shocked at the mention of x rays, and told me to relax, and come back when i wanted more in. So I will chose to follow that advice and see how I go, although I can feel my esophagus is very irritated, and I hope its only that ( from days of acid burn). I bought aloe vera juice (yuck) see if that helps. And will continue the liquids for a couple of days, since I am used to that now....

Thank you so much for your advice, its funny how denial takes over. I just wanted things to be like last week..... but this thing does what it does I guess.

tellie

Tellie-

I had some problems with swelling and my doctor told me to stick to cream based Soups for 3 days, and to sip sip sip Water. It hurt to drink water, but not the soup...my doctor said that was because the cream is heavier than water and gravity helps it through so my esophogas didn't have to do any work. Just a tip...I sure hope you're feeling better soon!

Megan

wow!

Thanks for that Megan. I had been wondering why I could have Soup ( and ice cream for that matter) but Water was so painful. I will stay on Soups for 3 more days just in case.

Thanx everyone!

tellie

Tellie

I'm glad you went to see your doctor and had some of your fill removed. I'm sure that is all it was (being filled to tight) Ihope you get to feeling batter soon and please keep us posted as to how you are doing with less fill.

Telli, before my band I had a lot of reflux problems. My doctors instructed me to put blocks under my bedframe at the head to sleep with the upper body elevated. I even saw some "risers" at a medical supply store that raise the head of your bed about 5 inches. You can also buy one of those wedgy kind of pillows that keep your upper body elevated. sleeping flat on your back is a no-no for reflux patients. Maybe it would help you get some rest if your problems persist.

I am sorry to hear that Tellie, but I know alot of us have had minor set backs. I am happy you are well and never ever ever be afraid to call your doctor when you have any concern. Good Luck:D