Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Admitting im scared

Omg I am three days from surgery. Started my pre op diet today. Killer headache. I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow with my dearest friend. I am leaving at home 4 kids and that realization is hitting my hard as I hold one of my twins this early in the morning because he is sick. This is the first cry I have had over my decision. I wanted to weigh and measures today but was exhausted. Tomorrow it is, will give us something to pass the time before our flight. I am looking forward to a new me but scared, as I am sure we have all been at some point. I always thought I wasnt "that big" but come on 230 lbs ain't no "little"either. I am ready to say goodbye to the fat! My first goal is 185 lbs. the smallest ill have been in 12 years. Well here is to the next part of my "journey"

Good luck to you, I am Mommy to a 3 year old and also pretty scare. I have a lapband that is failing me and hurting me and looking for a way to revise or just have the darn thing out. Having surgery is scary but a little easier if you have only 1 to go through. I know being separated from the kids and feeling weak is scary but imagine all that you will gain for having gone through it and how much better you will be after you heal.

Good luck, we all get a little nervous a few days out because it becomes REAL. It is OK. But, do a process check of why you are doing this ... to become healthier long-term to live a long healthy life for you and your children.

Mary

I'm a little scared too. I have 6 children, and I was tucking my 3 year old dd into her little purple tinkerbell bed last night with her billions of stuffed animals that are strategically placed every night in the perfect spot, and started prayers... I started tearing up, knowing that I'm taking such a big scary step.. Not only the surgery, but Mexico, my first flights, the unknown. I'm not terrified, I'm actually pretty calm, considering, but I have my moments... I think in the end, we will be so proud of ourselves for overcoming what was so foreign and scary to us.... I am anxious for that part.. I'm excited to leave and go into surgery, but I'm REALLY excited about my new life..

(heres to us)

i think at some point all of us get scared. i have a almost 9yr old son. he is scared for me to stay overnight in the hospital. im dreading the morning i have to leave him because i know there will be alot of tears. but i will stay strong because i am doing this for him :-)

Yes, at some point we all get scared. I"m a father of 2 awesome boys. My heaviest weight was at 489 lbs. I had to ask myself how much longer would I be here for my family. There where nights when I cried and did not sleep. You name the thought and I had it. The hardest part for me was the day of the surgery, saying goodbye just before the surgery. Wondering if I was going to die on the table.

I had my surgery on August 19th, of 2011. I am still here, no side affects. I now weigh 250 lbs. (fluctuating between 245-252) lol You will be fine! Good luck on your journey.

Joe

Thank you. I am glad to know I am not the only one who hopes they won't die on the table. Just traveling to airport. Crapping my pants to be honest

Good luck! We cannot wait to hear on your progress!

Joe

Well on the way to the hospital. Surgery in the morning. Missing my family tonight and a bit sad my husband is not here. Went for a long walk so should hopefully sleep good tonight. I love puerto vallarta and love the support system that is here!! Wish me luck. Going in at 235. Weighed in at the airport lol. That scale is never wrong.