Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has accepted I will not lose anymore weight !

Well I am 9 months post op and down about 60 lbs. For the past 3 months I have not lost 1 single pound. I have tried everything from more Water to more exercise to more calories to less of all and still nothing : ( I have come to terms with the fact I am the weight I am going to be at from this point on . I am very happy with the weight I have lost I am 15 lbs away from my goal. I could have never of lost the weight with out the surgery. I was hoping to have lost ALL of the weight being that it was 75 lbs and I read about people that are losing twice as much and going past thier personal goals wearing a size 4 and the list goes on ........I will continue to eat healthy and exercise. Not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else where the weightloss has just stopped. I am glad I got as close to my goal as I did before the weight loss did stop : )

It is awesome you have maintained your weight for three months. I bet that was very hard to accomplish. Best of luck in accomplishing your goal. One day you may wake up and be 5lbs lighter.

Congrats on your weight loss, you should be proud!!! If your body has come to a weight it's happy with, it's time to maintain. Best of luck to you for a happy, healthy future :)

It is awesome you have maintained your weight for three months. I bet that was very hard to accomplish. Best of luck in accomplishing your goal. One day you may wake up and be 5lbs lighter.

Thank you for the positive words !!!! I never thought to look at it that way ... Maintaining my weight.... : ) Perception is everything : ) Thanks again!!!

Congrats on your weight loss, you should be proud!!! If your body has come to a weight it's happy with, it's time to maintain. Best of luck to you for a happy, healthy future :)

I agree ,

Thank you !!!! :)

Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance! Sooo close to ur goal!!

I too have accepted the fact that I am not going to lose any more weight...im 14 months out, have only lost 47 lbs total and have been "maintaining" my same weight for 4 months. I kno the weight loss is sometimes slow but this is ridiculous! Well, my surgeon started me on 6 mo dietian visits and after that, she will reassess my situation and together we will decide if a revision is necessary. I personally don't want to do the roux-en-y surgery for my own reasons, but I really need to get more weight off. VSG just didnt work for me :(

Good luck to you on your continued journey!

Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance! Sooo close to ur goal!!

I too have accepted the fact that I am not going to lose any more weight...im 14 months out, have only lost 47 lbs total and have been "maintaining" my same weight for 4 months. I kno the weight loss is sometimes slow but this is ridiculous! Well, my surgeon started me on 6 mo dietian visits and after that, she will reassess my situation and together we will decide if a revision is necessary. I personally don't want to do the roux-en-y surgery for my own reasons, but I really need to get more weight off. VSG just didnt work for me :(

Good luck to you on your continued journey!

Thank you !! I am so sorry you are having trouble with VSG !! I hope and pray your Dr will be able to figure out what is going on with out another surgery !!!! You will be in my thoughts for sure !! Congratulations on the 47 you have lost !!! Kepp me posted on how your doing !

Thank you !! I am so sorry you are having trouble with VSG !! I hope and pray your Dr will be able to figure out what is going on with out another surgery !!!! You will be in my thoughts for sure !! Congratulations on the 47 you have lost !!! Kepp me posted on how your doing !

Hi Baseballmom...Thank you for your kind words and concern. I went to the dietician today and we did a test whereas i step on a scale and it tells all sorts of info about my body (fat percentage; how many calories i should be eating; bmi; etc). Well, she discovered that I am doing everything right...the problem is my metabolic makeup. From what she explained to me, out of every 100 patients, there is always that "1" who has that weird metabolism...well, unfortunately, I am that "1" person. Ugh...frustrating and not much anyone can do for me. She thinks even a revision may be a waste of time! Oh well...at least I kno it wasnt me doin something wrong!