Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am three weeks out and had a piece of king cake. I'm not proud of it and I know it was a mistake. I should have demanded it removed from the house but I didn't.

What I'm most concerned about is that I didn't even feel sick or full! I ate a normal serving size, and based on everyone else I thought I'd get sick but I am fine. This happen to anyone else? Is my sleeve too big? I don't know what to make of my slip or my sleeve's response.

Geeze........I keep seeing post like these!!! I am second guessing my decision to have surgery now. I'm sorry this is not working for you.

I ate a piece of king cake today too. Regular serving.

At three weeks your stomach is still in a major healing stage. The nerves are not back to working right and you can be doing your self harm by eating so much and of such a food. Your sleeve will work but you HAVE to make sure you follow your food plan and portion sizes.

What is king cake?

What is king cake?

I just googled it... Holy Moses!!! It looks amazingly good! It's looks like a Danish pastry mixed with a cake...??? Idk what it really is, but it looks super tasty!

Geeze........I keep seeing post like these!!! I am second guessing my decision to have surgery now. I'm sorry this is not working for you.

It's not like that for everyone, though I must admit that at 3 weeks out I didn't even think about eating cake. I am now 15 weeks out and had my first taste of cake today. My daughter and I met for coffee, she ordered cake, told me to have a taste and I did exactly that, I had a taste, about a teaspoon full.

I think it's the wrong approach to see how much you can eat before you feel full. I can still only eat about 2 ozs of Protein at a time. I am not perfect, but I am strict with calories.

If you have the surgery and stick to the diet you will do well, but one slice of cake is about 3 days worth of calories. Why eat that???? Or if you are going to why bother having the surgery in the first place?

Aussie, I get it. I didn't post for a berating. We berate ourselves enough. I posted admitting it was a mistake and then asking if anyone else had a similar experience or knew why I didn't even get full. That scared me. I think I felt the need so badly bc my calorie intake has been too low with the workouts I'm doing. I never should have had the cake. So any constructive feedback? The nerve one is interesting and I hadn't thought of that. I will talk to my psychologist too. Thanks for any support.

I was wondering the same thing, I'm 9 days post op and I have no restrictions on how much I can drink. I'm still on the full liquid diet ,but I wonder if this is normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cake unfortunately is a slider food. It slides right thru your sleeve. Most high carb "bad for you" food are sliders. chips, popcorn, Cookies. DANGER FOODS!!! You're still very early out and like Amazon said, still healing and nerves aren't fully functioning. Be very careful at this point!! You could so some serious damage. I'm glad you realized it was a mistake. Hopefully you can make better choices down the road. Best wishes!!!

PS. Once you start on denser Proteins you will really feel that ristriction!!!

Thanks a lot mcwest. Good advice. I threw the cake out an told my Fam they just have to deal with it! Back to Protein Shakes and yogurt for me today!

Cake unfortunately is a slider food. It slides right thru your sleeve. Most high carb "bad for you" food are sliders. chips, popcorn, Cookies. DANGER FOODS!!! You're still very early out and like Amazon said, still healing and nerves aren't fully functioning. Be very careful at this point!! You could so some serious damage. I'm glad you realized it was a mistake. Hopefully you can make better choices down the road. Best wishes!!!

PS. Once you start on denser Proteins you will really feel that ristriction!!!

Yup, this. At three weeks out you're hardly even on real food yet. Wait till you have two bites of some chicken and feel like you ate a KFC dozens bucket! err on the side of dense Protein as much as you can. Refried Beans are great for that stage.

Dont feel bad. I ate 2 big chocolate chip Cookies a few weeks ago before i even realized it. Cake, cookies, icecream...they all slide right through for me. Now that I know that I make it a conscious decision to avoid those things. This is a learning process, and as long as you are learning from your mistakes it's not a huge deal. I applaud your restraint in only eating one peice, lol. My mom is from NOLA and I adore king cake!

Yep... a cruel twist of fate. You know all those yummy, fat and carb filled foods you love and that got you here?? Well, they are sliders, and its best to stay far far away!

I have joked with some of the girls that I had surgery with "girl you know eating that skinless chicken breast didn't get me here, ice cream did"

Just one of the many reasons why the sleeve is a

"Tool" and not a miracle :)

That being said when you eat dense Protein you will be stuffed and will not want to eat anything else!

Good luck:)